Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you stay with your spouse if they became deformed?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mazuiz
    replied
    Re: Would you stay with your spouse if they became deformed?

May Allah fill our hearts with love and mercy
    InshaAllah I would stay, may Allah accept

Leave a comment:

• HelloEverybody
    replied

I'll will be honest here.

yes I would stay, if it is only looks and physical ability that is effected, with exception of intimacy. It wouldn't matter a one bit, I probably would stop noticing it after awhile. After of possible trouble of finding someone, getting used to and tolerate ones problems and someone to get used to me and tolerate my problems. Throwing it away is not worth it.

If mental capacity is severely effected in a way that leads to bad or severe situations quite often and no bearable recovery can achieved. I would leave.

Leave a comment:

• sister_82
    replied

Originally posted by Atwork. View Post
    you're comparing apples to oranges......
    How is it any different? As men you are supposed to protect your family, your wife would have probably spend years caring for you and your children, why cant men have any empathy or mercy on their spouse.

Leave a comment:

• علي
    replied

Originally posted by Strive View Post
    I think the majority of those saying no are not married.
    Yeah I can't imagine a person in even an average marriage would be like that because there's a lot that goes into marriage. A lot of males have their wife as their best and sometimes only friend, it becomes more than just a matter of looks.

I think it's possible that from a purely shar`i perspective, it might be hard to say that it's haram if someone left their wife in her time of need (though if it can be proven to keep people in check, I wouldn't mind). But kamaa tudeenu tudaan. Allah (swt) is not obligated to show anyone mercy when they stand before him on the Day of Judgment, and just like how such simple good deeds can open the doors to heaven for people, I think if someone is guilty of something like this, they might find themselves being accounted for sins that might have otherwise been forgiven with Allah (swt)'s mercy.

Leave a comment:

• Atwork.
    replied

Originally posted by Strive View Post
    yeah.

Leave a comment:

• Strive
    replied

Leave a comment:

• muslimboy764
    replied

no

Leave a comment:

• InTheBegining
    replied

I would stay with my spouse regardless of her state. Her vulnerability only increases my love. I am not with my spouse for what she is but who she is. God forbid if anything were to happen to her I'd treat her like nothing happened to her. I'd never abandon her in a time when she feels abandoned. I'd strive to make her feel as normal as possible so that she feels normal and not abnormal.

I do not understand spouses that abandon each other in these circumstances when they are at their lowest emotionally and physically. It's like shooting the person in the heart.

Any spouse that abandons their partner when they became "abnormal" did not deserve to be with the person when they were "normal"

Also I didn't read the OP just the title so apologies if this is off topic.
    Last edited by InTheBegining; 19-06-16, 10:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Comrox
    replied

I would do everything in my power to care for them and give them the support and loved they deserve, especially if they ever had an accident that caused a deformation.

Leave a comment:

• koz
    replied

I don't know how I will think at that very moment. However if something like that really happens one day then I hope I would look after her.
    That's probably the only thing I can say.

Leave a comment:

• Atwork.
    replied

Originally posted by sister_82 View Post
    Yes. You don't run out ofor marriage because someone becomes ill or becomes disabled. What if you had children who were born with a disability
    . Wall out on them too. Some people have very selfish attitudes.
    you're comparing apples to oranges......

Leave a comment:

• sister_82
    replied

Yes. You don't run out ofor marriage because someone becomes ill or becomes disabled. What if you had children who were born with a disability
    . Wall out on them too. Some people have very selfish attitudes.

Leave a comment:

• Dedication
    replied

Depends how long I was with her, how serious and how good of a spouse she is.

Leave a comment:

• Atwork.
    replied

It depends on how long I am with the person. If it happened in less than ten years then I could leave, anything lower I well most likely leave. But if it happened after we were married for 30 plus years then no way would I leave. if you stay with someone that long in this time and age were the average divorce happens in 2 years, you wont leave until you either die or she dies.

Leave a comment:

• Saleem Gub
    replied

Originally posted by ibzy View Post
    This thread went dark pretty quick
    it didnt turn dark just stupid

its amusing how ppl can take a person like mutant seriously

Leave a comment:

Working...
X