Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you marry a spouse who doesn't speak well language you two have common?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Would you marry a spouse who doesn't speak well language you two have common?

Originally posted by Deeni Akh View Post
    If the language barrier is too big, the wife can just point at the husband's wallet if she needs money and the husband can point at his stomach if he needs food.

Simple.
    Surely, one point, one of them would want to learn common language. Or it's doomed to fail.
    Originally posted by Rifqah View Post
    What about if it's not a language difference but a regional dialect or cultural liek som of dem mid buk yardi speak to soun really raatiin! When they grew up next door to you so you know they don't really speak this way innt.
    Lol, I have heard stories like, that. They need a local dictonary,as a wedding gift.
    Originally posted by Strivingbro View Post
    Depends what the language is

If its a language I am trying to learn anyway i.e arabic, then it will only force me to learn that language quicker
    Yes, it can be good motivator.
    Originally posted by HelloEverybody View Post
    Walaikum Assalaam

I would be very happy to marry, even if I have weaker language than her. I doubt it would take long time to be sharpened up into same level, but unlikely I will ever understand all the cultural references she might know.
    Alhamdulillah, if you live in her country, then cultural references will come familiar too.

Comment

Re: Would you marry a spouse who doesn't speak well language you two have common?

i think it's great if there's at least one language you can speak that your spouse can't
      i've been thinking about this lol, you can say stuff in that language when you are angry and they won't understand. You get your frustrations out and no one gets hurt :rotfl:
      شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
      فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
      وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
      ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

:wswrwb:

Not really, no. How would I express my feelings/thoughts? He might just sit there with a question mark on his head
        ~‘And He will provide him from (sources) he could never imagine. And whoever puts their trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Indeed, Allah has set a measure for all things.’~ - سورة الطلاق : 3

Comment

She wouldn't be first pick most likely
          [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
          [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
            i think it's great if there's at least one language you can speak that your spouse can't
            i've been thinking about this lol, you can say stuff in that language when you are angry and they won't understand. You get your frustrations out and no one gets hurt :rotfl:
            Lol, that is good point. Just have to keep facial expressions in bay. Otherwise he may suspect something.

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimah1436 View Post
              :wswrwb:

Not really, no. How would I express my feelings/thoughts? He might just sit there with a question mark on his head
              That can be also big issue...

Comment

Working...
              X