Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you marry someone who prays five times a day all the time or someone who tries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Would you marry someone who prays five times a day all the time or someone who tr

Originally posted by Magic. View Post
    As in does sometimes, sometimes misses a Salah here and there.

As long as they are trying and asking for forgiveness, wouldn't this be okay?

For a long time I thought this: As long as he has the intention to improve and he is sincere in his intention, and all the other things are good (how he treats his parents and sisters, his manners, not chit-chatting with "female friends", what he knows about Islam, etc... ), well I wouldn't say no.

Everyone has its own path with Allah swt.

Now, I would be a bit scared of a man who doesn't have deen, who doesn't fear Allah swt enough to worship him. I would be scared of how he can treat his wife. Probably he treats his parents and sisters well for cultural reasons, but what about his wife? I would be scared to live with someone who can turn abusive.
    Moreover, if I live with someone who doesn't at least acknowledge the importance of prayer, who leaves me alone every time a prayer comes, I would feel as if I am married to a non muslim man....

And probably, if he is not consistent in his prayers, he would have a lot of other lacks as well in his deen, as prayer is the basis.

I think it's very normal if a deeni woman wants to marry a deeni man.

Comment

Re: Would you marry someone who prays five times a day all the time or someone who tr

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
      Not at all bro. Salah is not something you compromise for. I'd say the one who does is arrogant.
      At least they are trying to and feel bad they don't when they do not do it all. Its better than those who don't bother at all. There are many shades of Muslims. But I guess it isn't arrogant, its what stoic wants and in sha Allah that's what he gets.
      8 powerful habits to succeed

1. Wake up early!
      2. Do it as soon as possible, you could die tonight so make the best of today
      3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
      4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
      5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
      6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
      7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
      8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This is also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJubtizAEfU

Watch this when you're distressed!

Comment

It's too much of a risk.

Salah is a basic requirement to be a muslim, if a person is not consistent in that, its a major issue.

Imagine they're still 'trying' to pray 5 times a day when kids come along, its too much of a risk tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Deeni Akh View Post
          It's too much of a risk.

Salah is a basic requirement to be a muslim, if a person is not consistent in that, its a major issue.

Imagine they're still 'trying' to pray 5 times a day when kids come along, its too much of a risk tbh.
          Someone who tries is better because they have the intention instead of just being programmed and this example is far greater the example of doing something For the sake of Allah.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Jarir View Post
            Someone who tries is better because they have the intention instead of just being programmed and this example is far greater the example of doing something For the sake of Allah.
            So you're saying someone who has the intention and tries but is not consisitent is better than the person who's consistent but prays out of habit?

Of course the latter is better as he is fulfiling the fard. He still has to get up and make wudu and go to the masjid or lay out the prayer mat so he also puts effort and thought into upkeeping his salawaat.

Comment

It's too much of a risk.

If they marry someone who prays them all, they would be a done deal because that would immediately help them. Someone right there encouraging them.
              8 powerful habits to succeed

1. Wake up early!
              2. Do it as soon as possible, you could die tonight so make the best of today
              3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
              4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
              5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
              6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
              7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
              8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This is also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJubtizAEfU

Watch this when you're distressed!

Comment

So you're saying someone who has the intention and tries but is not consisitent is better than the person who's consistent but prays out of habit?

Of course the latter is better as he is fulfiling the fard. He still has to get up and make wudu and go to the masjid or lay out the prayer mat so he also puts effort and thought into upkeeping his salawaat.
                Bro I know the impotence of Salah but it has no value if it is done with an empty heart otherwise even the Kufar would be amongst the ranks of Jannah along with the Munafiqeen, but remembering Salah and feeling bad about missing it and putting in effort shows dedication and intention and doesn't Allah award those with the best intentions?

Comment

If they marry someone who prays them all, they would be a done deal because that would immediately help them. Someone right there encouraging them.
                  exactly bro

Comment

i would marry this type. no one is perfect, not even the one who prays 5 times everyday and on time. and isn't that one of the points of marriage after all, to help each other to become BETTER in their deen? and i pray 5 times a day, so it's not because i also miss my salah. i just think it's unfair to judge them as they "don't remember Allah (swt)" or "not afraid of the consequences" and else; we should understand WHY they're missing it and help them. everyone struggles in their faith different ways.
                    Last edited by kifahamatullah; 10-08-16, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Nope
                      The Prophet (saw) advised to: “Take benefit of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death
                      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

Comment

Originally posted by kifahamatullah View Post
                        i would marry this type. no one is perfect, not even the one who prays 5 times everyday and on time. and isn't that one of the points of marriage after all, to help each other to become BETTER in their deen? and i pray 5 times a day, so it's not because i also miss my salah. i just think it's unfair to judge them as they "don't remember Allah (swt)" or "not afraid of the consequences" and else; we should understand WHY they're missing it and help them. everyone struggles in their faith different ways.
                        Bad post.
                        You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Depends tbh

Comment

Salah is more important than fighting in war, so you do he math of how sinful someone would be if he misses prayer.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
                              Bad post.
                              why? i'm not trying to spark up a debate btw. just asking.
                              Last edited by kifahamatullah; 10-08-16, 06:57 AM.

Comment

:salams

Someone who prays 5 times a day consistently. I don't understand how someone can compromise with this unless they themselves don't pray regularly.
                                Let not the free disposal (and affluence) of the disbelievers throughout the land deceive you.

[Surah Aali-'Imraan: V. 196]

Comment

Working...
                                X