Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how short is short and how long is long, in term of marriage time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: how short is short and how long is long, in term of marriage time?

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
    i understand working on your religion and character but how do you work on your personality?
    haha yes true...but just know ur bad habits and work on them. so if u think ur not that good looking dont let that make u depressed or angry etc. or if a guy loses his hair he can get fat and be depressed and angry OR he can accept it and start working out and taking care of himself and be happy and confident. women will more probably choose the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Foxxy View Post
      When someone is really beautiful we say Masha Allah, we praise Allah, I agree that everyone has their own preferences and choices but calling someone ugly is indirectly disliking Allah’s creation.

“Speak a good word or remain silent”
      very well said and good thinking :up:

Comment

Originally posted by hassaan561 View Post
        haha yes true...but just know ur bad habits and work on them. so if u think ur not that good looking dont let that make u depressed or angry etc. or if a guy loses his hair he can get fat and be depressed and angry OR he can accept it and start working out and taking care of himself and be happy and confident. women will more probably choose the latter.
        yea but working on bad habits is a part of character not personality, i want to know how do you on your personality?

isnt personality you just being you so to speak?

Comment

some of people should work on your self-esteem more. like wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Foxxy View Post
            When someone is really beautiful we say Masha Allah, we praise Allah, I agree that everyone has their own preferences and choices but calling someone ugly is indirectly disliking Allah’s creation.

“Speak a good word or remain silent”
            No. Stop saying that it's disliking the creation of Allah that makes people feel ashamed for finding something unattractive and they feel like they are insulting Allah or that they will be punished for something that is completely natural.

There is a Hadith of a woman offering herself to the Prophet :saw: the Prophet :saw: looked at her up and down but did not find her attractive and looked down and stayed silent. So how can you say that someone is disliking the creation of Allah when even the Prophet :saw: found someone unattractive. Many hadiths speak about marrying someone for their attractiveness.

We aren't saying to go around and call people ugly and make them feel bad about themselves we are saying it is completely natural and permissible to find someone or something not attractive and no way does it mean we are trying to say we dislike what Allah created.
            Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
              yea but working on bad habits is a part of character not personality, i want to know how do you on your personality?

isnt personality you just being you so to speak?
              but character is part of personality. so say u have a bad habit like u get angry quick so thats personality because thats what makes u who u are. so u should work on being less angry rather than accepting it and saying this is how i am. yes some things u cant work on because hats just how u are but u can make an effort to change some habits. so ur always eating pizza and thats just how u r, u can change that and try chicken kabob lol. if people find u annoying u can figure out why they think ur annoying and work on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Atwork. View Post
                some of people should work on your self-esteem more. like wow.
                I feel like in the Prophet :saw: time more people were fine with not being found attractive because they knew they would be married based upon other things like their deen. But people now a days focus so much on looks that if you find someone unattractive it's like their whole world is destroyed. It's not the end of the world if someone finds you unattractive it just means someone out there will find you attractive or marry you for your deen.

Rather be married for my deen and be unattractive than be attractive and a guy not care if I pray.
                Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

Originally posted by hassaan561 View Post
                  but character is part of personality. so say u have a bad habit like u get angry quick so thats personality because thats what makes u who u are. so u should work on being less angry rather than accepting it and saying this is how i am. yes some things u cant work on because hats just how u are but u can make an effort to change some habits. so ur always eating pizza and thats just how u r, u can change that and try chicken kabob lol. if people find u annoying u can figure out why they think ur annoying and work on that.
                  hmmm i suppose i get what youre mean but yovue still not convinced me lol

Comment

In my opinion 6ft 3
                    Narrated by Anas ibn Malik RA: Allah's Messenger :saw: said. "When a woman observes the five times of prayer, fasts during Ramadan, preserves her chastity and obeys her husband, she may enter by any of the gates of Paradise she wishes."

Comment

Dissss
                      يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by SpreadTheHaqq View Post
                        In my opinion 6ft 3
                        :rotfl: that's not what the OP asked

Comment

Originally posted by SpreadTheHaqq View Post
                          In my opinion 6ft 3
                          good post, surprised no one else thought to post that haha

Comment

Originally posted by Allah's_Servant View Post
                            I feel like in the Prophet :saw: time more people were fine with not being found attractive because they knew they would be married based upon other things like their deen. But people now a days focus so much on looks that if you find someone unattractive it's like their whole world is destroyed. It's not the end of the world if someone finds you unattractive it just means someone out there will find you attractive or marry you for your deen.

Rather be married for my deen and be unattractive than be attractive and a guy not care if I pray.
                            um i could disagree. Today you have a much better option for marriage. you can easily find a person who is religous and who you find attractive today because of how many muslims they are and how connected the world is. also people would rather marry someone because they like them instead of pity.

but even then how people act on here is really bad, you are effecting your personality and your health. even if you think you dont have the looks, confidence can do wonders for a person.

Comment

Originally posted by Atwork. View Post
                              um i could disagree. Today you have a much better option for marriage. you can easily find a person who is religous and who you find attractive today because of how many muslims they are and how connected the world is. also people would rather marry someone because they like them instead of pity.

but even then how people act on here is really bad, you are effecting your personality and your health. even if you think you dont have the looks, confidence can do wonders for a person.
                              I'm not saying someone can't have both I'm saying if someone likes attractiveness that doesn't mean that someone won't marry them. It means someone will marry them for other qualities. Meaning someone who is unattractive should feel bad as they should say "I have my deen and my iman and those two things are better than the world"

That's what I feel confidence is confidence has nothing to do with beauty as beauty can go away in a heart beat but your deen is always there

Comment

Originally posted by Allah's_Servant View Post
                                No. Stop saying that it's disliking the creation of Allah that makes people feel ashamed for finding something unattractive and they feel like they are insulting Allah or that they will be punished for something that is completely natural.

There is a Hadith of a woman offering herself to the Prophet :saw: the Prophet :saw: looked at her up and down but did not find her attractive and looked down and stayed silent. So how can you say that someone is disliking the creation of Allah when even the Prophet :saw: found someone unattractive. Many hadiths speak about marrying someone for their attractiveness.

We aren't saying to go around and call people ugly and make them feel bad about themselves we are saying it is completely natural and permissible to find someone or something not attractive and no way does it mean we are trying to say we dislike what Allah created.
                                I NEVER did say anything about disliking SOMETHING. I solely meant for "calling someone ugly" No parent in the world had an option for choosing green / blue eyes, fair / dark skin, dimples etc etc - each of us are created exactly how Allah wanted us to be.... He is the creator of all things and loves them all equally, who are we to call His creation ugly?

"O you who believe, let not a people ridicule [another] people; perhaps they may be better than them; nor let women ridicule [other] women; perhaps they may be better than them. And do not insult one another and do not call each other by [offensive] nicknames. Wretched is the name of disobedience after [one's] faith. And whoever does not repent - then it is those who are the wrongdoers." (Quran 49:11)

Also, I wonder if there really is such a thing as ugly or good looking? What is the criteria for either? What determines which is which? If you ever watch a baby you may notice the baby sees his/her parents as being the most beautiful of humans, no matter what the rest of the world thinks. Perhaps the ideas of beauty and ugly are things that are taught and learned. Perhaps neither exists except in the teaching of the culture we live in.....
                                “Mu'min” is more that just a title. It is to have Imaan established in the heart and testified to by the limbs.

Comment

Working...
                                X