Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are brothers putting on so much weight after marriage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are brothers putting on so much weight after marriage?

Assalamu alikum,

Noticed this trend, some of my friends that got married young(during college) have ballooned up so much its shocking. Went swimming with a couple of brothers when there was a heatwave, those that were married (they're the same age as me) are overweight now- belly sticking out and everything. These are the same guys that would just eat, study and go gym non stop.

Their excuse was that when you're married, you get invited all the time to eat with the in laws and their family and they feed you so much it completely messes up your diet.

You guys need to sort your chiz out.
    They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Re: Why are brothers putting on so much weight after marriage?

Interesting

I know some of my own male relatives have gained a lot of weight after marriage and kids

I guess the best solution is to bring the gym to ur house
    Or take ur wife there etc
    Okay :)

Comment

wa alaykum salam
      wifes are trying to ensure that no other woman checks out their man
      Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Donít ruin your happiness with worry, and donít ruin your mind with pessimism. Donít ruin your success with deception and donít ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Donít ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
      __________________________________________________ _____________________________
      If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesnít prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with duaías being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so donít ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

:wswrwb:

I am determined to not let this happen. I have it all planned out in shaa Allah.

Comment

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
          wa alaykum salam
          wifes are trying to ensure that no other woman checks out their man
          Why would she do that? He'll be unattractive to her too.

Comment

Insecure women like to plump up her man, so no one else wants him.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
              That makes no sense. He'll be unattractive to her too.
              she will control it. make sure he doesn't get TOO fat just fat enough for others not to notice him.

tbh my sister in law controls how much my brother eats. The other day, he went into the kitchen. She went uh uh, lets see what you got there. ok you can have that. i was like
              Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Donít ruin your happiness with worry, and donít ruin your mind with pessimism. Donít ruin your success with deception and donít ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Donít ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
              __________________________________________________ _____________________________
              If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesnít prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with duaías being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so donít ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

she will control it. make sure he doesn't get TOO fat just fat enough for others not to notice him.

tbh my sister in law controls how much my brother eats. The other day, he went into the kitchen. She went uh uh, lets see what you got there. ok you can have that. i was like
                This is why I won't let my wife cook for me. I know she'll try to fatten me up.

Comment

When I was married I put on a lot of weight, prior to it I was skinny as a rake, infact I was skinny my whole life till that point.

My ex wife was an excellent cook May Allah SWT bless her always, and I ate a lot of Chapati's, Bread, Cakes, Cookies, a lot of wheat based food's. Towards the end of our marriage I balooned to 15st almost. It turns out I had an allergy to wheat and flour and milk too. So I eliminated these from my diet and voila, with some exercise and a balanced diet I must've lost 3 stone in approx four months.

Now Alhumdulilah I'm as fit as a fiddle :-)
                  He who loses money, loses much.

He who loses a friend, loses more.

He who loses faith, loses ALL.

Comment

This is why I won't let my wife cook for me. I know she'll try to fatten me up.
                    please write on your marriage biodata

- wife does not need to cook for me. thank you but no thanks. i will cook for myself

Comment

I'm looking for a partner that can cook fresh and tasty food for me

This will be a non issue.
                      'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

I was gonna say, wifey is probably cooking some delicious food and they are enjoying it.

Comment

please write on your marriage biodata

- wife does not need to cook for me. thank you but no thanks. i will cook for myself
                          Why? Is it something she needs to know beforehand?

Comment

Nvm!
                            :salams
                            Last edited by Al-Mualim; 30-07-16, 11:51 PM.
                            Pray. Fast. Zakat. Pilgrimage. Allah.

Comment

I am determined to not let this happen. I have it all planned out in shaa Allah.
                              :there:
                              You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Working...
                              X