Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Sillyness an Attractive Trait?

Assalamu 'alaykum

I guess this question is geared more towards brothers, but sisters are welcome to give their input as it would be interesting to see a contrast (if there is one).

What I mean by sillyness is just plain sillyness. Silly jokes and just laughing at small things. Is it viewed as a positive or happy-go-lucky attitude or is it seen as childish and immature?

Or is the more mellow and 'cool' attitude more desired in a wife?

Of course, I don't mean it at all times, I mean being silly at times and then being serious when needed (so responsibilities are met and all that).

Re: Is Sillyness an Attractive Trait?

Reminds me of this girl I met in class. She has that laugh and laughs over the smallest things....

But she's the same person who laughs so hard when I crack a lame joke or two.

I dont know.

I'd choose the betweenie ones I guess haha

Comment

Originally posted by nudgetheputri View Post
      Reminds me of this girl I met in class. She has that laugh and laughs over the smallest things....

But she's the same person who laughs so hard when I crack a lame joke or two.

I dont know.

I'd choose the betweenie ones I guess haha
      Oh I didn't mean literally laugh, maybe a chuckle or I guess finding a particular thing amusing.

Yeah, I can see how laughing over EVERYTHING can be quite irritating.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah5 View Post
        Oh I didn't mean literally laugh, maybe a chuckle or I guess finding a particular thing amusing.

Yeah, I can see how laughing over EVERYTHING can be quite irritating.
        Lol oh riiight. I get you.

Um yea silly people are nice to be around!

Comment

و عليكم السلام والرحمة الله وبركاته

Yes of course. It can be charming. Obviously she should know when to be serious though. But a degree of silliness is excellent. Nobody should be consistently serious as that is just boring.

We need to be a paradocks. Ahahahaha

Comment

Assalamu 'alaykum

I guess this question is geared more towards brothers, but sisters are welcome to give their input as it would be interesting to see a contrast (if there is one).

What I mean by sillyness is just plain sillyness. Silly jokes and just laughing at small things. Is it viewed as a positive or happy-go-lucky attitude or is it seen as childish and immature?

Of course, I don't mean it at all times, I mean being silly at times and then being serious when needed (so responsibilities are met and all that).
            salaams to all

this is not a one size fits all kind of thing.

it would depend on the people around the person:
            their spouse, children, parents, siblings, friends etc

how do they feel about it.

someone might prefer a wife thats serious all the time
            some might prefer one who remains in a good mood most of the time & is always makings jokes-even silly ones.

personally, id like a wife who is serious when she needs to be & can also be silly & childish when its appropriate to be so.

and Allah ta'ala knows best
            jazakallah
            Sufyaan Thawri "Whoever is very popular with his relations and neighbours, we suspect him to be compromising in preaching the true teachings of religion."
            very good site for English bayaans in MP3 format-check it out- u wont be disappointed: http://www.musjidnoor.za.net/index.html & http://alhaadi.org.za/majlis-program...downloads.html

Comment

:wswrwb:

Yes of course.

Comment

Originally posted by msmoorad View Post
                salaams to all

this is not a one size fits all kind of thing.

it would depend on the people around the person:
                their spouse, children, parents, siblings, friends etc

how do they feel about it.

someone might prefer a wife thats serious all the time
                some might prefer one who remains in a good mood most of the time & is always makings jokes-even silly ones.

personally, id like a wife who is serious when she needs to be & can also be silly & childish when its appropriate to be so.

and Allah ta'ala knows best
                jazakallah
                welcome back brother, but it really annoys me that u always start ur posts with salams to all, just write salamu alaykum. thanks

Comment

Is Sillyness an Attractive Trait?

:wswrwb:

Yes.

Comment

There should be a balance.....you don't want to be upset over a family matter and then find your husband is out climbing a tree .......
                    Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Assalamu 'alaykum

I prefer mellow people. Silly laughing, giggling, over exaggerated gestures, hugging, etc is highly annoying.

Being serious doesn't mean a person is boring -_-

Comment

Originally posted by shay5 View Post
                        There should be a balance.....you don't want to be upset over a family matter and then find your husband is out climbing a tree .......
                        He's putting the fun in funeral.
                        And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah
                        http://www.ummzakiyyah.com/polygamy_not_my_problem/

Comment

What you find cute during the first few years (due to lust) may become annoying after the 7th year of marriage......a lot of people say this....

Comment

Originally posted by shay5 View Post
                            What you find cute during the first few years (due to lust) may become annoying after the 7th year of marriage......a lot of people say this....
                            Yeah but a boring spouse will be boring forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                              Yeah but a boring spouse will be boring forever.
                              I don't care if he is boring......as long as he enjoys my silliness ....

Comment

Working...
                              X