This is the scenario:

- woman and man are married
    - husband prefers his wife to stay at home instead of working
    - wife agrees and husband is going to provide for everything

Which way(s) do you think is/are the most suitable:

The wife asks for money every time she needs to buy something
    There's a shared bank account
    The husband gives the wife a monthly pocket money for her personal shopping
    The husband goes with her wife every time she has to buy something and he will pay

Or something else?

Re: How to share/manage money when married

all four are pretty much similar options. whether he gives her money or she helps herself to it. whatever one works best for the wife is what they should do

Comment

Shared bank account is the way to go.

Comment

I'll start out with a shared account in shaa Allah. If she abuses it I'll switch to monthly allowance.

Comment

Don't want shared bank accounts
          'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Option 1, 3 and 4, sound perfect for a child.

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
              Don't want shared bank accounts
              Shared means you have access to his, not vice versa, in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by Nawar View Post
                Shared means you have access to his, not vice versa, in my book.
                Yes, I understand

I don't want access via a shared account.

I think money causes a lot of problems in marriages and having a shared account gives people the opportunity to create discord and doubts. Something I've seen that has made me think twice. I've seen men complain about it.

I don't ask for much when it comes to material things just the bare necessities. He should have common sense when it comes to these necessities and how much they will cost him. If a man can't handle that then he should have remained single.
                'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

The last two...the husband is the leader and takes care of the finances.

Comment

I would advise against a shared bank account. With some of the more ditzy and frivolous sisters you may find the fridge empty while the shoe closet overflowing.

Comment

im guessing she can have a credit card too so she uses it whenever she needs something. and the guy can see on online statement where she went and how much she spent so no need to ask her every time she buys something and no need to ask him every time u need something.

Comment

Originally posted by londonmuslimguy View Post
                        I would advise against a shared bank account. With some of the more ditzy and frivolous sisters you may find the fridge empty while the shoe closet overflowing.
                        Think you have a bigger problem of being ditzy enough to marry the wrong person to begin with.
                        Last edited by Nawar; 07-08-16, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
                          The last two...the husband is the leader and takes care of the finances.
                          A strong leader doesn't need to treat his wife like a child. He does the ground work to make sure finances are always taken of, in and out of his presence. But I guess treating women like children works better for weaker folk.

Comment

I would preferred shared as after the husband has paid for the bills and food I'm not sure what else I would need really. If i wanted something really expensive that you would consult the husband
                            No Longer On UF

Comment

Originally posted by Nawar View Post
                              A strong leader doesn't need to treat his wife like a child. He does the ground work to make sure finances are always taken of, in and out of his presence. But I guess treating women like children works better for weaker folk.
                              Why assume the wife is being treated like a child? The husband and wife discuss her requirements and setup an arrangement that both are happy with. What's wrong with that?

Comment

Working...
                              X