Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is being educated really that big of a deal????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is being educated really that big of a deal????

You can be the most pious person in the world, but where I live, you can't get a job without a degree - even if you're looking for the lowest jobs you can think of.
    And how can you marry, if you are a man, while you don't have a job because you don't have a degree?
    Say what somebody can do instead of the haram if you want to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Allah's_Servant View Post
      :salams

Honestly everyone here is always talking about degrees, Uni, being doctors, being in school for years. As if this really some requirement for marriage as if it's super important and I don't feel like it is. As long as you work I don't care about how long you went to school or what degree you got. People go to school for years get degrees and than never find a job.

I feel like this is especially true for those from Pakistan, India, Bangladesh. I feel like they pay more attention to some who has a degree or who's educated than Arabs.
      Asalamualaikum.

1.) Most of the people in this part of the forum are children, and simply repeat what their parents have said. They have also been conditioned/washed to think this way. So yes the future population will think this way, and do not doubt that this is a sickness.

2.)The other portion are adults who have either spent their entire lives in school and require justification for what they have done. They are also the new generation who have received this misinformation from their parents. Furthermore, most of the ones who believe that education is so important have traded the next life for this one. You will find them with mortgages and cars in riba, as well as extravagances that bend and exceed the limitations of Islam. Usually you will find them beardless, scantily hijabbed, and believing in freedom and empowerment, rather than unity as a couple.

3.) The greatest of humanity existed when there were no such thing as universities. Our very own Nabi SAWS was called "the unlettered." Do you think that Allah could not have chosen one of the leading Persian mathematicians and astronomers of that time? They were quite brilliant and studied.

4.) I have rarely seen more evil and evil thoughts among a people than I have seen amongst our own muslims(unfortunately most of them are from those places you mentioned). The western muslims are far more down to earth. Even the non-muslims marry each other from all walks of life. Yet we as muslims demand "ph.d." It is a sickness, do not doubt this.

5.) Do not subscribe to this way of thinking. The fact that you value a spouse for them as a person rather than their money and education is beautiful. Your thought process is far more in line with the wives of the prophet SAW, than these modern corrupted individuals.

Continue to grow and live as a true Muslimah. Reject all of the poison which infects the Ummah. You are beautiful in mind.

Barakalluhufeek.

Comment

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
        There's this wedding invite in my house, I was looking at it a while ago, the groom had BSc (Hons) after his name, same with the bride

That's funny. Didn't know everyone needed to know.
        BSc? please! BEng (Hons) is the minimum.... but it's the letters that come after that count. I've got "Stani" at the end of mine...enough said.

Comment

salaams to all

Allah ta'ala has said that HE is responsible for our rizq
          we must make some effort but ultimately, NO degree or qualification ensures what you will earn

we tend to place too much emphasis on the means
          yet, when it comes to our ibaadah & doing good deeds, Allah ta'ala has left that upto us & we will be treated in the dunya according to our deeds & more importantly, in the aakhirah, its our good deeds that will determine our ultimate abode.

if a person makes a certain amount of effort & earns $3000 per month
          and another person made THE SAME amount of effort but earned $7500 per month- nothing wrong with that

where its dangerous is to exert ourselves A LOT- much more than a fair amount, in pursuit of rizq.

people should have a target of max 8 hours daily- whatever they earn in that time, be content with it & live within your means

and Allah ta'ala knows best
          jazakallah
          Sufyaan Thawri "Whoever is very popular with his relations and neighbours, we suspect him to be compromising in preaching the true teachings of religion."
          very good site for English bayaans in MP3 format-check it out- u wont be disappointed: http://www.musjidnoor.za.net/index.html & http://alhaadi.org.za/majlis-program...downloads.html

Comment

Judging by the way some of the university students and graduates post on here, being 'educated' hasn't really helped. What's the point of knowledge if it isn't used and acted upon? Education doesn't always denote inteligence or wisdom, and these attributes may be much more valued.

Comment

i think this is affects potential husbands more than anyone else
              http://treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com/
              Perfect Handmade Cookies for your Dhikr Sessison
              http://s9.postimg.org/46cs0lqz3/bvita_jpg.jpg
              for all your sufism needs
              http://s2.postimg.org/tl4ep7qzp/image.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                Judging by the way some of the university students and graduates post on here, being 'educated' hasn't really helped. What's the point of knowledge if it isn't used and acted upon? Education doesn't always denote inteligence or wisdom, and these attributes may be much more valued.
                Thank you A'A. This is the point I was making. I don't know up to what level AbuMubarak was 'educated', but this man possesses much wisdom and knowledge I truly admire.

Comment

Can people be educated in terms of manners and speech?

Because I'm gonna have to put up with how he's gonna treat me and the way he acts around me and other people, for the rest of my life. Not his degree that's gonna collect dust.

Well maybe degrees do matter, but I'll look at how that works in real life. If he's gonna act like a wussy arrogant guy and use that as a walking status symbol, like Hester Prynne with her scarlet letter A, then no thanks pls.

Manners go a long way. In fact, being highly educated or whatnot will be a test on your manners. Big time.
                  Last edited by nudgetheputri; 07-08-16, 03:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nudgetheputri View Post
                    Can people be educated in terms of manners and speech?

Because I'm gonna have to put up with how he's gonna treat me and the way he acts around me and other people, for the rest of my life. Not his degree that's gonna collect dust.

Well maybe degrees do matter, but I'll look at how that works in real life. If he's gonna act like a wussy arrogant guy and use that as a walking status symbol, like Hester Prynne with her scarlet letter A, then no thanks pls.

Manners go a long way. In fact, being highly educated or whatnot will be a test on your manners. Big time.
                    Nope. We see many people with degrees with horrible manners and attitudes.
                    Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
                      :wswrwb:

Not really concerned with degrees of stuff, but I want an intelligent spouse and not a stupid one.

Being educated doesn't automatically mean you're intelligent. There are many 'educated' people who are pretty dumb.
                      someone that will make you look dumb Link
                      https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Originally posted by ibzy View Post
                        Not just any skills, but mad skills
                        Husband: Where's the tea?

Me: The water burnt! I gotta make it over again.

Husband: ........How the hell do you burn water 0_0

Me: It's the baby's fault

Husband: ........The baby isn't even born yet!!!!!!

I blame everything on this poor unborn baby lol.
                        Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
                          :wswrwb:

Not really concerned with degrees of stuff, but I want an intelligent spouse and not a stupid one.

Being educated doesn't automatically mean you're intelligent. There are many 'educated' people who are pretty dumb.
                          I agree with this
                          "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
                            I agree with this
                            I also agree with this! :watermelon:
                            :conf06:

Comment

Originally posted by Al-Mualim View Post
                              I also agree with this! :watermelon:
                              me too

I want someone educated on the school of life like a cunning fox that will teach me everything but not screw me over at the same time

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
                                me too

I want someone educated on the school of life like a cunning fox that will teach me everything but not screw me over at the same time
                                Well then start making steps towards that goal.

To start off, it's I too not me too.
                                You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Working...
                                X