Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Complicated communication between spouses

Originally posted by Miss Foxxy View Post
    It’s amazing how complicated communicating with each other can become! Rather than talking WITH each other, they resort to talking AT each other —spitting out facts rather than connecting in their relationship.... And then when you realize the disconnection going on between you and your husband and you try to dialogue with him —nothing! Something you say flies right over his head, or it obviously doesn’t hold the same meaning for him as it does for you because of his reaction (or lack there-of). And then things become even more complicated in your relationship!

So, how do we “de-code” this mysterious difference in our communication styles? How much should a husband and wife discuss their needs? What they expect from each other? Is there a limit to it? What if a man is too shy to discuss and this ends up making his woman feel unwanted?
    It takes a few years at least to understand the dynamics of effective communication.

Define 'shy' - I have yet to know a man who is shy of expressing himself. I think the patriarchal culture I am from, the men's voices are always heard (loudly enough).

Comment

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said. I'm not sure you realize what you heard is not what I meant"
      At this point, make no assumptions and check to be sure they heard what you said.
      Wife to desist communicating in sign language, esp when her husband's eyes are half closed?

Might help. :]

(Sorry, I know, serious business. Ignore.)
      LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
      -------------------------------
      "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
      NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

...So, how do we “de-code” this mysterious difference in our communication styles?...
        Tell me what he said or done. I'll have crack at decoding it for you.

Comment

The theoretical research and application behind this is phenomenal and mind blowing, and if couples can spend a little times understanding how their partner thinks and what it takes for them to felt understood, it can take relationships to a very deep level.

Comment

Working...
          X