Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how short is short and how long is long, in term of marriage time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: how short is short and how long is long, in term of marriage time?

Originally posted by Aloo View Post
    i've already served 16 years of a life sentence.
    What would your response be when Mrs Aloo reads this?!!!! :spunch:
    “Mu'min” is more that just a title. It is to have Imaan established in the heart and testified to by the limbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Foxxy View Post
      What would your response be when Mrs Aloo reads this?!!!! :spunch:
      haha that reminds me of toy story with mr and mrs. potato head. by the way aloo in urdu means potato. just wanted to clarify in case u didnt know.

Comment

Originally posted by hassaan561 View Post
        haha that reminds me of toy story with mr and mrs. potato head. by the way aloo in urdu means potato. just wanted to clarify in case u didnt know.
        shukriya, mujhe maloom hai... and i LOVE potatoes!!!!!
        “Mu'min” is more that just a title. It is to have Imaan established in the heart and testified to by the limbs.

Comment

1-2 years short

I think 5+ years is a long time. Like if a couple were to divorce after 1-2 years, you can probably chalk it up to immaturity or honeymoon phase being over. But if it is over 5+ years, there were probably hardcore issues like abuse, infidelity etc Allahu alim
          Allah gave us two ears and one mouth, so we can listen more and talk less.

Comment

shukriya, mujhe maloom hai... and i LOVE potatoes!!!!!
            haha thanks now i look dumb...

Comment

haha thanks now i look dumb...
              lol, nah not at all....

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
                beauty is in the eye of the beholder, anyone could be attracted to anyone, how did you even bring ugly into this? theres no such thing as ugly everyone just has their own preferences...
                Ok, so ugly girls can have happy marriage too. That's good to know. Being ugly is fun.

JazakAllah khair

Comment

Originally posted by DaughterOfAdam View Post
                  Ok, so ugly girls can have happy marriage too. That's good to know. Being ugly is fun.

JazakAllah khair
                  There is no one out there that is UGLY. The same Allah that created the skies and the seas created us all.... saying someone is ugly is disliking Allah's creation....

Comment

also depends on if they're living together because i did nikah for 10 months but we never lived together because we never did reception.

to me short is less than 1-2 years and anything after that is long.
                    good point

There is no one out there that is UGLY. The same Allah that created the skies and the seas created us all.... saying someone is ugly is disliking Allah's creation....
                    that was my point in a nutshell... :jkk:

Comment

Short - a few years
                      Long - 7-10 years or more

Comment

JazakAllah khair
                        lol I wish you would stop doing this to yourself sis, i bet you are not even ugly. and its true what Miss Foxxy says, no one is ugly... not to me anyways

sadly the times we're living in people think 'beauty' is supermodel looks and symmetrical faces but thats just the medias definition of 'beauty', not the worlds definition

and remember same rules apply to men too. you think EVERY man will reject you? even those who are no heartthrobs themselves? there is someone out there for everything

my family everyone is average looking (or lesser) but they are all happily married... don't marry a guy who puts you on a pedestal and judges you by your looks only because thats the type that won't be able to appreciate you for who you are.

Comment

Seeing someone as not attractive is not disliking Allah creation. People need to stop saying this because that makes people feel like they are insulting Allah when they find someone not attractive when that is not the fact and to find someone unattractive is human nature. If beauty did not matter as some people try to claim and that no one can be deemed unattractive than the Prophet :saw: would have not stated that women get married because of beauty.

I can find someone unattractive but someone else can find that person attractive it does not mean I dislike Allah creation.

People need to be more careful with their words
                          Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

JazakAllah khair
                            no such as thing as ugly. i've found people attractive that others haven't and vice versa. and if a person feels they lack in looks department then they can work on their religion, character, and PERSONALITY. i've seen people marry someone much lower than their league because they really like their personality or what they stood for.

Comment

no such as thing as ugly. i've found people attractive that others haven't and vice versa. and if a person feels they lack in looks department then they can work on their religion, character, and PERSONALITY. i've seen people marry someone much lower than their league because they really like their personality or what they stood for.
                              i understand working on your religion and character but how do you work on your personality?

Comment

Originally posted by Allah's_Servant View Post
                                Seeing someone as not attractive is not disliking Allah creation. People need to stop saying this because that makes people feel like they are insulting Allah when they find someone not attractive when that is not the fact and to find someone unattractive is human nature. If beauty did not matter as some people try to claim and that no one can be deemed unattractive than the Prophet :saw: would have not stated that women get married because of beauty.

I can find someone unattractive but someone else can find that person attractive it does not mean I dislike Allah creation.

People need to be more careful with their words
                                When someone is really beautiful we say Masha Allah, we praise Allah, I agree that everyone has their own preferences and choices but calling someone ugly is indirectly disliking Allah’s creation.

“Speak a good word or remain silent”

Comment

Working...
                                X