Eloping: Yay, Nay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eloping: Yay, Nay

Let's say you're hung up on one girl and feel it's a chance too great to miss, like she's that one fish out of the millions in the water, like it was by the qadr of Allah that you and her not be but you want to grab destiny by your hands and take control.

Would eloping be such a horrible choice? I mean, from the guy's perspective he doesn't really need to seek approval from parents but from the girl's perspective she seeks approval from her wali?

Could such a marriage be halafied like kosher meat in the supermarket? Or does the wali need to be kidnapped too?

Could families ever accept such a marriage eventually?
    Sisters shouldn't respond to me.

Re: Eloping: Yay, Nay

i'll you give an A for effort
    http://treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com/
    Perfect Handmade Cookies for your Dhikr Sessison
    http://s9.postimg.org/46cs0lqz3/bvita_jpg.jpg
    for all your sufism needs
    http://s2.postimg.org/tl4ep7qzp/image.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by muslimboy764 View Post
      i'll you give an A for effort
      I'm sort of half-serious on this.

Comment

Eloping: Yay, Nay

If the wali is against it, nope.

Comment

You could run away from the problems

But they'll still be waiting for you in a stack to be faced after the honeymoon
          Ya Rab! When you give me wealth, do not take away my happiness. When you give me strength, do not take away my intelligence. When you give me victory, do not take away my humility. When you give me humility, do not take away my dignity.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
            But is it possible he could come to terms with it?

I know that's circumventing halal avenue road, but could it still be considered an Islamic marriage even after he approves of it later?

Comment

Originally posted by aabdall 79 View Post
              But is it possible he could come to terms with it?

I know that's circumventing halal avenue road, but could it still be considered an Islamic marriage even after he approves of it later?
              No that doesn't make it an Islamic marriage.

Comment

A better idea is to stage the kidnapping of the both of you. You parents think you're kidnapped, and you're actually living a married life. Then you can go bakc home a year or 2 later with your bride and vice versa and tell them that the kidnappers forced you both to get married and that luckily you were able to get away.

Damn am I brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by musicisme6565 View Post
                  A better idea is to stage the kidnapping of the both of you. You parents think you're kidnapped, and you're actually living a married life. Then you can go bakc home a year or 2 later with your bride and vice versa and tell them that the kidnappers forced you both to get married and that luckily you were able to get away.

Damn am I brilliant.
                  Write that down on paper. :D

But there's s possibility they might ask if we can divorce? What's the plan? Tell them we're in love?

Comment

But there's s possibility they might ask if we can divorce? What's the plan? Tell them we're in love?
                    tell them that you both have grown to like each other, and that a divorce is too much work and not a good idea

Comment

tell them that you both have grown to like each other, and that a divorce is too much work and not a good idea
                      :thumbsup:

I think you tied every screw.

Comment

:thumbsup:

I think you tied every screw.
                        um you don't tie screws, you screw them in

Comment

No that doesn't make it an Islamic marriage.
                          What of you tricked the wali into saying 'yes'? And then repent?

um you don't tie screws, you screw them in
                          yea, that or tighten them.

Comment

Actually get a baby...problem sorted. They won't even ask you about divorce.

Comment

desperate or what

errrr no, stop living in your fantasy world. she is not one in a million girl, and neither are you. approach this the right way, do istikhara and then let fate ride its course. If she is meant to be your wife, trust me - the whole world would not be able to stop it but if otherwise, your path to marrying her will always come with obstacles.

but no elopement

what are you??? Bollywood star or something smh
                              Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Don’t ruin your happiness with worry, and don’t ruin your mind with pessimism. Don’t ruin your success with deception and don’t ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Don’t ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
                              __________________________________________________ _____________________________
                              If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesn’t prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with dua’as being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so don’t ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Working...
                              X