Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So would you join an Ummah Matrimonial Database thingymabob?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So would you join an Ummah Matrimonial Database thingymabob?

:salams

So, I hear a few of our talented UFers are working on this project and planning on launching ba'dhal Ramadaan. So what do you think:

- Yes - worth a shot.
    - No - buncha weirdos on this forum.
    - Maybe - if I'm mad enough one day.
    Yes - worth a shot.
    40.48%
    No - y'all too weird.
    50.00%
    Maybe - if I have a moment of madness.
    9.52%
    And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah
    http://www.ummzakiyyah.com/polygamy_not_my_problem/

Re: So would you join an Ummah Matrimonial Database thingymabob?

For some members especially reverts, this is the only islamic community they have so it would definitely help them.

Comment

So would you join an Ummah Matrimonial Database thingymabob?

Yes, but considering almost all the members live 1000s of miles away from me, I imagine it'd be impractical.

Comment

Originally posted by Deeni Akh View Post
        For some members especially reverts, this is the only islamic community they have so it would definitely help them.
        True, that.

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
        Yes, but considering almost all the members live 1000s of miles away from me, I imagine it'd be impractical.
        Impractical but not impossible.

I think this database thing, if done right, is actually a great idea. There would have to be rules in place though. Like not just anyone would be allowed to submit their application (lol sounds so weird), they'd have to be legitimate members of the forum for a while at least.
        And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah
        http://www.ummzakiyyah.com/polygamy_not_my_problem/

Comment

Hell yes I've got my eye on everybody nobody's immune no one here got 4 wives

Comment

Originally posted by bismillaah View Post
            Hell yes I've got my eye on everybody nobody's immune no one here got 4 wives
            Dats creepy

Comment

This is news to me.

[MENTION=83419]muzzybee[/MENTION].....
              وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

I have done so before.

sadly given the fact that my family seem to only know potentials from 'back home' it seems to be the only option for me

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post

but on one of the websites it asks how far someone would travel for marriage so check that out, a lot of men seem to be willing to move nationally or even internationally for the sake of marriage. there must be some similar women.

Comment

Not even in a moment of madness...
                  Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Originally posted by selas View Post
                    I have done so before.

sadly given the fact that my family seem to only know potentials from 'back home' it seems to be the only option for me

but on one of the websites it asks how far someone would travel for marriage so check that out, a lot of men seem to be willing to move nationally or even internationally for the sake of marriage. there must be some similar women.
                    I wouldn't move, but I'd want her to move in with me. And that's why I said it's impractical, because I don't want to ask any girl to leave her home and live somewhere thousands of miles away.

Comment

I mistakenly said yes. I thought it was asking if it was a good idea.... ._.

But now that I think about it, maybe I would if my parents were cool with that. UF is the only place where I've met people with a similar understanding as I have
                      If Allah & his Messenger :saw: ordered us to breathe in a certain way, we would say: "سَمِعْنَا وَأَطَعْنَا We hear & We obey"
                      “Whoever turns away from my Sunnah has nothing to do with me.” (al-Bukhaari)

Comment

Waalaikimussalam
                        Inshaallah

As you mentioned op there got to be some strict criteria ,so that we can prevent trolls.

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
                          This is news to me.

[MENTION=83419]muzzybee[/MENTION].....
                          :up:
                          I've just seen this ... should be an interesting discussion
                          Last edited by muzzybee; 22-06-16, 03:40 AM.

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Comment

I dunno if it's a good idea. I feel like it'd change the dynamic of the forum.

Ibn Umar was asked, “Did the sahaba laugh?” He said, “Yes, and the faith in their hearts was like mountains.”

"You can not be the ummah that will call the world to goodness if you hate everybody else" - Nouman Ali Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Salams2All View Post
                              I dunno if it's a good idea. I feel like it'd change the dynamic of the forum.
                              Lol for one all the hypothetical marriage threads will be real threads discussing day to day marital issues.
                              [MENTION=128109]EenieMeanie[/MENTION] if you join in madness, I'll be your e-wali.

Comment

Working...
                              X