Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you marry someone who prays five times a day all the time or someone who tries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linalool
    replied
    Re: Would you marry someone who prays five times a day all the time or someone who tr

Depends tbh

Leave a comment:

• Linkdeutscher
    replied
    Originally posted by kifahamatullah View Post
    Originally posted by Magic. View Post
    As in does sometimes, sometimes misses a Salah here and there.
    i would marry this type. no one is perfect, not even the one who prays 5 times everyday and on time. and isn't that one of the points of marriage after all, to help each other to become BETTER in their deen? and i pray 5 times a day, so it's not because i also miss my salah. i just think it's unfair to judge them as they "don't remember Allah (swt)" or "not afraid of the consequences" and else; we should understand WHY they're missing it and help them. everyone struggles in their faith different ways.
    Bad post.

Leave a comment:

• Ibn Taleb
    replied
    Re: Would you marry someone who prays five times a day all the time or someone who tr

Nope

Leave a comment:

• kifahamatullah
    replied

i would marry this type. no one is perfect, not even the one who prays 5 times everyday and on time. and isn't that one of the points of marriage after all, to help each other to become BETTER in their deen? and i pray 5 times a day, so it's not because i also miss my salah. i just think it's unfair to judge them as they "don't remember Allah (swt)" or "not afraid of the consequences" and else; we should understand WHY they're missing it and help them. everyone struggles in their faith different ways.
    Last edited by kifahamatullah; 10-08-16, 06:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Abu Jarir
    replied

If they marry someone who prays them all, they would be a done deal because that would immediately help them. Someone right there encouraging them.
    exactly bro

Leave a comment:

• Abu Jarir
    replied

Originally posted by Deeni Akh View Post
    So you're saying someone who has the intention and tries but is not consisitent is better than the person who's consistent but prays out of habit?

Of course the latter is better as he is fulfiling the fard. He still has to get up and make wudu and go to the masjid or lay out the prayer mat so he also puts effort and thought into upkeeping his salawaat.
    Bro I know the impotence of Salah but it has no value if it is done with an empty heart otherwise even the Kufar would be amongst the ranks of Jannah along with the Munafiqeen, but remembering Salah and feeling bad about missing it and putting in effort shows dedication and intention and doesn't Allah award those with the best intentions?

Leave a comment:

• Magic.
    replied

It's too much of a risk.

Salah is a basic requirement to be a muslim, if a person is not consistent in that, its a major issue.

Imagine they're still 'trying' to pray 5 times a day when kids come along, its too much of a risk tbh.
    If they marry someone who prays them all, they would be a done deal because that would immediately help them. Someone right there encouraging them.

Leave a comment:

• Deeni Akh
    replied

Originally posted by Abu Jarir View Post
    Someone who tries is better because they have the intention instead of just being programmed and this example is far greater the example of doing something For the sake of Allah.
    So you're saying someone who has the intention and tries but is not consisitent is better than the person who's consistent but prays out of habit?

Of course the latter is better as he is fulfiling the fard. He still has to get up and make wudu and go to the masjid or lay out the prayer mat so he also puts effort and thought into upkeeping his salawaat.

Leave a comment:

• Abu Jarir
    replied

It's too much of a risk.

Salah is a basic requirement to be a muslim, if a person is not consistent in that, its a major issue.

Imagine they're still 'trying' to pray 5 times a day when kids come along, its too much of a risk tbh.
    Someone who tries is better because they have the intention instead of just being programmed and this example is far greater the example of doing something For the sake of Allah.

Leave a comment:

• Deeni Akh
    replied

It's too much of a risk.

Leave a comment:

• Magic.
    replied

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
    Not at all bro. Salah is not something you compromise for. I'd say the one who does is arrogant.
    At least they are trying to and feel bad they don't when they do not do it all. Its better than those who don't bother at all. There are many shades of Muslims. But I guess it isn't arrogant, its what stoic wants and in sha Allah that's what he gets.

Leave a comment:

• Alina15
    replied

As long as they are trying and asking for forgiveness, wouldn't this be okay?

For a long time I thought this: As long as he has the intention to improve and he is sincere in his intention, and all the other things are good (how he treats his parents and sisters, his manners, not chit-chatting with "female friends", what he knows about Islam, etc... ), well I wouldn't say no.

Everyone has its own path with Allah swt.

Now, I would be a bit scared of a man who doesn't have deen, who doesn't fear Allah swt enough to worship him. I would be scared of how he can treat his wife. Probably he treats his parents and sisters well for cultural reasons, but what about his wife? I would be scared to live with someone who can turn abusive.
    Moreover, if I live with someone who doesn't at least acknowledge the importance of prayer, who leaves me alone every time a prayer comes, I would feel as if I am married to a non muslim man....

And probably, if he is not consistent in his prayers, he would have a lot of other lacks as well in his deen, as prayer is the basis.

I think it's very normal if a deeni woman wants to marry a deeni man.

Leave a comment:

• Linkdeutscher
    replied
    Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
    Well perhaps they should marry someone who is striving in the same way.

I don't care if she's been doing it since puberty or not, as long she's doing them all now consistently and on time.
    Arrogant much?
    Not at all bro. Salah is not something you compromise for. I'd say the one who does is arrogant.

Leave a comment:

• hasan2013
    replied

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
    I fail to see the arrogance?
    Same here brah, you didn't say anything wrong. You cannot compromise in salah at all.
    Last edited by hasan2013; 10-08-16, 12:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Stoic Believer
    replied

Arrogant much?
    I fail to see the arrogance?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X