If a potential tells you that....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If a potential tells you that....

If a potential tells you that you should wait a year before marriage/nikkah/engagement/whatever formality that means marriage, because his brother just got married and in his culture it's considered odd if two brothers get married in the same period.... is it normal?

I am :scratch:

Re: If a potential tells you that....

what culture is that?

Comment

Sounds like superstition.

Comment

That's too unnecessarily long.
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

No, that doesn't sound normal.
          Narrated Anas:
          The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." [Bukhari]

Comment

Not normal but not unheard of....
            stoopid traditions and all

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
              That's too unnecessarily long.
              just imagine the youngest brother of 10 siblings, must be crying inside.

Comment

Yeah what culture is that?
                Allah gave us two ears and one mouth, so we can listen more and talk less.

Comment

unheard of tradition. But if it's really exist it's stupid. I 'd fear much that my potential may have the mentality that allows some silly traditions to control our future life.

I said some because I'm not against traditions altogether. some are respectful and good but some are just garbage. We don't need them as Muslims.
                  How merciful Allah on me by giving me respite,and I persist in my sins and Allah shields me :crying2:

Comment

You learn something new everyday..:rugby::apathy:
                    :salams

Comment

run a 1000 miles. The whole thing is bogus, no male/female will hold on to any flimsy traditions above the opposite gender they like/lust/love, even monks, priests and imam's can't control their piety in the face of this onslaught, and you want to tell me some new age miscreant domesticated male with juvenile physiognomy is holding onto some folklore custom above his desires?

Looks like a typical womanish type of rejection at play here from from an effeminate male, the epitome of our debased status and an powerful avatar of our generational decline

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitive10 View Post
                        run a 1000 miles. The whole thing is bogus, no male/female will hold on to any flimsy traditions above the opposite gender they like/lust/love, even monks, priests and imam's can't control their piety in the face of this onslaught, and you want to tell me some new age miscreant domesticated male with juvenile physiognomy is holding onto some folklore custom above his desires?

Looks like a typical womanish type of rejection at play here from from an effeminate male, the epitome of our debased status and an powerful avatar of our generational decline
                        Lol.

This post is full of crap.

Comment

Bismillah
                          Subhana'allah, never heard that before. Normally, guys are very eager and frustrated to get things done and dusted.
                          I'm not sure if I would wait some one year. And especially due to some traditions.
                          Sea is full of fish.

Comment

AsSalaamu Alaikum.

This is your opportunity to ask yourself a very important question.

As this man is controlled by his traditions and gives his culture power over him, how much of his traditions are you willing to live the rest of your life by. Not just yourself, you have to make a just decision for any future children.

What is the mentality of this man. Does he seem the type who would say, 'how can you do that, what will the neighbours think'.

If he' s just doing it so that he can keep his family happy for now but doesn't agree with it at all, please reserve the limits of Halaal. The barakah of Allah is in the Halaal and His destruction is in the Haraam.

Comment

That's weird

Comment

Working...
                              X