Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is being educated really that big of a deal????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is being educated really that big of a deal????

Originally posted by zantz View Post
    I want a nice happy wife with deen ofcourse all that other stuff doesn't matter to me
    Sure...
    They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Originally posted by Allah's_Servant View Post
      :salams

Honestly everyone here is always talking about degrees, Uni, being doctors, being in school for years. As if this really some requirement for marriage as if it's super important and I don't feel like it is. As long as you work I don't care about how long you went to school or what degree you got. People go to school for years get degrees and than never find a job.

I feel like this is especially true for those from Pakistan, India, Bangladesh. I feel like they pay more attention to some who has a degree or who's educated than Arabs.
      In the UK, within the south Asian communities it is a must that the bride to be has a degree.

She'll need it in the kitchen and in knowing how to give birth. PUSH NOT PULL.

:wacko:

I don't get it either but the consensus is that if you don't have a degree then you're not capable of anything or you're not intelligent enough. Kinda stupid coming from 'educated' people if you ask me.
      'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Subhanallah!

And to think that the best man to have walked upon the face of this earth was unlettered..

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
          You may think so, but I don't think you realize the importance of intelligence. Obviously deen first, but other stuff like beauty also matter. Better be realistic.
          You sound like a grumpy old man

Originally posted by ibzy View Post
          Sure...
          Indeed :inlove:
          [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
          [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

This is how I see it. I'm not going to live with his degree. That's for him. I'm going to live with his akhlaq, personality, his deen.. What's a degree good for if he has bad manners? I know one doesn't exclude the other, but as long as he can provide and it's halal income, khayr in sha Allah

Comment

Find one with a masters in eco feminism

:1popcorn: forget teaching the kids, she'll teach you alright

:rotfl:
              'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Son, what is this?
                You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Some cultures tend to pay such a high emphasis on a person's level of education(secular) that deen & akhlaq take a backseat.

I'm not here to diss anyone - but from my observation, some educated people or rather people with degrees tend to develop a complex - they're arrogant, lack humility, look down upon others who're less educated than themselves, are only concerned with their own rights & what they can gain, are not hospitable i.e. they find it bothersome to serve others - be it guests, spouse's family or relatives, have low tolerance levels...etc etc...in short, have qualities which do not exactly make them good marriage material.

Previously, the purpose of attaining an education was to refine & polish oneself, but sadly, today, it's just a means of earning money.

In this day & age, an educated individual may not necessarily be a good individual. Many people learn this lesson the hard way after marriage.

Comment

Indeed :inlove:
                    Deen over dunya yeah?

Comment

There's this wedding invite in my house, I was looking at it a while ago, the groom had BSc (Hons) after his name, same with the bride

That's funny. Didn't know everyone needed to know.
                      The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: ‘Read, and ascend, and recite as you used to recite in the [previous] world, for your status will be according to the last verse that you recite.’” [At-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464)]

Comment

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
                        There's this wedding invite in my house, I was looking at it a while ago, the groom had BSc (Hons) after his name, same with the bride

That's funny. Didn't know everyone needed to know.
                        It's a status thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ibzy View Post
                          Deen over dunya yeah?
                          Its not even about that, i really dont get whats so attractive about a woman being dunya educated.. weeeeeird ppl what are you gonna do discuss newtons third law over the dinner table cmooon akhi give me a break
                          [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
                          [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

Piety is so, so attractive <3

Piety/modesty/character/manners >>>> any degree

Comment

Its not even about that, i really dont get whats so attractive about a woman being dunya educated.. weeeeeird ppl what are you gonna do discuss newtons third law over the dinner table cmooon akhi give me a break
                              You've missed the point completely dude.

Comment

Education gives you a greater chance getting a good job which is turn gives you a more comfortable life yourself, spouse and kids. I don't think getting a degree is everything but it is a big deal.
                                Say, O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful.
                                (Surah Az Zumar, (Chapter 39: Verse 53)

Comment

Working...
                                X