Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you marry a spouse who doesn't speak well language you two have common?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you marry a spouse who doesn't speak well language you two have common?

Bismillah
    :salams

Would you be happy to marry a spouse, whose ability to speak common language between you two isn't as good as yours?
    Last edited by uccello verde; 30-12-16, 11:28 AM.

Re: Would you marry a spouse who doesn't speak well language you two have common?

:wswrwb:

Question I had when looking for marriage, and a a couple of families wanting to take me 'back home' to find a wife from pakistan and ended up saying no, as this was an issue for me.

Not saying it cannot work, it can. But at that time, being young and not knowing much about islam seemed crazy adding another pressure on the marriage, and not being able to fully understand each other is not at all helpful in making the marriage work.

I knew too many brothers who took the 'back home' root and the cultural and language barriers meant they live with their wives, have children with them, eat with them, but to me they just seem to lack that close bond that two spouses should have. It's like they wanted and got a chappati and baby making machine.
    FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

Re: Would you marry a spouse who doesn't speak well language you two have common?

No issue insha'Allah.

Comment

I wouldn't do that.

Comment

If she understands the language of love, it's all gud.

Comment

Originally posted by uccello verde View Post
            Bismillah
            :salams

Would you be happy to marry a spouse, whose ability to speak common language between you two isn't as good as yours?
            I actually know a Moroccan woman who married a Mexican man (made him become Muslim of course first) and their English is okay (both are not too proficient). They have a language barrier, however they have a family and they're still together as far as I know (they've been married for over 15 years at least). So it can actually work out.

Comment

Originally posted by aabdall_25 View Post
              If she understands the language of love, it's all gud.
              Can't decide if that's cheesy or creepy... maybe it's both.
              FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

hmmm nah, not feeling it :1popcorn: has to know Sylheti/Dhakayia

cos Bengali banter is on another whole level, it's more fun than English

'when did the chicken cross the road?' I AIN'T LAUGHING

the mango jokes, and the dude aka milk jokes :rotfl: I love it but has to be BIRITSH COS I AM BRITISH BLUD :mujahida: home grown potatoes :
                'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

[MENTION=100194]Ya'sin[/MENTION]

Yikes Mrs Alom
                  إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Comment

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post

Yikes Mrs Alom
                    who's that? or is that an alom joke?
                    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Comment

Wa Alaykumussalam
                        Communication is important in a marriage, and the only language I can both speak and understsnd fully is English (I understsmd Gujarati and some of hindi/basic urdu), so they would need to be able to speak English, somewhat. They don't have to be an expert at it, but atleast be able to understand and speak it. Otherwise how would we communicate? I think it would be difficult, If they can speak it but not as well as me that's totally fine, but if they can't speak it at all/minimally, it would make things difficult, unless one of us were happy to learn a common language :)
                        Last edited by Creamcake; 30-12-16, 01:41 PM.
                        And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                        [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
                          Hahah wth ??!

Comment

[MENTION=110056]Umm Uthmaan[/MENTION]

Loooolz

I'm so not funnay

Comment

[MENTION=71631]iRepIslam[/MENTION] what are u doing using that smiley :D?

Comment

Working...
                              X