Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Is 17 too young to get married?

Originally posted by Ella-Rose-Libya View Post
    Why do men so stupidly associate marriage with cooking and cleaning ?

YOU should build her a house, get cleaners, get a chef and do her manicure. Don't forget to massage her feet as well and prepare her milk and henna bath.

It's ridiculous. Cleaning? You should know how to clean whether you're married or not. The guy should clean just like she likes. The guy should also cook if she can't be asked to cook! That's if he wants it homemade. Or just get an egg sandwich and applie pie for Tescos I'm sure that'll fill you up.

For Allah's sake, please change those Dark age stereotypes of what women should do and be. Women should focus on the bed during marriage, and only the bed. Perhaps she will become a mother which, from my own experience, is possibly the most difficult responsibility in life!!! And yes, believe it or not, my husband does the cooking and cleaning. I do the reading books, drinking tea, feeding my baby and taking him out for walks. That's how we split our responsibilities.

How does your husband benefit from your reading books and drinking tea?

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
      How does your husband benefit from your reading books and drinking tea?
      Well if she's got tea in one hand and the book in the other she can't

Comment

Originally posted by AishaGirl View Post
        Salam alaikum. I was just wondering if you think 17 is too young to get married? Do you think a 17 year old would struggle with the the responsibilities of marriage or do you think it all comes down to the person?

If she marries an older man who is like 25+ that would be better because inshallah he should be able to provide and would have a career and is mature so can lead the marriage and his wife in the deen.

Or do you advise waiting until 20 years old or something?
        Perfect age to get married *

Comment

Originally posted by AishaGirl View Post
          Salam alaikum. I was just wondering if you think 17 is too young to get married? Do you think a 17 year old would struggle with the the responsibilities of marriage or do you think it all comes down to the person?

If she marries an older man who is like 25+ that would be better because inshallah he should be able to provide and would have a career and is mature so can lead the marriage and his wife in the deen.

Or do you advise waiting until 20 years old or something?
          :wswrwb:

Depends entirely on the girl. There are some cultures today where a girl would really be a woman and ready at say age 14, and there are others where she would still be a girl at age 25 and unready.

It all depends on the way she was raised, and how much responsibility she was raised to handle
          وَمَا قَدَرُوا اللَّهَ حَقَّ قَدْرِهِ وَالْأَرْضُ جَمِيعًا قَبْضَتُهُ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ وَالسَّمَاوَاتُ مَطْوِيَّاتٌ بِيَمِينِهِ ۚ سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ
          They have not appraised Allah with true appraisal, while the earth entirely will be [within] His grip on the Day of Resurrection, and the heavens will be folded in His right hand. Exalted is He and high above what they associate with Him. (Az-Zumar: 67)

Comment

Originally posted by aidaalej View Post
            Is this post a joke? I genuinely can't tell.
            Same, im confused as well tbh

Could someone really be this ignorant
            وَمَا قَدَرُوا اللَّهَ حَقَّ قَدْرِهِ وَالْأَرْضُ جَمِيعًا قَبْضَتُهُ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ وَالسَّمَاوَاتُ مَطْوِيَّاتٌ بِيَمِينِهِ ۚ سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ
            They have not appraised Allah with true appraisal, while the earth entirely will be [within] His grip on the Day of Resurrection, and the heavens will be folded in His right hand. Exalted is He and high above what they associate with Him. (Az-Zumar: 67)

Comment

Technically, she isn't saying anything wrong. Islamically, a woman's responsibility in marriage is to be a wife and mother. A husband is the provider, so that includes providing for food. Of course, these aren't acceptable culturally.

Comment

Originally posted by lonelyniqabi View Post
                Technically, she isn't saying anything wrong. Islamically, a woman's responsibility in marriage is to be a wife and mother. A husband is the provider, so that includes providing for food. Of course, these aren't acceptable culturally.
                That's no easy to be a pious wife or good strong mom at this age except for very good strong minded, gifted piousness &character .
                It's only good if the person is trying to stay away from Haram or intermix otherwise good girls keep to 20 atleast.Or above to be mature enough & find a suitable man

Btw,house chores & wife&mom are all mons responsibilities. The man can help but he's Not opted for these things.The guy has enough burden on himself of job etc.

Secondly,if you see what's going on,in our Ummah,thyen there are bad men who we'd young teens & then day dream about other women.

Seen 1 drooling openly on forums & on I guess just after his Nikah.

So if you're ready to go ahead with immature men or impious bcs piousness & maturity comes till 25&is side by side.

Studying some Islamic courses& doing basic faraaidh has nothing to do with Taqwa

Do istekhara & seek help of ALLAH

*may my enemies never benefit from me,ALLAH humma Aameen"*

Comment

Originally posted by lonelyniqabi View Post
                  I didn't say there was anything wrong with it Islamically, I just couldn't tell if she was being serious. I thought she might have been trolling.

The thing is if she is serious, I don't know why anyone would expect their husband to spend all day at work, come home and serve them. It's not very thoughtful and I feel that this is expecting a lot of someone. This post confused me because I thought others see it this way too.. But I mean, if he is okay with it then it's his choice.
                  "Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah. Therefore if the pains of this world tire you do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of duaa. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know; that verily Allah does not forget it."
                  - Ibn al Qayyim (rahimahullah)

Comment

I don't know about you, but drinking tea is a responsibility I take very seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
                      Women are not a breeding machine at your beck and call every time

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
                        Women are not a breeding machine at your beck and call every time

Comment

Working...
                        X