Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Is this kind of sister a problem

Originally posted by So-confused View Post
    I don't understand brothers who wish to marry these feminists in the west. There is absolutely no benefit.

No matter how "practicing" you think she is, just know she was born and lived here throughout her whole life. Can one go swimming and expect not to get wet? Of course not.

These women who may look religious from the outside are still mentally western. Do I blame them? No. It's their parents fault.
    So if we are born and live here our whole life, it automatically makes us less practicing? The analogy doesn't make sense as one can practice Islam as freely in the west, depending on the individual.

What is mentally western?

What do you class as a feminist? And are you saying all/the majority of females in the west are 'feminists'. What do you blame our parents for?4

I am guessing you're not born in the west, as by default you must be 'mentally western' brother. you can happily marry someone from any country but don't falsely tarnish our reputation, all western sisters aren't evil, and all back home sisters aren't perfect..
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
    [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Originally posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
      We don't 'all do housework', what kind of homes are you lot from where everyone does housework lol
      For example in our house of 5, my brothers don't lift a finger. If I don't clean, nothing gets cleaned. The stress is real when I get ill and can't do it :rotfl:

Anyway from what I have seen:

Some may be trying to take care of the family

Some may be using their time to try and benefit themselves deen wise at home

Some may be going through some hardship

In all cases I think these sisters make perfectly good wives and mothers but some families see them as dumb, uneducated, lazy, no ambitions etc. I mean what if their ambition is just to be good mothers and raise good kids?
      In some countries these are the type of women you always hear families saying they want for their sons but in the west it's a different story.
      I wouldn't mind if it was for those reasons as long as she helps out at home. I would actually prefer a wife who just wanted to be a good mother and raise good kids. I wouldn't see this type of woman as uneducated or lazy

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
        Couldn't tell you for sure, since I don't live there. But from what I've seen the general populace isn't all that interested in living by Islam.
        [MENTION=128304]Spicen[/MENTION] or [MENTION=136016]bhshawon[/MENTION] could tell you more, probably.
        The political, cultural and media establishments are very secular and regard even the discussion of islam in politics as "pro-pakistani". Saying that the general populace is not interested in islam is untrue.

Comment

Working...
        X