Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is Sillyness an Attractive Trait?

Originally posted by Khalid b. Walid View Post
    Some men don't know how to deal with playfulness though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swjZHkW7v5Y
    Didn't watch the video but after reading the comments, I would've threw my plate at the guy if I was at the wedding.
    Last edited by Deeni Akh; 17-10-16, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deeni Akh View Post
      Didn't watch the video but rafter reading the comments, I would've threw my plate at the guy if I was at the wedding.
      :up:legend!

Comment

Originally posted by Amaana View Post
        You're right sister. I would have excused myself then burst into tears!

That would have been the last time he saw me. 0 tolerance for that stuff.

Who ever thinks what he done was really minor probably grew up seeing abuse. Whether that be mental,physical or emotional. They clearly have become desensitised to it.
        Sis, maybe men aren't as sensitive to these things? Like they don't see it as a big deal? Because I am like you, I would've just hid my face and went to the bathroom and cry till dawn. It's so humiliating to try to be happy and try to be playful with your husband hoping he will smile, but then he does this to you, you kind of feel like a failure and a fool. I think the husband thought she was making him out to be a fool (by the way he got very defensive), but it was clear she was just being playful, nothing malicious. Either way, I can never be with a man like that, ever, he's just too mean I don't care what the reason is, unless the woman is being crazy or abusive, I don't see why a man should be this mean and that's just my threshold, but then again, I don't know what trial Allah SWT holds for me so alhamdulillah for everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah5 View Post
          Sis, maybe men aren't as sensitive to these things? Like they don't see it as a big deal? Because I am like you, I would've just hid my face and went to the bathroom and cry till dawn. It's so humiliating to try to be happy and try to be playful with your husband hoping he will smile, but then he does this to you, you kind of feel like a failure and a fool. I think the husband thought she was making him out to be a fool (by the way he got very defensive), but it was clear she was just being playful, nothing malicious. Either way, I can never be with a man like that, ever, he's just too mean I don't care what the reason is, unless the woman is being crazy or abusive, I don't see why a man should be this mean and that's just my threshold, but then again, I don't know what trial Allah SWT holds for me so alhamdulillah for everything.
          I get you sis. But it ain't the woman's duty to put up with this kind of crap. His parents should have taught him about kindness and patience and how violence is not acceptable. It ain't my responsibility, a woman don't leave her family and everything she knows to the hands of a man like this.

No thank you. I'd be back to my box room in my parents house in a flash, where I'll be waiting for a real man. Ain't nobody got time to be playing 'try to change the psycho'

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
            Interesting. Very interesting.
            lol u do exactly the same and chuckle to urself link

dont pretend
            ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
            "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
            :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

[MENTION=134006]ashmeo[/MENTION] shared that clip somewhere

it's meant to be a funny video which is pathetic because it's not, if she is being playful with him like that she was probably expecting to him to be 'playful' back, are they muslims? They probably know each other well enough but she obviously didn't expect him to react like that

this video shouldn't be shared to make a point
              'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Sense of humor is good. Everyone needs to lighten up once in a while. But I don't like people who play pranks on others at inappropriate times.

Comment

Too much of most things are bad. Including seriousness and silliness. But I'd prefer a wife whose more on the soft side.

Comment

Originally posted by lonelyniqabi View Post
                    Sense of humor is good. Everyone needs to lighten up once in a while. But I don't like people who play pranks on others at inappropriate times.
                    Oh my goodness, did I neg you? If I did, I'm so sorry, it was meant to be a rep but my computer froze and I started clicking everywhere

Comment

• Re: Is Sillyness an Attractive Trait?

Originally posted by Sarah5 View Post
                      In my opinion, immaturity means they will not accept responsibility or they will not hold themselves accountable for anything like children (hence the term immaturity). The silliness I'm referring to is a type of humor if you will, were there is a light-hearted joking and sarcastic banter. However, I respect that you view it as a type of immaturity, I understand humor is subjective and what someone finds amusing, others can find annoying.

:jkk:
                      That's one form, another is to constantly clown around and joke around,
                      http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

• Re: Is Sillyness an Attractive Trait?

Sometimes being silly is FUN

Comment

Working...
                        X