Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how short is short and how long is long, in term of marriage time?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • how short is short and how long is long, in term of marriage time?

    :salams

    hey peeps so the other thread got me thinking,
    what would you class as being married for a short amount of time as? 6 months and less, 1 year and less etc
    what would you class as being married for long time as? 2 years, 5 years, 10 years etc

    im interested to see your thoughts and opinions on this...

    :jkk:

  • #2
    Re: how short is short and how long is long, in term of marriage time?

    the average divorce happens in 2 years so keep that in mind.

    one year and under is short and 3.5 years is long lol

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: how short is short and how long is long, in term of marriage time?

      Originally posted by Atwork. View Post
      the average divorce happens in 2 years so keep that in mind.

      one year and under is short and 3.5 years is long lol
      ohh is that the average within two years? kind of makes sense when you think about it, honeymoon period coming to an end and reality kicking in about each others habits, likes and dislikes etc

      see thats one of the reasons i was asking due to divorce rates being on the rise

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: how short is short and how long is long, in term of marriage time?

        Think if you are married 10 years and divorce , it considered long.


        The other day i saw somewhere .....
        Someone had written.

        " they were married for .. years .... they had a good run."

        I mean cmon seriously is that what marriage is these days.

        See who lasts the longest.
        What a shame this world has come to huh.

        Agree with me Simply.....

        Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

        **** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

        Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antê” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: how short is short and how long is long, in term of marriage time?

          Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
          ohh is that the average within two years? kind of makes sense when you think about it, honeymoon period coming to an end and reality kicking in about each others habits, likes and dislikes etc

          see thats one of the reasons i was asking due to divorce rates being on the rise
          Do you think that usually happens when a guy marries a pretty girl, and then after 2 years realises that he has nothing in common with her = divorce?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: how short is short and how long is long, in term of marriage time?

            Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
            ohh is that the average within two years? kind of makes sense when you think about it, honeymoon period coming to an end and reality kicking in about each others habits, likes and dislikes etc

            see thats one of the reasons i was asking due to divorce rates being on the rise
            yeah and this is also when the excitement of their looks fades and the only main thing left is their personality.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: how short is short and how long is long, in term of marriage time?

              Short = till death do us part

              Long = Holding my hand and taking me into Jannah

              Insha Allah :love:
              “Mu'min” is more that just a title. It is to have Imaan established in the heart and testified to by the limbs.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: how short is short and how long is long, in term of marriage time?

                Originally posted by muzzybee View Post
                Think if you are married 10 years and divorce , it considered long.


                The other day i saw somewhere .....
                Someone had written.

                " they were married for .. years .... they had a good run."

                I mean cmon seriously is that what marriage is these days.

                See who lasts the longest.
                What a shame this world has come to huh.

                Agree with me Simply.....
                yea i actually agree, i think some peeps think marriage is a stroll until reality hits them but like anything in life you have ups and downs and have to grind it out...

                Originally posted by DaughterOfAdam View Post
                Do you think that usually happens when a guy marries a pretty girl, and then after 2 years realises that he has nothing in common with her = divorce?
                nooo i dont think it has anything to do with looks, unless a guy just fell for a women purely based on her looks either way thats just a foolish thing to do...

                i just think when you live with someone the true colours of the person show sooner or later and you see what the person is really like,
                hence why im saying reality kicks in....

                Originally posted by Atwork. View Post
                yeah and this is also when the excitement of their looks fades and the only main thing left is their personality.
                of course you need to be attracted and have some chemistry thats a no brainer but going for someone purely based on looks is foolish...

                Originally posted by Miss Foxxy View Post
                Short = till death do us part

                Long = Holding my hand and taking me into Jannah

                Insha Allah :love:
                nice quote :jkk:

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: how short is short and how long is long, in term of marriage time?

                  Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

                  of course you need to be attracted and have some chemistry thats a no brainer but going for someone purely based on looks is foolish...
                  So does this mean ugly girl can't have happy marriage?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: how short is short and how long is long, in term of marriage time?

                    Originally posted by DaughterOfAdam View Post
                    So does this mean ugly girl can't have happy marriage?
                    beauty is in the eye of the beholder, anyone could be attracted to anyone, how did you even bring ugly into this? theres no such thing as ugly everyone just has their own preferences...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: how short is short and how long is long, in term of marriage time?

                      Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

                      of coruse you need to be attracted and have some chemistry thats a no brainer but going for someone purely based on looks is foolish...


                      In reality, looks are the only thing you can go on. there is no way you know a person's personality from meeting with them for one hour or so while being monitored. Most people would stay formal and cautious in such conditions. but i'll stop here cuz i dont wanna derail your thread.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: how short is short and how long is long, in term of marriage time?

                        i've already served 16 years of a life sentence.
                        لآ اِلَهَ اِلّا اللّهُ مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُوُل اللّهِ

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: how short is short and how long is long, in term of marriage time?

                          Originally posted by Aloo View Post
                          i've already served 16 years of a life sentence.
                          9 more years and you finished your sentence. hope your parole hearing goes well.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: how short is short and how long is long, in term of marriage time?

                            Originally posted by Atwork. View Post
                            In reality, looks are the only thing you can go on. there is no way you know a person's personality from meeting with them for one hour or so while being monitored. Most people would stay formal and cautious in such conditions. but i'll stop here cuz i dont wanna derail your thread.
                            i get you, carry on i dont mind akhi...

                            Originally posted by Aloo View Post
                            i've already served 16 years of a life sentence.
                            youre one brave aloo lool

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: how short is short and how long is long, in term of marriage time?

                              also depends on if they're living together because i did nikah for 10 months but we never lived together because we never did reception.

                              to me short is less than 1-2 years and anything after that is long.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X