Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is being educated really that big of a deal????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is being educated really that big of a deal????

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
    Well then start making steps towards that goal.

To start off, it's I too not me too.
    I too sounds too formal
    Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

Originally posted by Allah's_Servant View Post

I too sounds too formal
      No doubt, in fact archaic I'd say.
      You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Oh big word. Bravo to you
        Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

You're not bad at sarcasm. With practice you could master it no doubt, methinks.
          You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

Comment

:salams

Honestly everyone here is always talking about degrees, Uni, being doctors, being in school for years. As if this really some requirement for marriage as if it's super important and I don't feel like it is. As long as you work I don't care about how long you went to school or what degree you got. People go to school for years get degrees and than never find a job.

I feel like this is especially true for those from Pakistan, India, Bangladesh. I feel like they pay more attention to some who has a degree or who's educated than Arabs.
            Degree and education is very important.

Comment

Not a big deal at all.

As long as she's home-orientated and modest I would bag her.

:brf:

Comment

What do u mean start making steps?

And it's ME TOO. The whole of England can't be wrong. I remba learning about it in English once - she said sumt like u can say me or I but only proper weirdos would say I too.

Comment

It wouldn't be a big word if you were educated

I kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                    It wouldn't be a big word if you were educated

I kid.
                    Both the outta and I kid ruined an otherwise great and powerful post.

Stoic, this place is starting to affect you. Better take action now.

Comment

I judge how sensitive the person might be and adjust the power accordingly.
                      Last edited by Stoic Believer; 07-08-16, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post

I judge how sensitive the OP might be and adjust the power accordingly.
                        Good point. But the OP has a quite a bit of resistance according to my judgment.

Comment

There's always this idea of the uneducated being very religiously inclined vs. the highly educated person that is far from deen but most people fall in between somewhere.
                          If someone was serious about their studies, they could use the same discipline towards Islamic studies. I know people who did terribly in high school/university and had that attitude of the knowledge that their learning being useless and who would go on about wanting to do Islamic studies. Once they signed up for Islamic studies, they simply did not hack it because they brought the same laziness and lack of discipline they had in school to the Islamic arena. On the other hand, you have people who overemphasize education, case in point being the parents who wake their kids up to study but not for fajr.
                          17-07

Comment

Originally posted by Sabros View Post
                            What do you mean? Do people care more about money rather than a high education when it comes to status and marriage?

Status is more important than money. A big company earning millions is a success. A small business earning 100k a year is not seen in the same way. I know a family that owns several cash and carrys, gas pumps and has invested heavily in real estate over the years. They are loaded. And yet as they were not educated they didn't have a high status compared to the local doctor who probably earned a fraction of what they had.

Plus its a class and compatibility thing.

I think he was referring to school teachers. In the UK, academia and university research/teaching (at a real uni) is ferociously competitive.
                            No they dont value it coz they r not really coming from a civilization ..
                            they sure care about money more and family, coz they so far they have not really seen a connection between standard of life and education, as they get wealth from connections via oil.
                            civilization = when people have their own economic system, educational system, defense etc.. in the Middle east its all acquired,
                            very different from the turks, indains, persians, romans etc..

in the middle east people just lived in the desert hand to mouth,

Comment

Originally posted by m7md View Post
                              No they dont value it coz they r not really coming from a civilization ..
                              they sure care about money more and family, coz they so far they have not really seen a connection between standard of life and education, as they get wealth from connections via oil.
                              civilization = when people have their own economic system, educational system, defense etc.. in the Middle east its all acquired,
                              very different from the turks, indains, persians, romans etc..

in the middle east people just lived in the desert hand to mouth,
                              Ah that is very interesting. lots of truth in that I think

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
                                What do u mean start making steps?

And it's ME TOO. The whole of England can't be wrong. I remba learning about it in English once - she said sumt like u can say me or I but only proper weirdos would say I too.
                                Start making steps to increase your chances of getting a clever spouse.

No, me too is wrong. It doesn't even make damn sense. Me is in the objective case. It's like saying I hate him. And you come in and say me too! That means that I hate you too, not that you hate him too. Learn your cases.

Comment

Working...
                                X