Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were you the same before and after marriage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were you the same before and after marriage?

:salams

Did you change or were you the same?

Someone once said to me try your hardest to become the best person you can be to your family cos how you are in family is how you will be with your next family.

It always stuck in me cos there was a time I used to play any sadness or heartache off and say but yeh it won't be like this with my husband :inlove:

But now I'm thinking - u will always feel the same

But I dno - that's why I need you married peeps advice

All my married friends are like you have one set of problems when you're single, when you get married it's just a new set of problems but that feeling of not enough is still there

I think I was stupid and used to see marriage as an end goal and after that it would auto be 2 ppl caring for each other that would make it all ok but now I think that's wrong...
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Re: Were you the same before and after marriage?

Walaikum assalam

Depends what kind of life partner you get. It all comes down to understanding each other. Marriage is just another gamble.
    الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post

Someone once said to me try your hardest to become the best person you can be to your family cos how you are in family is how you will be with your next family.

It always stuck in me cos there was a time I used to play any sadness or heartache off and say but yeh it won't be like this with my husband :inlove:

All my married friends are like you have one set of problems when you're single, when you get married it's just a new set of problems but that feeling of not enough is still there

I think I was stupid and used to see marriage as an end goal and after that it would auto be 2 ppl caring for each other that would make it all ok but now I think that's wrong...
      :wswrwb:

How do you manage to keep thinking so many wrong things, sister?

Comment

I'm not married, but I guess you'll still be u unless u suddenly change behaviour/personality

Comment

The arguments you would have with your parents will be like those with your husband. The fights with your siblings will be like those with your children. There really is no escape from such hardships, life is a test. I don't blame you for thinking this, in fact, the large majority of girls think like this. In reality, married life is not a fairytale. I can't speak from experience but from observation.

Comment

Marriage isn't a fairytale. It comes with its own set of challenges. I'm not married but you don't have to be to know this. Just look at the married folks around you. They hace challenges they are facing which only married people face.

Comment

Good question. Can you truly be yourself after marriage? Or do you always have to be what your spouse expect you to be?

Comment

Yes.
                You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

i am sorry for my previous post on this thread if it offended you.

Answer to this question is 'yes' i am the same after marriage. Spouses don't change their nature after marriage, in my opinion no one can change one's nature ever.

But spouses bring some changes in themselves and in eacother like their habits, likings or dislikings etc. i can't generalize it for all but can give you examples from my own life.

i didn't love to eat Bhindi (ladyfinger) before marriage but she likes to eat them. So, i started eating them with her, after sometime taste developed. She also tried different recipes and now she makes it perfectly the way i love to eat.

i hardly ever walked to enjoy before marriage but when i came to know that she likes to walk in moonlight along with me, i started doing it with her.

i was short-tempered before marriage, but now i have better control over my anger and she has helped me alot in doing so.

These are only few examples which can be counted as the changes after marriage but if you see overall then our personalities remained same... we do respect and care for our parents, our siblings the same way we used to do before marriage. In the very beginning of our marriage we both agreed on this concept "new relations are made to make old relations stronger and not to make them weaker."

i am still sorry if my answer is not helpful to what you were asking for.

i am sorry to myself too because i didn't share my personal info on public forum before...

Comment

The line in bold really spoke to me so I drew up a graph of my feelings:Click image for larger version

Name:	Thoughts.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	10764289
                    And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah
                    http://www.ummzakiyyah.com/polygamy_not_my_problem/

Comment

i have changed drastically, however my humour is still childish

Comment

Originally posted by EenieMeanie View Post

The line in bold really spoke to me so I drew up a graph of my feelings:Click image for larger version

Name:	Thoughts.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	10764289
                        That is deep.
                        You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid b. Walid View Post
                          Marriage isn't a fairytale. It comes with its own set of challenges. I'm not married but you don't have to be to know this. Just look at the married folks around you. They hace challenges they are facing which only married people face.
                          Yeh I can't think of anyone that is happy apart from one cpuple

cos I think a lot of people entered marriage focusing on each other and getting love of each other but when 2 humans are like that it's like a magnet with north and north coming together together together and then when u get too close it's just one big explosion to push u apart cos u realise they're nothing

but if both enter marriage knowing that neither of them will make each other 'content' or 'happy' and knowing all goodness and contentment of the heart lies with Allah swt then the energies are focused in the right direction. Pleasing Him will mean your spouse is auto pleased. As long as u keep your love for Him above all else.

Originally posted by lonelyniqabi View Post
                          Good question. Can you truly be yourself after marriage? Or do you always have to be what your spouse expect you to be?
                          I could not ever be anything other than myself cos I would just die

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
                          Yes.
                          You got married?
                          Originally posted by Theistic View Post

i am sorry for my previous post on this thread if it offended you.

Answer to this question is 'yes' i am the same after marriage. Spouses don't change their nature after marriage, in my opinion no one can change one's nature ever.

But spouses bring some changes in themselves and in eacother like their habits, likings or dislikings etc. i can't generalize it for all but can give you examples from my own life.

i didn't love to eat Bhindi (ladyfinger) before marriage but she likes to eat them. So, i started eating them with her, after sometime taste developed. She also tried different recipes and now she makes it perfectly the way i love to eat.

i hardly ever walked to enjoy before marriage but when i came to know that she likes to walk in moonlight along with me, i started doing it with her.

i was short-tempered before marriage, but now i have better control over my anger and she has helped me alot in doing so.

These are only few examples which can be counted as the changes after marriage but if you see overall then our personalities remained same... we do respect and care for our parents, our siblings the same way we used to do before marriage. In the very beginning of our marriage we both agreed on this concept "new relations are made to make old relations stronger and not to make them weaker."

i am still sorry if my answer is not helpful to what you were asking for.

i am sorry to myself too because i didn't share my personal info on public forum before...
                          Hmm interesting and nah I wasn't offended lol :jkk:

I was just wondering ....

Originally posted by EenieMeanie View Post
                          The line in bold really spoke to me so I drew up a graph of my feelings:[ATTACH=CONFIG]85792[/ATTACH]
                          Lolll I remba exam days. Those were the days my husb was gonna save me and I'd write in my little lame husband diary the most loll :vomit:
                          ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
                          "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
                          :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
                            Yes.

Comment

Only one way to find out...
                              Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                              - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Working...
                              X