Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is arranged marriage going to demolish manhood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is arranged marriage going to demolish manhood?

My parents warned me and said if i wont find a girl within few years time, they will intervene.
    I told them for man its no problem, they can marry in their 40's.

It feels like arranged marriage goes against my principles and thats why i would say

Re: Is arranged marriage going to demolish manhood?

Would you like us to speak to your parents on your behalf?
    They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Originally posted by ibzy View Post
      Would you like us to speak to your parents on your behalf?
      LMAOO

They know iam against arranged marriage.

But my question is: did any man on UF do this kind of marriage and how did they feel :D

Comment

Nothing wrong with arranged marriage. But i guess my opinions dont count cause im a female.

What if ur parents suggest u woman, and u get to know her etc . Thats still arranged marriage but u will know her properly if that makes sense
        Okay :)

Comment

Love marriage always have problems.
          Arranged marriages are more successful if parents do consider the opinions of children.
          :lailah:

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverMonotheist1 View Post
            My parents warned me and said if i wont find a girl within few years time, they will intervene.
            I told them for man its no problem, they can marry in their 40's.

It feels like arranged marriage goes against my principles and thats why i would say

It's not marriage you need son. It's maturity

Comment

When you say arranged marriage, do you mean your parents suggest people to you and you see if you like them and then proceed?

If so then that's normal marriage procedures for many many people, including those living in the West.

People will suggest people to you and this may be your parents, relatives, teachers, friend... Nothing wrong with any of this.

But if by arranged marriage you mean your parents select someone and you have to marry her then I can definitely see the problem with that if you don't like that girl.

Comment

so you wanna date and then marry
                Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Donít ruin your happiness with worry, and donít ruin your mind with pessimism. Donít ruin your success with deception and donít ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Donít ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
                __________________________________________________ _____________________________
                If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesnít prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with duaías being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so donít ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

to me all arranged marriage is a way to meet some one. the marriage isnt taking place until i talk to her for a few months and see her a few times and then I DECIDE whether I WANT TO marry her or not. arranged marriage is NOT the same as forced marriage. what principles of urs does it go against?

Comment

Assuming a person has manhood to begin with.
                    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
                      Assuming a person has manhood to begin with.
                      lol true

I heard you only become a man when you become a responsible father

:1popcorn:
                      'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                        lol true

I heard you only become a man when you become a responsible father

:1popcorn:
                        *husband

Click image for larger version

Name:	oie_8eczRqy16rjz.gif
Views:	6
Size:	2.6 KB
ID:	10763772

Comment

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
                          so you wanna date and then marry

Lol
                          Not western dating such as going to cinema

I mean normal way, to have interest in each other.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverMonotheist1 View Post
                            Lol
                            Not western dating such as going to cinema

I mean normal way, to have interest in each other.
                            you can do that with an arranged marriage as well.
                            Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Donít ruin your happiness with worry, and donít ruin your mind with pessimism. Donít ruin your success with deception and donít ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Donít ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
                            __________________________________________________ _____________________________
                            If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesnít prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with duaías being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so donít ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Demolish manhood? You should be so lucky

Comment

Working...
                              X