Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Islam Q&A – Does a husband have to be patient with his wife all the time?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Islam Q&A – Does a husband have to be patient with his wife all the time?

https://gingerbeardmansite.wordpress...t-divorce-her/

This is a summary of the response given by Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Jibreen, may Allaah preserve him.

It is permissible for a husband to divorce his wife so long as there is a shar’i reason for doing so, such as a lack of religious commitment, a bad attitude, lack of chastity, negligence, etc., even if she is not a kaafir. But if she is a righteous believer, let him keep her, even if he dislikes some of her characteristics, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said. It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Let not a believing man hate a believing woman. If he dislikes one of her attributes, he will be pleased with another.” (Narrated by Muslim from Abu Hurayrah, 1469).
    Full fatwah from Islam Q&A given in the link top of the post,

but I've quoted this particular part, a quote from ibn Jibreen (Rahimahullah) as it stresses on the need for the man to be patient and not divorce his wife without a shar'i cause, when we are used to hearing this said to women but almost never to men.
    FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Re: Islam Q&A – Does a husband have to be patient with his wife all the time?

Originally posted by Gingerbeardman View Post
    https://gingerbeardmansite.wordpress...t-divorce-her/

Full fatwah from Islam Q&A given in the link top of the post,

but I've quoted this particular part, a quote from ibn Jibreen (Rahimahullah) as it stresses on the need for the man to be patient and not divorce his wife without a shar'i cause, when we are used to hearing this said to women but almost never to men.
    This reminds me of what Umar :RA: said...

Umar :RA: said to a man who was thinking of divorcing his wife:

“Why do you want to divorce her?” He said, “ I do not love her.” ‘Umar said,

“Must every house be built on love? What about loyalty and appreciation?

سبحان الله

:jkk:
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Alhamdulillah, good reminder.

My question is, what kind of behavior should a man be patient with, and what behavior should he not tolerate? Where is the line drawn, if any? Or should any bad behavior be tolerated so long as she is a righteous woman?

Comment

If we further read perhaps not this fatwa but another from islamqa the story of zakaria as and his wife where she had 2 bad quality in her and he remained patient with her and relied on allah one was she had a bad tongue 2 she was barren at their old age allah cired her from both and she became fully good

Now if allah can test not just a prophet as with bad wife but many then surely we too will be tested especially in a time of today were bad people are in majority unfortunately

Comment

Working...
        X