Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you marry someone who prays five times a day all the time or someone who tries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~TwinklingStar~
    replied
    Re: Would you marry someone who prays five times a day all the time or someone who tr

Rasoolullah :saw: instructed us to order our children to pray when they turn seven years of age and to beat them if they do not pray at ten. This just shows the severity of missing salah in the Shariah.

There's no excuse at all for missing prayers - if one is unable to stand and pray, he must sit & offer prayers. If he's unable to sit, he must lay down & pray. If he still cannot pray, he must offer salaah with actions. But salaah cannot ever, ever,ever be missed - be it during travel, war or sickness.

So, a person who is lax about such an important pillar of our deen should be rejected straightaway. Let the person fix themself up before looking for a spouse.

Leave a comment:

• Winter
    replied
    Re: Would you marry someone who prays five times a day all the time or someone who tr

:salams

I'd assume every Muslim before looking for marriage at least is doing the minimum of what Islam asks for, which includes salat. In today's time many people speak about how they aren't ready for marriage, because their still working on a degree, they want to get a better job or promotion, they want to own a house, open a business, etc. yet it's hard to believe why many don't put the same importance in salat.

I don't think anyone looking for a spouse who prays five times a day is wrong thing either, today people get rejected for not having a degree or 80-100K yearly salary, rejecting someone for not praying shouldn't be looked down upon or we shouldn't try to encourage people to do so either.

Islam itself is a battle in one self, as the Prophet (pbuh) one of the biggest jihad is inside oneself and battling that, which includes prayer.

It all depends now, specific valid reason may not allow people to pray, or sometimes people have a drop in iman, which is understandable, but not praying because of laziness or lack of effort isn't valid enough.

Leave a comment:

• ~Umar~
    replied

No I wouldn't. Salah is obligatory upon us and to see someone not performing the basics out of laziness would most certainly put me off from marrying them. Also salah differentiates us between non-believers.

There's a hadith which says that we were originally given 50 prayers!! http://sunnah.com/bukhari/8
    However Muhammad :saw: asked Allah SWT to reduce this and it was eventually reduced to 5, However the reward of reading these 5 is still equivalent to 50 prayers!
    Point is some of us forget that this favour was bestowed on us to make it easier for us yet some of us amongst us still don't manage to pray 5 in time which is quite ungrateful imo

Leave a comment:

• Magic.
    replied

Originally posted by muzzybee View Post
    Do you mean by them missing prayers because they happen to be busy with things that they cant come out of or asleep , and they feel remorse and sadness being unable to pray on time or they intentionally miss prayers because of laziness etc...
    Yes being asleep and sometimes intentionally missing it out of laziness. It happens and yes they do feel remorse over their actions. They are still going through this struggle with themselves but as everyone rightly said this is the bare minimum which shouldn't exceed human limit as they can manage it perfectly fine. Fine other times ibadah may be low and they commit numerous sins but praying is the biggest most important priority in their lives which I can resonate with.

Leave a comment:

• muzzybee
    replied

Originally posted by Magic. View Post
    As in does sometimes, sometimes misses a Salah here and there.

As long as they are trying and asking for forgiveness, wouldn't this be okay?
    Do you mean by them missing prayers because they happen to be busy with things that they cant come out of or asleep , and they feel remorse and sadness being unable to pray on time or they intentionally miss prayers because of laziness etc...

Leave a comment:

• Pink123
    replied

No

Leave a comment:

• eesa the kiwi
    replied

I would have thought this was a non negotiable point

If a person can't fulfil the right of Allah subhanahu wa ta ala then what hope do you have of them fulfilling your rights

And if they reckon they'll change after marriage then why can't they change before marriage

Big no from me lol

Leave a comment:

• iRepIslam
    replied
    Would you marry someone who prays five times a day all the time or someone who tries

و عليكم السلام و رحمة الله
    No. First thing I'd want to look at is if he'd be a good role model for my children in terms of deen which includes praying 5 times a day (on time) and reading/memorising Quran.

Leave a comment:

• Poster
    replied

If they marry someone who prays them all, they would be a done deal because that would immediately help them. Someone right there encouraging them.
    How can you be sure it wouldn't have the opposite effect?

Leave a comment:

• Magic.
    replied

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
    There's no guarantee they'll change bro.
    Precisely.

Leave a comment:

• kifahamatullah
    replied

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
    Bad post.
    wait, i didn't mean i would prefer that type over the one who prays consistently. i just meant his struggling with prayers is not a reason for me personally to reject him.

Leave a comment:

• Stoic Believer
    replied
    Originally posted by Deeni Akh View Post
    It's too much of a risk.

Salah is a basic requirement to be a muslim, if a person is not consistent in that, its a major issue.

Imagine they're still 'trying' to pray 5 times a day when kids come along, its too much of a risk tbh.
    If they marry someone who prays them all, they would be a done deal because that would immediately help them. Someone right there encouraging them.
    There's no guarantee they'll change bro.

Leave a comment:

• Ajabah
    replied

Someone who prays 5 times a day consistently. I don't understand how someone can compromise with this unless they themselves don't pray regularly.

Leave a comment:

• kifahamatullah
    replied

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
    Bad post.
    why? i'm not trying to spark up a debate btw. just asking.
    Last edited by kifahamatullah; 10-08-16, 06:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mohamed Mifxal
    replied

Salah is more important than fighting in war, so you do he math of how sinful someone would be if he misses prayer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X