X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sisters do you expect part of your Mahr to be in gold

Originally posted by ninety1daisies View Post
    wow..

I wonder how we can tell these men are that type..
    Other abusers have a tried-and-tested method within their own communities. They will have a friend’s wife look out for and befriend new sisters who join the community, building a relationship with them and slowly encouraging them to marry “a good brother my husband knows.”
    That's pretty scary. So some of them like to establish reputations in their community..

I guess you could get around this by asking his family about him... But would he even admit to having a family if he had malicious intentions?
    "Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah. Therefore if the pains of this world tire you do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of duaa. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know; that verily Allah does not forget it."
    - Ibn al Qayyim (rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by aidaalej View Post
      That's pretty scary. So some of them like to establish reputations in their community..

I guess you could get around this by asking his family about him... But would he even admit to having a family if he had malicious intentions?
      i'd think these types of marriages don't happen often. they are very rare. I hope.
      Indeed we belong to Allah,
      and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

i'd think these types of marriages don't happen often. they are very rare. I hope.
        You have a family so insha'Allah those losers would be scared of them. I don't think they target sisters with strong family ties so you don't need to worry.
        Last edited by .khayriyyah.; 04-12-17, 04:53 AM.
        "Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah. Therefore if the pains of this world tire you do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of duaa. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know; that verily Allah does not forget it."

Comment

Originally posted by aidaalej View Post
          You have a family so insha'Allah those losers would be scared of them. I don't think they target sisters with strong family ties so you don't need to worry.

I once read something where a sister was talking about how those guys would probably be too scared to do something like that to her because her brothers are so intimidating loool
          hmm.. I think even with families some sisters may become victims. may Allah protect us all.

we can only truly rely on Allah.
          Indeed we belong to Allah,
          and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

hmm.. I think even with families some sisters may become victims. may Allah protect us all.

we can only truly rely on Allah.
            Ameen

You're right

Comment

The Prophet :saw: said: “The best of mahrs is the simplest (or most affordable).” Narrated by al-Haakim and al-Bayhaqi, classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 3279.

There was a couple married in my community a few years ago, and when it came time to decide the mahr the sister said "You know, I really just want a cup of coffee." :up:

https://islamqa.info/en/10525

Comment

Originally posted by amalie View Post
                The Prophet :saw: said: “The best of mahrs is the simplest (or most affordable).” Narrated by al-Haakim and al-Bayhaqi, classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 3279.

There was a couple married in my community a few years ago, and when it came time to decide the mahr the sister said "You know, I really just want a cup of coffee." :up:

https://islamqa.info/en/10525
                :jkk:
                Alhamdulillah, yes people shouldn't make getting married difficult.

Wow, interesting.
                Make you wonder what happen if she ask khula. What will be given back to husband..

Comment

coffee?

oh my
                  urgh

urgh

urgh

what a great start to the marriage :1popcorn: but why not coke? it's cheaper and you can even persuade him to become a coke shareholder. win win

as I have already made it pretty nicely clear that the gold must be there all shiny and waiting for me, then we can seal the deal

you have to do these things
                  'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by uccello verde View Post
                    :jkk:
                    Alhamdulillah, yes people shouldn't make getting married difficult.

Wow, interesting.
                    Make you wonder what happen if she ask khula. What will be given back to husband..
                    a cup of coffee?

it's got to be lol

he doesn't have to know that it's not nescafe
                    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                      a cup of coffee?

it's got to be lol

he doesn't have to know that it's not nescafe
                      Lol, maybe some fancy Italian brand of coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by uccello verde View Post
                        Lol, maybe some fancy Italian brand of coffee.
                        hmm

no time for fancy shancy

whatever is in the cupboard lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                          hmm

no time for fancy shancy

whatever is in the cupboard lol
                          I don't know...I'm a tea lover.

Comment

Working...
                          X