• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nonameakhi
    replied
    Re: A brothers perspective to marriage

Originally posted by Jihaaaaaaad View Post
    Your previous comments suggest that you think you did her a favour by marrying her "despite her faults, being a woman and all that". I think it's the other way around!
    are you single my brother?

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied

Just take some good quality face wipes with you when you go to see a bride and ask them to take off the make up off their face.

I don't wear make up for these meeting and one potential's father told my dad that they don't want me to wear make up. It's not an issue.

Some men are okay with girls wearing make up, but if you're not okay with it then you should let the family know and not be disappointed later.

And for the last time you seriously wouldn't know if a woman wore make up or not. It depends on what she is wearing. Yesterday my sister thought I had make up on just because I had lip balm on so you have to understand there is more than meets the eye.

:jkk:

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied

Originally posted by Sabros View Post
    Well you can significantly change ones feautures and colour with make up (contouring, etc.) but its obvious they are wearing make up.
    What is not obvious is the whole mild concealers or toners or whatever some women wear. They use it to get rid of small discolouration etc. and even skin tone. On its own its hard to tell if they are wearing that stuff.
    Finally!

At least someone knows what a concealer is.

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied

Originally posted by Khalid b. Walid View Post
    I didn't say that. Nowhere did I say it was ok for women to wear makeup in front of non-mahrams.

Either you have poor reading comprehension or you are intentionally twisting comments.
    You won't know if a woman is wearing a concealer or not, that is why it is called a concealer.

It's already been mentioned before and it's called 'natural make up'.

And I'm not twisting things. I thought you were saying you don't have a problem with a girl wearing make up during a marriage meeting.
    Last edited by Ya'sin; 03-08-16, 09:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Atwork.
    replied

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
    So it was the family asking for this? Or just the girl?
    the girl.

Leave a comment:

• Sabros
    replied

Well you can significantly change ones feautures and colour with make up (contouring, etc.) but its obvious they are wearing make up.
    What is not obvious is the whole mild concealers or toners or whatever some women wear. They use it to get rid of small discolouration etc. and even skin tone. On its own its hard to tell if they are wearing that stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Stoic Believer
    replied

Originally posted by Atwork. View Post
    Nah these people were not up front about their dreams man.........I had to do like research and stuff for the wedding and when I added up the total it was more than 20k usually. The first time I saw the number, I thought I did my math wrong, so I did it like three more times. And I am not some wealthy person, and these people were expecting me to spend that much on one day that I'll most likely forget about in a week. LOL
    So it was the family asking for this? Or just the girl?

Leave a comment:

• Demure
    replied

This is a never ending debate, in the end only Allah 3azza wa jal can grant us a good spouse so no point in venting frustrations about the other gender.
    Personally I'd like to believe that there is someone out there even for me. All I really want is someone who understands me, that's hard enough as it is because I'm kind of.. difficult and complex (infjs know the struggle) so I try to keep my demand list not too long but err that's not easy. I'll just keep on dreaming.

Leave a comment:

• Khalid b. Walid
    replied

Lol just forget it bro. Arguing with her is pointless.
    Yeah I know. Just wasn't expecting that low move.

She couldn't answer the point raised so had to resort to character assassination.

Leave a comment:

• Saif-Uddin
    replied

Originally posted by Deeni Akh View Post
    So having a sunnah beard will make it harder to get married? SubhanAllah
    But assassins creed Goatees will make it easier by the looks of things ...
    Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 03-08-16, 06:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Saif-Uddin
    replied

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
    Here is our evidence everyone.

This man is okay for a woman to wear make up in front of him -the non mahram. I wonder what would happen if she didn't wear it.

You can't identify it, you can identify poorly worn make up but even a 10 year old can do that.

No wonder.
    Makeup is easily identifiable,

Virtually all men can see it,

Sticks out like a lightbulb to them,

Wearing makeup outside the home / in front of non-mehrems is Haraam,

Leave a comment:

• Saif-Uddin
    replied

Also Noname we don't use ASWRWB or any other acronym to substitute the salaam, either write السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته or the transliteration,

Leave a comment:

• Saif-Uddin
    replied

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
    ASWRWB

This thread has come about due to a discussion on another thread. The basis is that sisters often do threads with regards to the difficulties, problems even shallowness of brothers who are potential spouses

In this thread, open to both genders, I want to see what brothers see as potential barriers/pitfalls etc

An example would be the sunnah beard. I know personally that an assassins creed/goatee is seen as good by sisters but a sunnah beard is off putting for them and can be a barrier when looking at a potential, a practicing (at first glance) potential

NB i know some will say ''not me'' etc but we know there are exceptions to all rules.
    What?!!!

Sunnah Beardbia off-putting but Assassins Creed Goatees are good?!!!

This is Insane

Leave a comment:

• Atwork.
    replied

I just can't comprehend this. How can you have the audacity to ask the guy directly to spend that amount of money? It just seems arrogant to me.
    Nah these people were not up front about their dreams man.........I had to do like research and stuff for the wedding and when I added up the total it was more than 20k usually. The first time I saw the number, I thought I did my math wrong, so I did it like three more times. And I am not some wealthy person, and these people were expecting me to spend that much on one day that I'll most likely forget about in a week. LOL

Leave a comment:

• Stoic Believer
    replied

Originally posted by Khalid b. Walid View Post
    I didn't say that. Nowhere did I say it was ok for women to wear makeup in front of non-mahrams.

Either you have poor reading comprehension or you are intentionally twisting comments.
    Lol just forget it bro. Arguing with her is pointless.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X