Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do all girls want a lovey-dovey relationship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Do all girls want a lovey-dovey relationship?

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
    I didn't think I was being patronizing though....to be fair, I think almost everyone here is weird. Not only singletons.
    Lol if everyone here is weird, then what does that make you? Birds of a feather flock together.

Originally posted by علي View Post
    I dunno though, a married person being patronizing to singletons is kinda worse imo because there would also be an element of implied "superiority" in that regard right? Kind of like a rich person being patronizing to the poor, which is pretty horrible. This is not to say I'm saying married people are rich while those not married are poor, many people found great misery after marriage while before they were better off, but here on the internet, such realities need not shine through.

Not that I'm saying Sis. Pippin was patronizing or anything, I thought it was her opinion naturally stated and fits with the rest of the topic personally.
    That's one way to see it. The way I see it is, if you're gonna say that us singletons have weird ideas about marriage, at least be married so that you're in a position to say such things.

Btw no hating or disrespect to sister [MENTION=30830]Pippin1376[/MENTION]. It's just banter.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
      Lol if everyone here is weird, then what does that make you? Birds of a feather flock together.
      Of course I'm weird. I'm surprised you never realised that, especially considering how long I've been here.

And to answer your original question, I'm not married. I just feel like marriage isn't as complicated as ummah makes it out to be. Granted, many things on this forum isn't as complicated as we make it out to be.

Islam, like marriage, deals with common sense. Treat the other person the way you wish to be treated and always focus on your goal. If one struggles, then you help and encourage them. If you get closer, nicknames and inside jokes develop. If someone oversteps or isn't contributing at all, then you can break ties. That's how it is with friends and doing group projects at school, so marriage will be the same. Just deeper and more lovey dovey inshaaAllah.
      مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
      It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
      Surah al-Baqarah
      [2:245]

.:.
      .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
      Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

.:.
      ...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

Originally posted by علي View Post
        I dunno though, a married person being patronizing to singletons is kinda worse imo because there would also be an element of implied "superiority" in that regard right? Kind of like a rich person being patronizing to the poor, which is pretty horrible. This is not to say I'm saying married people are rich while those not married are poor, many people found great misery after marriage while before they were better off, but here on the internet, such realities need not shine through.

Not that I'm saying Sis. Pippin was patronizing or anything, I thought it was her opinion naturally stated and fits with the rest of the topic personally.
        I was thinking the same.

It's like saying if you're married then I get it that you're being patronising to single people and it is almost accepted. Which it is not. That's why I made a thread about it and told married people to stop being sarcastic and the rest of it, But bloomin heck the responses on that thread were just weird and rude towards me.
        'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Because I'm not looking.
          Why?
          ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
          "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
          :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

I would soooooooo post what kinda lovey dovey (ergh) relationship I would want but u would all cuss me down to the ground so I will remain silent. Cos I can just see it now. So thank u :jkk: Ummah.com - u are making me develop the ability of foresight AND ur making me less sensitive which tbf I dno if that's a good thing or not but I guess it is.
            "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."

Comment

What made some brothers so grumpy, stone-hearten and stingy? :D
              these traits aren't considered manly. a man is known for his charisma, generosity and kindness. bravery and man-jealously has nothing to do with former traits. rather they are sign of cowards and what they refer as "weasels".

Just treat your wives good and keep the love maintained
              Last edited by Mohamed Mifxal; 07-08-16, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
                Why?
                no $

Comment

no $
                  why?

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
                    why?
                    Because Allah willed it so.

Comment

Because Allah willed it so.
                      Argh

allahumma baarik on patience

Comment

No. I just want him to understand me and love me for who I am. I don't care for being overly and openly affectionate, flowers, eating dinner in the candlelight and jewelry. At all.

Comment

she better pull her weight if she want it

Comment

Working...
                          X