X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage Forum to be Shut for 17 Hours a Day

Assalamalaikum,

Well I have suggested a partial shutdown of the Marriage Forum before, and held a poll on it too.

Rather than post this in the "Suggestions" Section, I am simply stating this proposal right here. In the middle of the Marriage Forum (in enemy territory, so to speak).

But I believe the time has come for the Marriage Forum to be shut down for 17 hours a day. It really and truly has.

The Forum cannot continue to operate like this any longer. It is not normal, healthy or inspiring in any way to read for the 650th time, questions such as "Are your husbands trousers too long and beard too short?" or " Does it matter if my wife is 2.5 inches taller than me?" etc etc.

This has to stop. Please.

Therefore I suggest that the Forum can only be opened for a brief period of seven hours, which will be between 11.00pm and 6.00am UK time (when most people will hopefully be asleep).

The rest of the time it will be on lockdown, and if you really need to know whether "Love still exists" or "Is 45 a good age to get married" then you'll have to wait for the "Marriage Window" to open at 11.00pm.

Salaam.

Marriage Forum to be Shut for 17 Hours a Day

وعلیکم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

لا.
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Re: Marriage Forum to be Shut for 17 Hours a Day

Nope. Disagree
      They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

I'm curious what the mods have to say.....

Comment

Originally posted by Striving for Janna View Post
          Nothing.
          You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Striving for Janna View Post
            Yes that's a good point. How do I get them to read this? Is it [MENTION=8041]moderators[/MENTION] ?

It is time that they took a stand here and did something to tidy up this most unhealthy part of the Forum.

Comment

Marriage Forum to be Shut for 17 Hours a Day

و عليكم السلام و رحمة الله

Why doe?!
              إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Comment

:wswrwb:

im with you on this one...

btw i thought it was quite ironic you making a proposal in the marriage forum lool ;)

Comment

Originally posted by SimpleTraveller View Post
                  Assalamalaikum,

Well I have suggested a partial shutdown of the Marriage Forum before, and held a poll on it too.

Rather than post this in the "Suggestions" Section, I am simply stating this proposal right here. In the middle of the Marriage Forum (in enemy territory, so to speak).

But I believe the time has come for the Marriage Forum to be shut down for 17 hours a day. It really and truly has.

The Forum cannot continue to operate like this any longer. It is not normal, healthy or inspiring in any way to read for the 650th time, questions such as "Are your husbands trousers too long and beard too short?" or " Does it matter if my wife is 2.5 inches taller than me?" etc etc.

Therefore I suggest that the Forum can only be opened for a brief period of seven hours, which will be between 11.00pm and 6.00am UK time (when most people will hopefully be asleep).

The rest of the time it will be on lockdown, and if you really need to know whether "Love still exists" or "Is 45 a good age to get married" then you'll have to wait for the "Marriage Window" to open at 11.00pm.

Salaam.
                  This won't decrease the threads, it will just concentrate them into a seven hour period.

Comment

Assalamalaikum,

Salaam.

mmmm NO. who r u to decide this? if u have such a problem with the quality of content, how about YOU stop visiting or post threads u like. let others do as they please. if they wanna waste 10 hours daily on here and ask dumb questions, thats their decision. this is one great thing about living in america is we decide what we want to do and when and how without people putting limitations. if i wanna spend all day at the mosque i can and if i wanna sit at home and eat junk food all day i can. i have the freedom to make my own decisions and how i wanna spend my time and resources. also their audience are everywhere in the world so im sure they will lose a lot of visitors and therefore ad money and then i'm sure they will shut the whole website down.

Comment

try not entering the marriage section perhaps, that way you can have it shut off 24/7 if you like

btw this is no different than when everyone complains of person x threads, but somehow it always gets up to 4 pages
                      Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

Comment

Sufism is the key
                        http://treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com/
                        Perfect Handmade Cookies for your Dhikr Sessison
                        http://s9.postimg.org/46cs0lqz3/bvita_jpg.jpg
                        for all your sufism needs
                        http://s2.postimg.org/tl4ep7qzp/image.jpg

Comment

The marriage forum is a place where people come to chit chat and get excited with the other gender.
                          [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Book Antiqua][CENTER][B][URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?459504-Immensely-rewarding-dhikr!!!&highlight="]IMMENSELY REWARDING DHIKR!!![/URL][/B][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR="#2F4F4F"][CENTER]Before you post, think..."Will this help me when I stand before Allah?" If it doesn't, then you're wasting time....[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

We should have a filter option in the 'new posts' page if you want to keep the marriage section. Sometimes you wonder how on earth ABC thread gets to 4 pages and click on it -_-

Comment

Assalamalaikum,

Salaam.
                              Wa alaykumus salaam,

Well by calling it enemy territory you've already clearly got a strong opinion, but allow me to try at least to put my own 2 pennies worth...

Yes many of the threads are repetitive and boring for ummah forum regulars, but if you look a lot of the posts are not from ummah forum regulars, but from people coming to genuinely come seeking help and advice and turning to ummah forum lacking it elsewhere. These individuals then often stick around and seek advice on other matters, share their views etc.

Marriage is half your deen, but many Muslims have little or no interaction with the deen on a meaningful level until they marry, even if they are practicing to some extent, the lack of knowledge in this area is staggering, so the potential reward for those willing to help such lost individuals is likewise staggering.

Finally, many very important posts get put up here or people with such problems may come to the forum to read old threads on such issues. The 6th or 7th thread on a wife complaining of abuse from her husband might be dull and un-interesting to you and others, but to her this is a massive traumatic life changing problem and if the section of the forum needs to stay open with all the immature questions then so be it.

Yes there are some regular members who spam this section of the forum, but the solution to that is perhaps to just have each initial post requiring a mods approval, or else warning these misguided individuals to pack it in or just sanction them, rather than punish everyone else, especially when many people will have need of this section from time to time.
                              FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

Working...
                              X