Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is arranged marriage going to demolish manhood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is arranged marriage going to demolish manhood?

Originally posted by ForeverMonotheist1 View Post
    My parents warned me and said if i wont find a girl within few years time, they will intervene.
    I told them for man its no problem, they can marry in their 40's.

It feels like arranged marriage goes against my principles and thats why i would say
    i had an arranged marriage and i went o.O at the thread title

a drama queen'ish moment from you
    sigpic

Comment

Umar RA had an arranged marriage for his son. Dunno why everyone thinks you need to become chums before you can get married.

Comment

LMAOO

They know iam against arranged marriage.

But my question is: did any man on UF do this kind of marriage and how did they feel :D
        why are you against arranged marriages?

Originally posted by Ria View Post
        ..But i guess my opinions dont count cause im a female.

my opinion counts because i am a woman and also because i said so

chin up, sis
        sigpic

Comment

I have only heard of it once, and it didn't turn out very well for the parents. They tried to force her to marry her cousin from back home. She ran off and called the cops on them. They can never approach her ever again or face twenty years. The only reason they didn't end up in jail cuz the girl forgave her charges, but the state added the restraining order. This happened was a decade ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Atwork. View Post
            I have only heard of it once, and it didn't turn out very well for the parents. They tried to force her to marry her cousin from back home. She ran off and called the cops on them. They can never approach her ever again or face twenty years. The only reason they didn't end up in jail cuz the girl forgave her charges, but the state added the restraining order. This happened was a decade ago.
            Forcing marriage and arranged marriage are two different things, mind you.

Comment

Originally posted by Foodadad View Post
              well what i was talking about was arranged.

Comment

Arrange marriage was also done by rich, high class families in history. Where some people go wrong is force marriages, they tend not to work out.

Most love marriages don't work out because man is weak and tends to love something and then move on and love something else. Just the way we work lol

Comment

Originally posted by Foodadad View Post

lol

He doesn't know the difference. He thinks parents recommending someone and forcing their daughter to marry a cousin to be the same thing!

Or perhaps he invented the whole story and there's no truth to it lol
                  Last edited by Gegiroor; 31-07-16, 10:59 AM.

Comment

We shall see

Comment

Originally posted by Atwork. View Post
                      well what i was talking about was arranged.
                      That sounded like a very typical forced marriage attempt, actually.

Comment

Wait, what? Goes against your principles?
                        Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
                        O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
                        We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

My parents warned me and said if i wont find a girl within few years time, they will intervene.
                          I told them for man its no problem, they can marry in their 40's.

It feels like arranged marriage goes against my principles and thats why i would say

Which particlar principles does it go against if your parents help you find a wife. Its better than you ogling wimen left and right looking for one you like. Maybe its your parents your against.

Yes, you can get married in your 40's but it not such a good idea. WHat is the ideal age of your wife? Because she may not want to marry a 40 year old. It' nice to fall in love at a young age. At 40, I dunno. You gonna be out of hormones, older, less able to change and adapt to co living etc.

Comment

Sometimes the spouses that accept these "arrangements" due so as they havent been/dont want to be in a haraam relationship.

Knowing that the girl you are about to marry hasnt been "arround" should make you feel more like a man not so??

Comment

Working...
                            X