Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A brothers perspective to marriage

Originally posted by EenieMeanie View Post
    It's true women these days are a waste of space. You should save yourself, bro. Practise celibacy. No woman, a mere mortal, is worthy of a man of your calibre. Save yourself.

From what I've seen the woman he described is the career woman UF brothers see in their nightmares. I think the line will be short (at least of UF bros).
    Feeling sorry for your husband already.

Comment

Originally posted by londonmuslimguy View Post
      :rotfl:
      And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah
      http://www.ummzakiyyah.com/polygamy_not_my_problem/

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
        The hell? This is not happening all over the west. At least in the US the big beards are only popular amongst the hipsters, and they certainly don't have women hanging off their arms lol. Current trends are geared toward the short trimmed beards or stubble.

You're gonna have to elaborate on the social engineering thing.
        Let's not get side tracked about the beard thing..just don't be quick to blame the beard as the reason she don't like you. The analogy of most women today is like the patients being given the keys to the asylum..those with a valid excuse for being bonkers like abuse etc being excepted of course.

Comment

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
          so what you are saying is

They all be on UF complaining
          :up:

We're all just lazy complainers. Such is the life of our (but not your) generation.
          مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
          It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
          Surah al-Baqarah
          [2:245]

.:.
          .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
          Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

.:.
          ...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

All I'm saying is the so called 'pious' brothers say they want someone who doesn't 'display her ornaments' or show her beauty in public don't actually know what they are talking about.

They are so accustomed to seeing sisters with all sorts of hijab on and make up (please for the last time get with it, make up does not mean a clown face, it can be as deceiving as bananas in pyjamas).

So, when a naturally beautiful woman comes forward, they think it's ugly because they're not used to seeing that. They're used to seeing flawless women with all their eye concealers on, highlighters to give their faces that fake shine aka noor on the face lol so on and so forth, all these products on the face it becomes normal for a man to desire that.

But when man lowers his gaze he will see less of these flawless faces and can appreciate it when his wife can do the same too (look flawless with 'natural' make up). The best part is at least he gets to see her without make up first and without freaking out on the day of the wedding.

The more you see the more you want right? Lower your gaze.

I hope that makes sense?
            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by londonmuslimguy View Post
              naaahhh save the prayers for your wife
              Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Don’t ruin your happiness with worry, and don’t ruin your mind with pessimism. Don’t ruin your success with deception and don’t ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Don’t ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
              __________________________________________________ _____________________________
              If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesn’t prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with dua’as being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so don’t ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
                Et tu, Brute?

Comment

Originally posted by muslima london View Post
                  buuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnn
                  And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah

Comment

Originally posted by snow_flakes View Post
                    Or who knows that bmw is borrowed..

Really a great skill...
                    You don't appreciate how many onions we have saved from burning over the years!

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                      All I'm saying is the so called 'pious' brothers say they want someone who doesn't 'display her ornaments' or show her beauty in public don't actually know what they are talking about.

They are so accustomed to seeing sisters with all sorts of hijab on and make up (please for the last time get with it, make up does not mean a clown face, it can be as deceiving as bananas in pyjamas).

So, when a naturally beautiful woman comes forward, they think it's ugly because they're not used to seeing that. They're used to seeing flawless women with all their eye concealers on, highlighters to give their faces that fake shine aka noor on the face lol so on and so forth, all these products on the face it becomes normal for a man to desire that.

But when man lowers his gaze he will see less of these flawless faces and can appreciate it when his wife can do the same too (look flawless with 'natural' make up). The best part is at least he gets to see her without make up first and without freaking out on the day of the wedding.

The more you see the more you want right? Lower your gaze.

I hope that makes sense?
                      We can spot beauty natural or otherwise...it's not rocket science!

Comment

i was once introduced to a girl for marriage who thought I was to "heavy" due to beard.
                        I assue you she was looking for a practicing Muslim.
                        What is practicing??
                        Is making Istinjaa practicing??
                        *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
                          We can spot beauty natural or otherwise...it's not rocket science!
                          no you can't. "no make up" make up is a thing.

Comment

If someone sits in front of me with no makeup or very little makeup I can decide for myself whether that person is appealing to me or not...it's personal to me, no one can say otherwise!

Comment

Lols sis all these single brothers are probably getting really paranoid. I feel the no makeup makeup look is not common. Most girls either wear makeup so you can tell they are wearing something even it it may be subtle or they wear no makeup at all. Or maybe I'm just completely wrong and I'm like these brothers who are unable to tell the difference bw bare face and no makeup look.
                              Indeed we belong to Allah,
                              and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

So this is a thread where brothers come to roast sisters? Nothing better to do?
                                Let not the free disposal (and affluence) of the disbelievers throughout the land deceive you.

[Surah Aali-'Imraan: V. 196]

Comment

Working...
                                X