Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do all girls want a lovey-dovey relationship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do all girls want a lovey-dovey relationship?

I just want him to be nice. I cant stand lovey dovey relationships. Its way too cringe. I wont ever hold my husbands hand. I just find that odd.
    Okay :)

Comment

Originally posted by علي View Post
      It is for some people though, different folks and all that.
      do you not find the whole ''love'' and ''connection of the soul'' etc a little too hollywood?

I mean before marriage obviously. Sure we all want to fall in love and have it returned from our spouse after marriage

I find it totally unrealistic for a muslim tbh

Comment

Do all girls want a lovey-dovey relationship?

Marriage is the union of two families to form another, and the union of two individuals - male and female - to fulfil their emotional and physical needs (not wants). Individuals and families have different needs, so the purpose of marriage and the nature of the partner may differ.

Comment

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
          do you not find the whole ''love'' and ''connection of the soul'' etc a little too hollywood?

I mean before marriage obviously. Sure we all want to fall in love and have it returned from our spouse after marriage

I find it more absurd for a woman to look forward to marriage

It's basically lockdown and no longer under daddy's throne but a new one that is less lenient
          'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Yeah the overly mushy two people staring at each other silently, eyes shining in the moonlight type stuff, that just hurts. But the two could be really good friends such that they both admit to each other they don't have a better friend in the world, or something like that.

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

It's basically lockdown and no longer under daddy's throne but a new one that is less lenient
            A lot of sisters have a blast, freedom begins for them after marriage. It really depends on the situation, there are many good stories even if they might be outnumbered by bad ones. Still, many is many.
            والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

not my experience at all

most sisters, in my experience, find freedom after marriage

Comment

Originally posted by علي View Post
                Yeah the overly mushy two people staring at each other silently, eyes shining in the moonlight type stuff, that just hurts. But the two could be really good friends such that they both admit to each other they don't have a better friend in the world, or something like that.

A lot of sisters have a blast, freedom begins for them after marriage. It really depends on the situation, there are many good stories even if they might be outnumbered by bad ones. Still, many is many.
                After marriage i think there is no such thing as too romantic akhie

Its the whole love and connection and soulmates things before marriage I refer to

Comment

Its the whole love and connection and soulmates things before marriage I refer to
                  Yeah I got your point but even after marriage, the movie type stuff remains unrealistic most of the time, at least from my experience. It's not that the wife does not appreciate it (it's good to do romantic stuff from time to time), but in movies it sometimes becomes a form of worship with how far the man goes to be "perfect" to his wife, it's very unrealistic. Not that I've watched any of those movies mind you, but from what little I've seen of them when they were on around me years ago, that is what I noticed.
                  والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

not my experience at all

Stop the bluffing

Good try though :rotfl: biggest nonsense I've heard from you nonameuncle :nonono:
                    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

The "soulmate" myth is frighteningly pervasive within the Muslim community, especially the sisters.

Comment

Stop the bluffing

Good try though :rotfl: biggest nonsense I've heard from you nonameuncle :nonono:
                        seriously I am not bluffing you even slightly

Sisters who got married say it themselves. Their fathers were far more restrictive than their husbands

This ranges from having hair cut, wearing make up, driving, working to going out with friends etc

Their husbands were far more accomodating than their fathers

Scarily so many sisters literally take off their clothes after marriage, as in stop covering and start wearing jeans etc

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
                          :wswrwb:

Its a sunnah of the Beloved of Allah swt :saw:
                          Im not ready yet then
                          [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
                          [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

not my experience at all

I hope so.... Cause now alhumdollilah I'm free

After marriage I'll be freeeeeeeeeeee
                            وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

seriously I am not bluffing you even slightly

Sisters who got married say it themselves. Their fathers were far more restrictive than their husbands

This ranges from having hair cut, wearing make up, driving, working to going out with friends etc

Their husbands were far more accomodating than their fathers

Scarily so many sisters literally take off their clothes after marriage, as in stop covering and start wearing jeans etc
                              The bolded bits are not a restriction for me because I can live without those so that is why I didn't understand what you meant by saying some of these sisters find more freedom.

That's not freedom for me. We're looking at different things and associating freedom with different things.

Comment

Originally posted by Ria View Post
                                I just want him to be nice. I cant stand lovey dovey relationships. Its way too cringe. I wont ever hold my husbands hand. I just find that odd.
                                It is. Put him on a leash instead.

How unromantic is that!!
                                وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Working...
                                X