Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are any men excited/hope to have children?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are any men excited/hope to have children?

I want loads of children but sadly hubby wants 2 and that's it.... I didn't know this until now and I would of declined marriage if I knew this beforehand.. Children are very important to me. We'll see
    I love you, cherish you and worship you,
    Guide me on your path to your janna,
    Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

Originally posted by Fragile View Post
      I want loads of children but sadly hubby wants 2 and that's it.... I didn't know this until now and I would of declined marriage if I knew this beforehand.. Children are very important to me. We'll see
      Is there a reason why he only wants 2?
      Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

Originally posted by hassaan561 View Post
        tell that to ur future wife see how she takes it and if she agrees...
        Well given that my future wife is probably gonna be at least 40 possibly 45, don't think she's going disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by Allah's_Servant View Post
          Is there a reason why he only wants 2?
          He doesn't any to be honest but he said 2 to keep me quiet... That's something I can't be quiet about really.. I want atleast 5

Comment

Originally posted by caspianbound View Post
            Do guys get excited and become hopeful for children too? I'm only in high school, but from my experience guys don't really seem to like kids. When I get older, I want to marry a man who is looking forward to being a father and is anxious (in a good way, not a scared way) to have kids!! Just curious to know if they actually exist, haha. Any of you guys like that? Any age, doesn't matter.
            Yes, I always wanted kids from being a teenager, wanted and still want tonnes more of them, love my kids and love being a dad. It's scary but very rewarding.
            FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

I never come to this section but read this on the side.
              Are any men excited

generally you only get children with this word....

try to use better titles
              If you not on Quran and Sunah go to hell and leave me alone. No Kuffar, no Shia, no Mushrik Barelvis, no rejecters of hadith (even for your mathab) & no other deviants. :up:
              Our Arabic Blog http://al3arabiya.org/
              Our Islamic Blog http://carryonummah.blogspot.co.uk/
              Our YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbp...8-CYfRl_3_jpsw

Comment

I'm not a man but I'm really scared to have kids

Comment

Daughters :inlove:

Comment

He doesn't any to be honest but he said 2 to keep me quiet... That's something I can't be quiet about really.. I want atleast 5
                    My husband is almost like this. But I compromised with him and told him that I would at least have a couple of years (2 or 3) between each child. Besides I'm hoping that once he is a father and holds his son in his hands that he'll want more on his own
                    Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

Originally posted by brightesthour View Post
                      I'm not a man but I'm really scared to have kids
                      Why Ukhti lol

Comment

My husband is almost like this. But I compromised with him and told him that I would at least have a couple of years (2 or 3) between each child. Besides I'm hoping that once he is a father and holds his son in his hands that he'll want more on his own
                        InshAllah dear sis... How's pregnancy going? I think you and me are around the same time lol

Comment

Men are excited about having kids but being men we view the whole situation with reason and logic rather than pure emotion.

Therefore men when they contemplate kids .... if they have none then they are worried about the whole experience - the pregnancy, the childbirth, the aftermath, looking after it, the future etc etc.

If they already have kids then they worry about yet more hardship during pregnancy.... mood swings, constant whinging, whether the baby is healthy, no intimacy etc. And then afterwards - the sleepless nights, the colic, the breastfeeding, etc.

Honestly its not all about the man, actually the man will often feel that he is able to cope with all this but knows that his wife has a short memory (figuratively) and has forgotten how difficult it will be. And how he will be in the firing line and the one to blame for everything that goes wrong.

Yes it all sounds rather selfish and yes it is and most men despite these evil selfish thoughts overcome them and try and be positive. However if the excitement is less than that of a woman, try and understand that its because he is trying to process lots of different associated things.

Comment

InshAllah dear sis... How's pregnancy going? I think you and me are around the same time lol
                            Lol I feel like I should give birth any week now. Lol how far along are you Ukhti?

Comment

Sounds like he doesn't want you to become too matronly.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                                Sounds like he doesn't want you to become too matronly.
                                Yes. A lot of men really worry about their wives ditching the role of attractive, spritely, energetic lover and embracing the role of frumpy, unkempt mumsy mother who doesn't care about him anymore. They worry that they will become a side-show. This is why the safeguards exist in Islam to emphasise the role and status of a husband... not for the husband to abuse it but for the wife to bear it in mind.

There is absolutely no reason why a woman cannot be both amazing lover to her husband and a good mother to her kids. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Comment

Working...
                                X