Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is being educated really that big of a deal????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soliloquy
    replied
    Re: Is being educated really that big of a deal????

:wswrwb:

I don't know about ordering races/ethnicities according to superficiality concerning this topic, however I think it ultimately comes down to what people value and that is not necessarily superficial at all. Why are they valuing these skills, attributes, etc.? Why do others deem these preferences superficial?

Some basic examples:

1. Person X desires a spouse who is of a particular profession because s/he finds it complements his/her own studies and interests.
    2. Person Y desires a spouse who is a qualified X/Y/Z because s/he has always held these professions in high esteem.
    3. Person Z desires a spouse who is employed as a professional -insert list- because s/he is concerned about long-term security in a stable job that increases the possibility of a stable income.

Again, I'd ask why and what is the reasoning, particularly for number 2, rather than assume they're automatically materialistic, elitists, etc.

Personally, I find a lot of people who are educated with degrees (and yes I have one) aren't particularly smart in the way I value thus it doesn't mean much to me. Nowadays, many people of my age bracket have degrees anyway. I don't see it as a base to begin from at all, there are more pertinent issues for me that I'd be interested in. What I do find highly attractive in friends is people who pursue subjects that interest them with enthusiasm, so if someone had a degree and it stemmed from this - then yes, that's a plus since I can see the fruits of their labour. We could read into this several characteristics that are held in high regard - reliability, dedication, conscientiousness, etc.

Leave a comment:

• dracon50
    replied

Originally posted by SartorialMuslim View Post
    Asalamualaikum.

1.) Most of the people in this part of the forum are children, and simply repeat what their parents have said. They have also been conditioned/washed to think this way. So yes the future population will think this way, and do not doubt that this is a sickness.

2.)The other portion are adults who have either spent their entire lives in school and require justification for what they have done. They are also the new generation who have received this misinformation from their parents. Furthermore, most of the ones who believe that education is so important have traded the next life for this one. You will find them with mortgages and cars in riba, as well as extravagances that bend and exceed the limitations of Islam. Usually you will find them beardless, scantily hijabbed, and believing in freedom and empowerment, rather than unity as a couple.

3.) The greatest of humanity existed when there were no such thing as universities. Our very own Nabi SAWS was called "the unlettered." Do you think that Allah could not have chosen one of the leading Persian mathematicians and astronomers of that time? They were quite brilliant and studied.

4.) I have rarely seen more evil and evil thoughts among a people than I have seen amongst our own muslims(unfortunately most of them are from those places you mentioned). The western muslims are far more down to earth. Even the non-muslims marry each other from all walks of life. Yet we as muslims demand "ph.d." It is a sickness, do not doubt this.

5.) Do not subscribe to this way of thinking. The fact that you value a spouse for them as a person rather than their money and education is beautiful. Your thought process is far more in line with the wives of the prophet SAW, than these modern corrupted individuals.

Continue to grow and live as a true Muslimah. Reject all of the poison which infects the Ummah. You are beautiful in mind.

Barakalluhufeek.
    Are we seriously ignoring the brilliance of this post?

Leave a comment:

• RaNdOm
    replied

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
    This shouldn't have made me laugh.
    -_-

will someone teach him please. [MENTION=31393]Soliloquy[/MENTION] or [MENTION=139858]The Reader[/MENTION] - your English is great - tell him it can be ME TOO TOO

Leave a comment:

• Linkdeutscher
    replied

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
    no I will not
    This shouldn't have made me laugh.

Leave a comment:

• RaNdOm
    replied

Native speakers make many mistakes and use slang, it is not a standard by which you judge grammar. It makes sense only because you're too used to it, that's all.

A: I will kill the boy.
    B. Me too. (A will kill B too)

B. I too. (B will kill the boy too)

Learn this.
    no I will not

Leave a comment:

• Linkdeutscher
    replied

Oh u mean cos I'm dumb -_-

Omg it makes COMPLETE sense - ask any native English speaker
    Native speakers make many mistakes and use slang, it is not a standard by which you judge grammar. It makes sense only because you're too used to it, that's all.

B. Me too. (A will kill B too)

B. I too. (B will kill the boy too)

Learn this.

Leave a comment:

• RaNdOm
    replied

Start making steps to increase your chances of getting a clever spouse.

No, me too is wrong. It doesn't even make damn sense. Me is in the objective case. It's like saying I hate him. And you come in and say me too! That means that I hate you too, not that you hate him too. Learn your cases.
    Oh u mean cos I'm dumb -_-

Omg it makes COMPLETE sense - ask any native English speaker

Leave a comment:

• Linkdeutscher
    replied

Originally posted by Allah's_Servant View Post
    She is not groceries lol

I won't lie. I didn't know what the word meant and had to look it up lol
    This is true knowledge.

Leave a comment:

• Allah's_Servant
    replied

Originally posted by Deeni Akh View Post
    Not a big deal at all.

As long as she's home-orientated and modest I would bag her.

:brf:
    She is not groceries lol

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
    It wouldn't be a big word if you were educated

I kid.
    Both the outta and I kid ruined an otherwise great and powerful post.

Stoic, this place is starting to affect you. Better take action now.
    I won't lie. I didn't know what the word meant and had to look it up lol

Leave a comment:

• Linkdeutscher
    replied

What do u mean start making steps?

And it's ME TOO. The whole of England can't be wrong. I remba learning about it in English once - she said sumt like u can say me or I but only proper weirdos would say I too.
    Start making steps to increase your chances of getting a clever spouse.

No, me too is wrong. It doesn't even make damn sense. Me is in the objective case. It's like saying I hate him. And you come in and say me too! That means that I hate you too, not that you hate him too. Learn your cases.

Leave a comment:

• Sabros
    replied

Originally posted by m7md View Post
    No they dont value it coz they r not really coming from a civilization ..
    they sure care about money more and family, coz they so far they have not really seen a connection between standard of life and education, as they get wealth from connections via oil.
    civilization = when people have their own economic system, educational system, defense etc.. in the Middle east its all acquired,
    very different from the turks, indains, persians, romans etc..

in the middle east people just lived in the desert hand to mouth,
    Ah that is very interesting. lots of truth in that I think

Leave a comment:

• m7md
    replied

Originally posted by Sabros View Post
    What do you mean? Do people care more about money rather than a high education when it comes to status and marriage?

Status is more important than money. A big company earning millions is a success. A small business earning 100k a year is not seen in the same way. I know a family that owns several cash and carrys, gas pumps and has invested heavily in real estate over the years. They are loaded. And yet as they were not educated they didn't have a high status compared to the local doctor who probably earned a fraction of what they had.

Plus its a class and compatibility thing.

I think he was referring to school teachers. In the UK, academia and university research/teaching (at a real uni) is ferociously competitive.
    No they dont value it coz they r not really coming from a civilization ..
    they sure care about money more and family, coz they so far they have not really seen a connection between standard of life and education, as they get wealth from connections via oil.
    civilization = when people have their own economic system, educational system, defense etc.. in the Middle east its all acquired,
    very different from the turks, indains, persians, romans etc..

in the middle east people just lived in the desert hand to mouth,

Leave a comment:

• SheSaid
    replied

There's always this idea of the uneducated being very religiously inclined vs. the highly educated person that is far from deen but most people fall in between somewhere.
    If someone was serious about their studies, they could use the same discipline towards Islamic studies. I know people who did terribly in high school/university and had that attitude of the knowledge that their learning being useless and who would go on about wanting to do Islamic studies. Once they signed up for Islamic studies, they simply did not hack it because they brought the same laziness and lack of discipline they had in school to the Islamic arena. On the other hand, you have people who overemphasize education, case in point being the parents who wake their kids up to study but not for fajr.

Leave a comment:

• Linkdeutscher
    replied
    Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post

I judge how sensitive the OP might be and adjust the power accordingly.
    Good point. But the OP has a quite a bit of resistance according to my judgment.

Leave a comment:

• Stoic Believer
    replied

I judge how sensitive the person might be and adjust the power accordingly.
    Last edited by Stoic Believer; 07-08-16, 04:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X