Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is being educated really that big of a deal????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is being educated really that big of a deal????

:salams

Honestly everyone here is always talking about degrees, Uni, being doctors, being in school for years. As if this really some requirement for marriage as if it's super important and I don't feel like it is. As long as you work I don't care about how long you went to school or what degree you got. People go to school for years get degrees and than never find a job.

I feel like this is especially true for those from Pakistan, India, Bangladesh. I feel like they pay more attention to some who has a degree or who's educated than Arabs.
    Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Re: Is being educated really that big of a deal????

:wswrwb:

for some it is, for some it isn't..it's down to preferences, really
    sigpic

Comment

It is good because your discipline shows something about you, what you are challenged by and how you respond.

It also shows intelligence and eloquence which are both good things. People who dismiss university education weirdly sound bitter to me.
      وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

The education criteria depends on what degree you do. Some degrees are worthless and people would've been better off not doing them in the first place.

Being a doctor, dentist, engineer etc... is really respected by the south Asian community. They won't respect someone who does a bad a degree at a rank 50 university. So it depends on what you study.

Comment

You have to take into account the society that one is living in to understand why someone is making that comment. In some countries a qualification is very important and without it you will struggle finding decent employment.

My personal view is that a qualification is very important if you live in a country like the UK as it'll be difficult to get a decent job. A lot of sectors have a degree as a minimum requirement so without one you cannot enter.

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
            It is good because your discipline shows something about you, what you are challenged by and how you respond.

It also shows intelligence and eloquence which are both good things. People who dismiss university education weirdly sound bitter to me.
            I didn't finish high school but I would feel bitter and disappointed if someone thought I was less than them or I wasn't smart enough to be married. Even though I was offered a scholarship to go to a Tech Uni and my dad offered to put me in a tech Uni here in Falasteen and offered to open me a shop where I could fix computers and phones. But I just never thought those were serious enough for me to rejected for marriage or seen less of. My parents also never made me think that not having a degree made me less of or that I should reject someone for not having a degree.

I don't a degree shows intelligence. Someone can be intelligent without a degree. My husband knows 4 languages and can pick up a language fairly quickly yet he didn't go to college
            Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

Originally posted by Medic View Post
              The education criteria depends on what degree you do. Some degrees are worthless and people would've been better off not doing them in the first place.

Being a doctor, dentist, engineer etc... is really respected by the south Asian community. They won't respect someone who does a bad a degree at a rank 50 university. So it depends on what you study.
              Why is fixing teeth so respected?

Comment

Originally posted by peras1 View Post
                Why is fixing teeth so respected?
                Dentistry degree entry requirements are really high. Dentists study at university for 5 years (same as doctors). Dentists earn big $$$ (more than doctors in many cases).

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid b. Walid View Post

You have to take into account the society that one is living in to understand why someone is making that comment. In some countries a qualification is very important and without it you will struggle finding decent employment.

My personal view is that a qualification is very important if you live in a country like the UK as it'll be difficult to get a decent job. A lot of sectors have a degree as a minimum requirement so without one you cannot enter.
                  I think that's true. In Falasteen also they put more pressure on the women to get educated than they do the men. Just so if anything happens the woman has a fall back plan.

Comment

I can't think how this would be a big deal for a women, the kid working @ his father business making fortunes, or the one that started up a business never studied even college and made a fortune, will always be more desirable to a women then the book worm graduate slaving 9-5 for peanuts in comparison, cash is kind and the ability to provide reigns supreme overall things, so yes I agree with you it isn't really a big thing.

Most man on here would trade their paper degrees and all those years for a small business that provides healthy 100K cash flow every year in a moments notice, the paper is an illusion and I myself am guilty having wasted precious 4 years on it, think about it, "those who can DO, those whom CAN'T teach", why would that teacher teaching you whatever subject on around 30K a year whom could easily earn double that or even triple in the industry decide to teach and take massive hit?

The reason is because he can't hack it in the industry and the crazy part is that you forking out an absolute fortune to that very same institution and people to ACTUALLY teach you whom are failures themselves, it's actually sad when you think about, a complete mirage illusion, only those that are small minded see any importance in this.

Comment

Because without a degree = no money = no food = No home. Without a degree you need support from the government. your money is state-controlled etc. Without a degree. At least in this day and age.

PS. it enhances your skills, and you train your brain, etc.

Being educated is really important, otherwise you are like a puppet on strings, at least here.. Idk else where. That is what I feel.

Allahu alam.
                      Last edited by Serinity; 06-08-16, 06:19 PM.
                      La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
                      (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'
                      Do not say about Allah but Truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Serinity View Post

Because without a degree = no money = no food = No home. Without a degree you need support from the government. your money is state-controlled etc. Without a degree. At least in this day and age.

PS. it enhances your skills, and you train your brain, etc.

Being educated is really important, otherwise you are like a puppet on strings, at least here.. Idk else where. That is what I feel.

Allahu alam.
                        Depends on where you live. You can open a small business and not have a degree.

Comment

Initially, I didn't care about it. But now, it's a priority for me.
                          They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Originally posted by Allah's_Servant View Post
                            Depends on where you live. You can open a small business and not have a degree.
                            True. you just gotta learn to use your brain. you only learn that by teaching yourself. None will think for you.

And it is dumb to let a system determine your worth as a human being. The one with a lot of knowledge who doesn't know except to repeat what he knows without understanding, or reflecting. Is like a donkey with lots of books. What he knows may be very valuable, but if he can't make us of it, what has he done?
                            La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
                            (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'
                            Do not say about Allah but Truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Medic View Post
                              Dentistry degree entry requirements are really high. Dentists study at university for 5 years (same as doctors). Dentists earn big $$$ (more than doctors in many cases).
                              Where is the joy in fixing teeth for your whole life?

What a great way in shaping the technologically advance world we live in.

Most people who study Dentistry and Pharmacy do it as a fall back plan if they can't study Medicine.

Comment

Working...
                              X