Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you marry one, who doesn't encourage you for proper Islamic covering?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Would you marry one, who doesn't encourage you for proper Islamic covering?

    Bismillah

    Salam alekum wa rahmatullah wa barakeetuh,

    Would you marry a brother, who is praying, implementing a lots of Sunnahs in every aspect of life, reading Quran daily, going halaqas, gives charity, has house and money, BUT does't encourage/want his wife to cover properly?

    Would you marry a sister, who is praying, reading Quran daily, attending islamic classes, doing a lots of Sunnahs during the day, BUT doesn't encourage/want her husband to cover properly?

  • #2
    Re: Would you marry one, who doesn't encourage you for proper Islamic covering?

    Its not possible. He will atleast say it sometimes. Some are forceful and some are relaxed. But practicing people, by and large want their spouses to cover.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Would you marry one, who doesn't encourage you for proper Islamic covering?

      :wswrwb:

      What's the husband wearing that he doesn't cover properly?
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

      "A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Would you marry one, who doesn't encourage you for proper Islamic covering?

        Originally posted by uccello verde View Post
        Bismillah

        Salam alekum wa rahmatullah wa barakeetuh,

        Would you marry a brother, who is praying, implementing a lots of Sunnahs in every aspect of life, reading Quran daily, going halaqas, gives charity, has house and money, BUT does't encourage/want his wife to cover properly?

        Would you marry a sister, who is praying, reading Quran daily, attending islamic classes, doing a lots of Sunnahs during the day, BUT doesn't encourage/want her husband to cover properly?
        :wswrwb:

        sounds contradictory tbh, not saying such a man wouldn't exist but if he is into sunnah, halaqahs and stuff- even for pretense, he would want a hijabi wife at the least (hijab not necessarily accompanied by abayah)
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Would you marry one, who doesn't encourage you for proper Islamic covering?

          I don't know what your definition of covering is, do you mean Niqab? Or dress up modestly...

          A truly practicing man at heart... will feel uncomfortable if his wife doesn't dress up properly, and while he may not force her and only advise (depending on his personality), I don't think he'll sit and watch her in leggings or tight jumper walking down the street!

          If my future proposal is that sort of guy who wears tight trousers and tight tops, he's getting no where! I hate that look, I don't find it attractive, and it is just not for me!
          Last edited by malleat1; 22-01-17, 11:03 PM.
          *
          *
          * typing from my phone, excuse the mess

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Would you marry one, who doesn't encourage you for proper Islamic covering?

            Originally posted by savo234 View Post
            Its not possible. He will atleast say it sometimes. Some are forceful and some are relaxed. But practicing people, by and large want their spouses to cover.
            Alhamdulillah, that is normally the way, but I have heard cases like this. Makes you wonder...

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Would you marry one, who doesn't encourage you for proper Islamic covering?

              Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
              :wswrwb:

              What's the husband wearing that he doesn't cover properly?
              Maybe skinny jeans.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Would you marry one, who doesn't encourage you for proper Islamic covering?

                Originally posted by .Hajar. View Post
                :wswrwb:

                sounds contradictory tbh, not saying such a man wouldn't exist but if he is into sunnah, halaqahs and stuff- even for pretense, he would want a hijabi wife at the least (hijab not necessarily accompanied by abayah)
                True, It is a big wonder, but I have heard cases like this.
                Some say, as there is so much hate and intolerance against us Muslims, that we shouldn't go full extent to covering, Astaghfirullah.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Would you marry one, who doesn't encourage you for proper Islamic covering?

                  Originally posted by malleat1 View Post
                  I don't know what your definition of covering is, do you mean Niqab? Or dress up modestly...

                  A truly practicing man at heart... will feel uncomfortable if his wife doesn't dress up properly, and while he may not force her and only advise (depending on his personality), I don't think he'll sit and watch her in leggings or tight jumper walking down the street!

                  If my future proposal is that sort of guy who wears tight trousers and tight tops, he's getting no where! I hate that look, I don't find it attractive, and it is just not for me!
                  Alhamdulillah, I agreed with you.
                  There are some people, who says, due to increased intolerance and hate towards us Muslims, we shouldn't be covering fully extent, Subhan'Allah.

                  For me fully covering is overheadjibab, niqab and gloves.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Would you marry one, who doesn't encourage you for proper Islamic covering?

                    You mention full covering as niqab and gloves, but there is ikhtilaf on this and it could simply be he doesn't regard it to fard.

                    If so then it's understandable he would simply leave it to the wife. If she wants to wear it then she wears it. If she doesn't want to wear it then she doesn't wear it.

                    For example this sort of discussion will likely have come up before marriage and the girl asks "do you want your wife to wear niqab?" and he answers "I don't regard it to be fard so it's your choice whether you want to wear it or not".

                    I don't see this as a basis to make assumptions about the man's religiosity.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Would you marry one, who doesn't encourage you for proper Islamic covering?

                      Originally posted by Khalid b. Walid View Post
                      You mention full covering as niqab and gloves, but there is ikhtilaf on this and it could simply be he doesn't regard it to fard.

                      If so then it's understandable he would simply leave it to the wife. If she wants to wear it then she wears it. If she doesn't want to wear it then she doesn't wear it.

                      For example this sort of discussion will likely have come up before marriage and the girl asks "do you want your wife to wear niqab?" and he answers "I don't regard it to be fard so it's your choice whether you want to wear it or not".

                      I don't see this as a basis to make assumptions about the man's religiosity.
                      My answer to covering was for sister's question and my personal liking.

                      In my opening questions, I didn't state the level of covering due to peoples different taking on hijab.
                      We all know, that we should cover, but which extent difference from person to person.
                      If, you read, what I wrote previous post. There are some people, who are now discouraging covering, due to hatred and intolerance towards us Muslims.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Would you marry one, who doesn't encourage you for proper Islamic covering?

                        Originally posted by uccello verde View Post
                        Bismillah

                        Salam alekum wa rahmatullah wa barakeetuh,

                        Would you marry a brother, who is praying, implementing a lots of Sunnahs in every aspect of life, reading Quran daily, going halaqas, gives charity, has house and money, BUT does't encourage/want his wife to cover properly?

                        Would you marry a sister, who is praying, reading Quran daily, attending islamic classes, doing a lots of Sunnahs during the day, BUT doesn't encourage/want her husband to cover properly?
                        Do you mean he is lenient in telling her but it is something he would want, or he actually is not bothered if she covers or even worse does he not want her to cover?
                        FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

                        www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Would you marry one, who doesn't encourage you for proper Islamic covering?

                          Originally posted by Gingerbeardman View Post
                          Do you mean he is lenient in telling her but it is something he would want, or he actually is not bothered if she covers or even worse does he not want her to cover?
                          More in terms not bothering if she covers or not.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Would you marry one, who doesn't encourage you for proper Islamic covering?

                            Originally posted by uccello verde View Post
                            More in terms not bothering if she covers or not.
                            Then he's a dayuth, a terrible man and not worthy of marrying a sister who is even attempting to practice or wishes to do so in the future.
                            FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

                            www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Would you marry one, who doesn't encourage you for proper Islamic covering?

                              Originally posted by uccello verde View Post
                              Bismillah

                              Salam alekum wa rahmatullah wa barakeetuh,

                              Would you marry a brother, who is praying, implementing a lots of Sunnahs in every aspect of life, reading Quran daily, going halaqas, gives charity, has house and money, BUT does't encourage/want his wife to cover properly?

                              Would you marry a sister, who is praying, reading Quran daily, attending islamic classes, doing a lots of Sunnahs during the day, BUT doesn't encourage/want her husband to cover properly?
                              this doesn't quite make sense, He prays Salaah and practices lots of Sunnah, but ignores a basic fardh?

                              something seriously wrong here, he has Dayyuth tendencies,
                              http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

                              "It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

                              – Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X