Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you even allowed to marry a secular muslim?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are you even allowed to marry a secular muslim?

Why would you want to?
    What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked Allah for yesterday?

We worry about tomorrow as if its guaranteed

Comment

Sounds like a kafir, so no.
      Narrated Anas:
      The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." [Bukhari]

Comment

This is not just secularism, it's kufr.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannahk92 View Post
          There's no such thing as a secular muslim ... you're either Muslim or you're not ... if a person rejected parts of the shariah then they would have committed kufr and by doing so have left the folds of Islam

would such a marriage even be valid

steer well clear
          The only thing I can think of is that they are unaware of the seriousness of it. Those who know what it means to do so yet still do so... that's a different matter and you fear the worst for them if they were to be taken in death.
          LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
          -------------------------------
          "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
          NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

Originally posted by hassan246 View Post
            I'm talking about those who don't pray and only celebrate eid & ramadan. They disagree with some parts of Sharia but still call themselves Muslims. In my family they don't even care if the spouses pray and allow their daughters and sons to marry them.
            One should not.

But the reality is probably most parents do not care. I am speaking from my personal experience , it may sound odd , but parents do not care mush ( majority I have seen ).

Comment

Originally posted by Deeni Akh View Post
              This is not just secularism, it's kufr.
              So are Jews and Christians... but it's permissible to marry them.

Comment

Jews and christians are from the people of the book and there is seperate evidence from the Qur'an and sunnah stating that it is permissible to marry them.

As for apostates who were on the truth but left the deen and reject any invitations or advice to come back are worse than the other non-muslims and the evidence state that it's impermissible to marry them.

Comment

I doubt it, there would be no benefit from it. It'd be no different than marrying a Christian Jew or Atheist.

Comment

There's a different between a kaffir aslee and a kaffir Murtad
                    you cant compare the two at all
                    ▪️••• 〰 Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards the idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response, but rather it does not befit the lion to answer the dogs. 〰 •••▪️

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Comment

It annoys me that some of the people responding are suggesting it's preferable not to do so, that it's advisable not to do so, no it's not a matter of preference of not being advisable, it's something haram.

A secularist is not a Muslim, they are not permissible to marry at all.
                      It's not like a jew or a Christian bride, who are allowed under certain strict conditions, secularists have left the deen and fall under a totally different ruling.
                      FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by Bismil View Post
                        One should not.

But the reality is probably most parents do not care. I am speaking from my personal experience , it may sound odd , but parents do not care mush ( majority I have seen ).
                        waiting for your answer ie

do you believe :Hazrat Ameer Muawiya R.A to be a Sahabi, as in the Sahabi ie whose status and level is above muslims who were born afterwards

yes or no
                        Please Please Please Make Dua for these [URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?455964-Plz-Make-Dua-for-these-members&p=6715010&viewfull=1#post6715010"]Click Here[/URL] JazakAllahi

Comment

Muslims have lowered the Deen requirements for marriage in pursuit of the dunya which is why this is occurring. You have men willing to mary beautiful women who don't even wear hijab let alone make salat and women with out of this world mahr prices throwing themselves at men with money but not Deen. More women would cover and men would pray if they knew that it would prevent them from marriage but what's the point to them if they still get all the perks of the Muslim community?

Comment

Originally posted by Harun1004 View Post
                            Muslims have lowered the Deen requirements for marriage in pursuit of the dunya which is why this is occurring. You have men willing to mary beautiful women who don't even wear hijab let alone make salat and women with out of this world mahr prices throwing themselves at men with money but not Deen. More women would cover and men would pray if they knew that it would prevent them from marriage but what's the point to them if they still get all the perks of the Muslim community?
                            But then people would start being more "religious" just to market themselves for marriage.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                              But then people would start being more "religious" just to market themselves for marriage.
                              You get that now, in the practicing sections of the muslim community, but that doesn't mean you remove it as a requirement, just you ask more probing questions and not just rely on first impressions
                              FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

anyone who adopts the law of man over law of Allah is a Kaafir
                                you cannot marry them. they need to return Islam first
                                with Salah there are differences of opinions, so you might argue with me on that if I said they are out of Islam in that regard

Comment

Working...
                                X