Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you even allowed to marry a secular muslim?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hassan246
    started a topic Are you even allowed to marry a secular muslim?

Are you even allowed to marry a secular muslim?

I'm talking about those who don't pray and only celebrate eid & ramadan. They disagree with some parts of Sharia but still call themselves Muslims. In my family they don't even care if the spouses pray and allow their daughters and sons to marry them.

• Saif-Uddin
    replied
    Re: Are you even allowed to marry a secular muslim?

Originally posted by Jade Vine View Post
    And even if there was, judging by the apparent is superficial and incomplete, as there are many things we don't see, not included in the "judgement". And also, we have so many sins of our own, that judging others is just as pointless as throwing coins into a fountain.

Whoever shows us evil, then we will not trust him or believe in him even if he claims his intention is good. What does it mean, exactly? People should be evil so we can consider them evil? And what if they are not evil, but they don't pray Salah. Do we consider them evil? Do we know if they will maybe start praying? Is being evil and not praying Salah the same thing? I really don't think so.
    Not praying Salaah, not giving a damn about it and to top it off rejecting parts of the Shariah of Allah tala, these Evil antics are all good according to you is it?

You cant justify kufr,

And you either accept the hadith or you dont,

A muslim doesnt have sny right to argue against a hadith,

Leave a comment:

• Jade Vine
    replied

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    this one...

Abdullah ibn Utbah reported: I heard Umar ibn Al-Khattab, :RA: , say, “Verily, in the time of the Messenger of Allah, :saw:, the people would be judged by revelation, but the revelation has ended. Now we judge you according to your outward deeds. Whoever shows us good, we will trust him and favor him and it is not for us to judge his inner secrets, for Allah will hold him accountable for those. Whoever shows us evil, then we will not trust him or believe in him even if he claims his intention is good.”

(Sahih Bukhari Hadith number 2498)

it's been cited several times,

yet some Muslims keep regurgitating Christian beliefs,

Not praying Salaah, not caring if they Pray and Rejecting parts of the Shariah all add up to Kufr.

hence such people are Disbelievers.

:jkk:
    And even if there was, judging by the apparent is superficial and incomplete, as there are many things we don't see, not included in the "judgement". And also, we have so many sins of our own, that judging others is just as pointless as throwing coins into a fountain.

Whoever shows us evil, then we will not trust him or believe in him even if he claims his intention is good. What does it mean, exactly? People should be evil so we can consider them evil? And what if they are not evil, but they don't pray Salah. Do we consider them evil? Do we know if they will maybe start praying? Is being evil and not praying Salah the same thing? I really don't think so.

Leave a comment:

• Saif-Uddin
    replied

what hadith?

this one...

Abdullah ibn Utbah reported: I heard Umar ibn Al-Khattab, :RA: , say, “Verily, in the time of the Messenger of Allah, :saw:, the people would be judged by revelation, but the revelation has ended. Now we judge you according to your outward deeds. Whoever shows us good, we will trust him and favor him and it is not for us to judge his inner secrets, for Allah will hold him accountable for those. Whoever shows us evil, then we will not trust him or believe in him even if he claims his intention is good.”

(Sahih Bukhari Hadith number 2498)

it's been cited several times,

yet some Muslims keep regurgitating Christian beliefs,

Not praying Salaah, not caring if they Pray and Rejecting parts of the Shariah all add up to Kufr.

hence such people are Disbelievers.

Leave a comment:

• Jade Vine
    replied

Nullifiers were posted, we judge by the apparent

The "only God can judge" argument is from Christians, although even their Bible refutes this belief.

We judge by the apparent as stated in the hadith,
    what hadith?

Last edited by Jade Vine; 06-02-17, 08:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Losttraveler
    replied

Originally posted by hassan246 View Post
    I'm talking about those who don't pray and only celebrate eid & ramadan. They disagree with some parts of Sharia but still call themselves Muslims. In my family they don't even care if the spouses pray and allow their daughters and sons to marry them.
    Allowed 😁😁
    For my family side they call themselves religious.
    But when considering a proposal for daughter caste, education, money comes first and yes "khaandani sharafat"(a desi term) matters. Daily salah or Quran are never considered, in fact no body thinks to ask.
    So 100% allowed. Sighhh..

Leave a comment:

• Saif-Uddin
    replied

be careful about classifications, only Allah s.w.t. knows that information. I know many people like this, some of them are very good people, some of them are okay, some of them started praying at some point... I would say let's not jump into conclusions, but marrying someone who doesn't pray or care for the deen would be some sort of suicide from the ambush...
    Nullifiers were posted, we judge by the apparent

The "only God can judge" argument is from Christians, although even their Bible refutes this belief.

We judge by the apparent as stated in the hadith,
    Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 03-02-17, 10:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jade Vine
    replied

Doesn't pray, don't care if they pray, disagrees with parts of the Shariah?

You've described a Kaafir.

Which automatically rules them out

We marry muslims with good character,

Not Kuffar with screw loose tendencies, they are Forbidden for us

be careful about classifications, only Allah s.w.t. knows that information. I know many people like this, some of them are very good people, some of them are okay, some of them started praying at some point... I would say let's not jump into conclusions, but marrying someone who doesn't pray or care for the deen would be some sort of suicide from the ambush...

Leave a comment:

• Saif-Uddin
    replied

Originally posted by hassan246 View Post
    Wa'Alaikum salam

I can't edit the title anymore. It's up to the moderators now.

I would've added quotation marks on secular Muslims to imply that I'm being sarcastic but were you really, truly unable to grasp the general point I was making?

Do I have to slow down everything to the lowest common denominator, so it's never misunderstood?

Perhaps spend a few moments thinking of what I may have generally been saying.
    Calm down no need for a Tantrum,

You described a Kaafir in your op, used a phrase which is Oxymoronic,

"Secular Muslim" two words which are opposite of each other and then asked if a Muslim can marry such a person,

There's no point mocking others,

Any Muslim could have told you the answer to your question.

Leave a comment:

• hassan246
    replied

Originally posted by Mabbasi View Post
    Asalaamu alaykum,

Please change the thread title, there is no such thing as a "secular muslim". You might misguide many who are glancing over thread topics and might form a wrong idea.

JazakAllahu khayr
    Wa'Alaikum salam

I can't edit the title anymore. It's up to the moderators now.

Even the term "Secular Muslim" is an Oxymoron,

OP should be well aware of this,
    I would've added quotation marks on secular Muslims to imply that I'm being sarcastic but were you really, truly unable to grasp the general point I was making?

Do I have to slow down everything to the lowest common denominator, so it's never misunderstood?

Perhaps spend a few moments thinking of what I may have generally been saying.
    Last edited by hassan246; 03-02-17, 02:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ss91
    replied

Originally posted by Harun1004 View Post
    Muslims have lowered the Deen requirements for marriage in pursuit of the dunya which is why this is occurring. You have men willing to mary beautiful women who don't even wear hijab let alone make salat and women with out of this world mahr prices throwing themselves at men with money but not Deen. More women would cover and men would pray if they knew that it would prevent them from marriage but what's the point to them if they still get all the perks of the Muslim community?
    its not some people's fault. depending on where they live, they just cant find anyone. especially for the women where there are more women to begin with than men. then out of those men how many have a job, then out of the ones with a job how many are decent Muslims, then out of the many that are decent Muslims how many will propose...

atleast in US its like that, some parts atleast. There are big Muslim communities around though but still way more girls than guys.

Leave a comment:

• Saif-Uddin
    replied

Even the term "Secular Muslim" is an Oxymoron,

OP should be well aware of this,

Leave a comment:

• Saif-Uddin
    replied

Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
    The only thing I can think of is that they are unaware of the seriousness of it. Those who know what it means to do so yet still do so... that's a different matter and you fear the worst for them if they were to be taken in death.
    Akhi no muslim is unaware of the Obligation to pray Salaah,

Leave a comment:

• ss91
    replied

unfortunately a lot of Muslim families in US have a hard time finding someone for their daughter or son because there are only a limited number to choose from and must meet the following hypothetical criteria:

1)Must be Muslim obviously (this creates the initial pool)
    2)Must have same ethnicity (this decreases the pool)
    3)Must come from a good family (this further decreases the pool)
    4) Must have a good job (Guys) (this drastically decreases the pool)
    5) Must actually end up being attracted to each other (this further decreases the pool again)

in reality no one can find all that so some families compromise and unfortunately in some cases it can be so bad, that some just settle for someone who just calls themselves Muslim (worse case scenario)
    The girls have it worse in my opinion. From my observation there are more girls than guys here.

Leave a comment:

• Mabbasi
    replied

Asalaamu alaykum,

Please change the thread title, there is no such thing as a "secular muslim". You might misguide many who are glancing over thread topics and might form a wrong idea.

JazakAllahu khayr

Leave a comment:

Working...
X