No announcement yet.

Is it ok to not cook for your spouse?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Is it ok to not cook for your spouse?

My mom has said this to me few times:

"If wife doesn't cook for her husband or husband doesn't eat wife's cooking, affection cannot grow between them."

Comment

Originally posted by HelloEverybody View Post
      My mom has said this to me few times:

"If wife doesn't cook for her husband or husband doesn't eat wife's cooking, affection cannot grow between them."
      Wise words. It's good if he gets used to your flavor. It brings you closer. I've seen men marry the maid as the second wife bc she is cooking his food & taking care of his children. He grows affection for her bc of the things she does for him. The wife gets too lazy & leaves everything to the maid. When you love your spouse, you put in an effort to take care of them.

What if a man said he doesn't like to work bc he doesn't want to be bothered? We won't accept that right?

It's not good to be lazy. Someone who doesn't like to cook will probably not like to clean either. I'm not saying women should do all the housework, but you definitely have to put in some effort.
      Therefore remember Me, I will remember you, And be thankful to Me, and do not be ungrateful to Me." [Qur'an 2:152]
      Behold in the Remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction."
      [Al Quran 13:28]
      ]

Comment

Originally posted by muslimahc View Post
        Wise words. It's good if he gets used to your flavor. It brings you closer. I've seen men marry the maid as the second wife bc she is cooking his food & taking care of his children. He grows affection for her bc of the things she does for him. The wife gets too lazy & leaves everything to the maid. When you love your spouse, you put in an effort to take care of them.

What if a man said he doesn't like to work bc he doesn't want to be bothered? We won't accept that right?

It's not good to be lazy. Someone who doesn't like to cook will probably not like to clean either. I'm not saying women should do all the housework, but you definitely have to put in some effort.
        hmm...

My mom has also commented something like "If she allows the maid to make his food, they will divorce soon."

Comment

Originally posted by Abd al-Rahman View Post
          I can usually boil an egg without messing it up...
          It's harder than it sounds, honestly. It's easier to fry an egg. Or make an omelette. At least you can SEE what's going on. But when the egg is just HIDING in it's opaque mysterious shell, giving NOTHING away???

If you guys have the money to eat out everyday or you have someone else to do the cooking then it should be fine. If you live in a country where maids are more affordable, you don't have to cook.

I personally prefer to cook myself. I prefer my own style of cooking, but I like to take a break eat out once or twice a week. To never cook though especially when you are married might be unrealistic. You should marry a man who can cook & doesn't have traditional gender expectations. I'm more traditional & prefer to cook for my husband but that's just me. I think it also strengthens the bond between you & your husband if he loves your food. I think it could make you close to your spouse bc it would be something he loves about you. It would make him look forward to going home.
          I think women should know how to cook even if they are going to have a maid. That's just my opinion though. I'm waiting for the feminists to come attack.
          How come you don't like cooking?
          Aw man. That sounds sad. It'd be nicer if he was looking forward to going home to see his wife. Sheesh.

Comment

Originally posted by TCKMuslima View Post
            It's harder than it sounds, honestly. It's easier to fry an egg. Or make an omelette. At least you can SEE what's going on. But when the egg is just HIDING in it's opaque mysterious shell, giving NOTHING away???

Aw man. That sounds sad. It'd be nicer if he was looking forward to going home to see his wife. Sheesh.
            He is looking forward to seeing her. Because she takes care of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
              Nah, she said he's looking forward to the food.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                Thank you.
                Therefore remember Me, I will remember you, And be thankful to Me, and do not be ungrateful to Me." [Qur'an 2:152]
                ]

Comment

Nah, she said he's looking forward to the food.
                  You still don't get it. People like people bc of certain characteristics. A wife being a good cook is one characteristic her husband may like about her. Doesn't mean he only wants her food & isn't worried about her.
                  ]

Comment

You still don't get it. People like people bc of certain characteristics. A wife being a good cook is one characteristic her husband may like about her. Doesn't mean he only wants her food & isn't worried about her.
                    Yeah ok I get what you're saying. But how you said it sounds like he's looking forward to coming home because of food. And alllllll I'm saying is it sounds a bit sad to me that he's looking forward primarily to the food.
                    BUT hey it's ok if we disagree and you don't find that sad. We don't all have to find the same things sad.

Comment

ha ha. what is it with these females? ooh love me for who i am not what i can cook blah blah blah lol...as long as you are happy to see him even if he doesnt bring any money in..its ok you are just looking forward to see his shining ickle face lol.
                      Spears shall be shaken! Shields shall be splintered! a sword day..a red day..ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride to ruin, and the world’s ending!

None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.”

Comment

Originally posted by DaughterOfAdam View Post
                        Coz you juz can't be bovvad?
                        what's bovvad?
                        I guess you can always go raw :P

Comment

Working...
                        X