Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you marry someone who prays five times a day all the time or someone who tries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you marry someone who prays five times a day all the time or someone who tries

As in does sometimes, sometimes misses a Salah here and there.

As long as they are trying and asking for forgiveness, wouldn't this be okay?
    8 powerful habits to succeed

1. Wake up early!
    2. Do it as soon as possible, you could die tonight so make the best of today
    3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
    4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
    5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
    6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
    7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
    8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This is also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJubtizAEfU

Watch this when you're distressed!

Re: Would you marry someone who prays five times a day all the time or someone who tr

Originally posted by Magic. View Post
    As in does sometimes, sometimes misses a Salah here and there.

As long as they are trying and asking for forgiveness, wouldn't this be okay?
    Sometimes misses a salah here and there? Bro I think you underestimate the gravity of how bad this is.

Consistency in salah is something I would never compromise. The only thing I would be lenient with is if occasionally the person accidentally sleeps past fajr because they slept through their alarm or something. And that's only because it's happened to me before.

But if it's more than that, it is definitely indicative of a deficiency in their imaan. There's no way a Muslim who fears Allah would even entertain the thought of missing a salah.

Comment

Re: Would you marry someone who prays five times a day all the time or someone who tr

No.
      You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

No, I wouldn't marry someone who misses salah. That's a very basic standard to have.
        Narrated Anas:
        The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." [Bukhari]

Comment

Isn't the whole point is to strive though?

1. Wake up early!
          3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
          4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
          5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
          6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
          7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
          8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This is also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

Comment

So you would ask them the potential apart from oversleeping have you prayed all prayers since puberty?

1. Wake up early!

NEW UPDATE

Comment

No, I would only marry a woman who reads her 5 salahs with dedication.

The first thing Allah will question is our salah, it is the most important pillar after the shahadah, it's importance and value simply cannot be understated.

It is simply not good enough to just read some salahs, if a person cannot commit to fulfilling such an important pillar then it is well worth questioning what other obligatory acts they are leaving out. What kind of role model can such a person be to your children?

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                Sometimes misses a salah here and there? Bro I think you underestimate the gravity of how bad this is.

Consistency in salah is something I would never compromise. The only thing I would be lenient with is if occasionally the person accidentally sleeps past fajr because they slept through their alarm or something. And that's only because it's happened to me before.

But if it's more than that, it is definitely indicative of a deficiency in their imaan. There's no way a Muslim who fears Allah would even entertain the thought of missing a salah.
                No bro I am not underestimating at all

1. Wake up early!

NEW UPDATE

Comment

Isn't the whole point is to strive though?
                  Well perhaps they should marry someone who is striving in the same way.

So you would ask them the potential apart from oversleeping have you prayed all prayers since puberty?
                  I don't care if she's been doing it since puberty or not, as long she's doing them all now consistently and on time.

Comment

Even if she has missed Salah in the past but has repented now and is consistent it's fine.
                    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

Comment

I don't care if she's been doing it since puberty or not, as long she's doing them all now consistently and on time.
                      Arrogant much?

1. Wake up early!

NEW UPDATE

Comment

Never. 5 salah is not difficult to pray and the space between each prayer is a lot. There is no excuse. If i married someone like that not knowing they can't handle 5 prayers, i would not stick around, it would infuriate me.
                        Narrated by Anas ibn Malik RA: Allah's Messenger :saw: said. "When a woman observes the five times of prayer, fasts during Ramadan, preserves her chastity and obeys her husband, she may enter by any of the gates of Paradise she wishes."

Comment

Arrogant much?
                          I fail to see the arrogance?

Comment

I fail to see the arrogance?
                            Same here brah, you didn't say anything wrong. You cannot compromise in salah at all.
                            Last edited by hasan2013; 10-08-16, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Arrogant much?
                              Not at all bro. Salah is not something you compromise for. I'd say the one who does is arrogant.

Comment

Working...
                              X