Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
    Originally posted by Jihaaaaaaad View Post
    Depends on whom she turned down for. Maybe she didn't like the way the beard looked - the luckly guy might have been lucky cause he took care of the Sunnah beard better or because it looks better.

No one is perfect, brother, and that also means that practicing sisters are not necessary perfect in their likings. That shouldn't mean you should become less practicing (by giving up the Sunnah beard) to better your chances in marrying a pious practicing sister, because you are trying to please someone else and not yourself (- Allah) by doing so. Well no one is perfect ...
    Think you missed the point of the thread akhie

and also the sunnah of the beard is to keep it nice
    Hmmm what's the point? :$

Comment

Re: A brothers perspective to marriage

Originally posted by Faith reloaded View Post
      Good degree + good, stable, respectable job
      Own place, car, fair income

These things are what make it hard
      Like OP said, those are more so barriers put by parents.

This thread is about what sisters themselves do to make it hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Jihaaaaaaad View Post
        Hmmm what's the point? :$
        point was to see what brothers see as issues/problems with regards to marriage posed by sisters

so for example sisters who are older say they have problems finding a spouse due to age as ''all men want a younger wife''. Thats just an example not something I want to discuss in detail on how not all men want it

Comment

sorry but if you're getting rejected and you think it's because of your 'beard', I highly doubt it.
          Indeed we belong to Allah,
          and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

:salams:

My parents have given most people a chance.

Those without a beard and those with a 'Sunnah beard'.

I've just found that whatever the man is, whether he is pious or not so pious, he will be very fussy about what a woman looks like. Basically, they're all pretty much the same.

It pleases me to know that these men get rejected even if it is for their beard. Good. :rotfl:
            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
              Like OP said, those are more so barriers put by parents.

This thread is about what sisters themselves do to make it hard.
              I disagree

So you're telling me a lot of gyaldem don't demand at least some of the things i mentioned?

Comment

I disagree

So you're telling me a lot of gyaldem don't demand at least some of the things i mentioned?
                lol @ gyaldem

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

I've just found that whatever the man is, whether he is pious or not so pious, he will be very fussy about what a woman looks like. Basically, they're all pretty much the same.

It pleases me to know that these men get rejected even if it is for their beard. Good. :rotfl:
                  Sister ya'sin, you find pleasure and amusement in peoples misfortune and misery?

Never knew you had a dark side :0

Comment

I disagree

They do, but the point is it's both the girl and the parents who do so, with more emphasis on it being from the parents.

The thread is about what's uniquely from the sisters.

Comment

Originally posted by ninety1daisies View Post
                      sorry but if you're getting rejected and you think it's because of your 'beard', I highly doubt it.
                      I assure you its true

I am 20 years married myself but have had comments from those I said no to that they were lucky as they couldnt live a ''restricting'' life

I have also had experience where sisters have married and wanted guy to shave or simply said no due to the beard. big beard that is they are happy wit long hair and goatee

Comment

Sister ya'sin, you find pleasure and amusement in peoples misfortune and misery?

This is like sweet revenge to her. Men getting rejected for their appearance.

Comment

it really does happen from what i hear...

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

what is the reason for rejection though?

i would happily reject a woman who was, for example obese. as a bit of a fatty currently if someone did likewise fair enough

but to reject a sister for covering? or a brother for being too islamic?

Comment

Trust me, it's true. It's probably the biggest reason young single Muslim men nowadays don't grow it or keep it short.

So you would marry a man with a fist length beard then?

Comment

:rotfl:

Don't you know? They call themselves pious with a beard and then they reject sisters that are pious, fully covered without plucked eyebrows. (Not talking about myself)

:wacko:

Good they get rejected for their looks too!
                                'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Working...
                                X