What if a man prays but commits zina?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if a man prays but commits zina?

My uncle who is 2 years older than me, is in a haram relationship, but he still performs his salahs. Is he still considered a Muslim?Some members in my family are really opposed to it, but he keeps saying he doesn't want to get married.

Re: What if a man prays but commits zina?

Originally posted by hassan246 View Post
    My uncle who is 2 years older than me, is in a haram relationship, but he still performs his salahs. Is he still considered a Muslim?Some members in my family are really opposed to it, but he keeps saying he doesn't want to get married.
    Does he think what he is doing is permissible?
    Narrated Anas:
    The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." [Bukhari]

Comment

Yes it doesn't make you a non muslim. It is very surprising to hear such a thing , with all due respect. Usually these things are hidden especially when one is performing salah and what have you.

Keep advising him , without being too annoying if that's possible.

May Allah guide him and forgive all of us .

Comment

My uncle who is 2 years older than me, is in a haram relationship, but he still performs his salahs. Is he still considered a Muslim?Some members in my family are really opposed to it, but keeps saying he doesn't want to get married.
        It can be said that if his prayers did not prevent him from zinaa, then his prayers are incomplete and not offered in the manner they should be because Allah (swt) says:

Indeed, prayer prohibits immorality and wrongdoing, and the remembrance of Allah is greater. And Allah knows that which you do.

But his actions do not negate his prayers if he doesn't do anything else to invalidate prayer. Leaving prayer is a greater sin than zinaa, worth noting.

And while his sin is of a low, disgusting nature that is fit to dishonor his name more than other sins (even if they might be greater), zinaa in and of itself doesn't take one out of the fold of Islam. So he's not a kaafir just for that. Nor does it invalidate prayers, he is still required to pray.
        والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Originally posted by ms.muslimah View Post
          Does he think what he is doing is permissible?
          No he admits what he is doing is wrong. He's not opposed to Shariah or anything. He just believes marriage is not for him.

I'm going to assume, he keeps repeating this sin, but repents at the same time.

Comment

No he admits what he is doing is wrong. He's not opposed to Shariah or anything. He just believes marriage is not for him.

Many times if somebody does admit something is wrong, but still does it, there is a deeper problem what is making him do this.

In my culture for example, when you want to marry a sister especially culture drive sisters so to say and not necessarily Islamic driven sisters which are in the minority :(. These culture driven sisters they ask like 300 gr - 500 gr of gold ..which is INSANE (12.000-15.000 euro's). Besides that if we look around us women more as men have been brainwashed in to thinking freedom means less clothes and whole feminism thing, while Islam already has given all the respect and dignity to a woman.

I would advice you to go alone with him somewhere and have some deep conversations.

If a person is a practicing Muslim about whole marriage thing he or she will remember what Rasullah(saws) has said. In case of the brothers to make Deen priority 1 and all the other factors (beauty, wealth, family status) become lesser priority in case of the women what i know till now (correct me if i am wrong) to search for a brother who follows Deen correctly and has a good character. Some know this, but don't understand this or are having inner struggle with their desires and to control them.
            "...Indeed, Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves..." Qur'an 13:11

Comment

"Nothing but incapability or sinfulness is preventing you from getting married!'”.

-Umar ibn Khattab (May Allah be pleased with him)

keep on advising him....
              Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children...

-Quran (57:20)

Comment

Then he is still a Muslim.

The best thing you can do is figure out why he thinks marriage isn't for him and convince him that it is.
                Narrated Anas:
                The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." [Bukhari]

Comment

If his prayers do not prevent him from zina then its as useless as a guy who fasts while swearing

Comment

He has problems with his Salaah,

Serious deffeiencies,

Allah عز و جل says Salaah protects one from Shameful deeds,

Surah Al-Ankaboot, Ayah 45:

اتْلُ مَا أُوحِيَ إِلَيْكَ مِنَ الْكِتَابِ وَأَقِمِ الصَّلَاةَ إِنَّ الصَّلَاةَ تَنْهَىٰ عَنِ الْفَحْشَاءِ وَالْمُنكَرِ وَلَذِكْرُ اللَّهِ أَكْبَرُ وَاللَّهُ يَعْلَمُ مَا تَصْنَعُونَ

"Recite (O Muhammad SAW) what has been revealed to you of the Book (the Quran), and perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat). Verily, As-Salat (the prayer) prevents from Al-Fahsha' (i.e. great sins of every kind, unlawful sexual intercourse, etc.) and Al-Munkar (i.e. disbelief, polytheism, and every kind of evil wicked deed, etc.) and the remembering (praising, etc.) of (you by) Allah (in front of the angels) is greater indeed [than your remembering (praising, etc.) Allah in prayers, etc.]. And Allah knows what you do."

نعوذ بالله من ذلك

He needs to Fear Allah عز و جل and cut of this filthy Haraam relationship and focus on fixing his Salaah, before it destroys him completely,
                    Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 24-01-17, 08:27 PM.
                    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

It is very common I think.

I have met many Muslims who commit pretty much every kind of sin from drinking, fornicating, very immodest dress, clubbing yet keep salah and are proud to be Muslim, yet somehow feel totally at ease with this apparent contradiction. I never understood that

Comment

Originally posted by Remember_Falasteen View Post

I have met many Muslims who commit pretty much every kind of sin from drinking, fornicating, very immodest dress, clubbing yet keep salah and are proud to be Muslim, yet somehow feel totally at ease with this apparent contradiction. I never understood that
                        They might appear as if they feel at ease but inside that might not be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Remember_Falasteen View Post

نعوذ بالله من ذلك
                          http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

He is doing a major sin , but he remains a Muslim.

Not praying salah is worse than adultery.

Comment

Naturally , no Muslim would think that it is allowed. Maybe he is doing because of Human weakness , he may be ashamed of that , but cannot help himself.

Needs to keep good company , and remind himself of the punishment for that in the hereafter , also that Allah swt can punish here as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X