Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you stay with your spouse if they became deformed?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mutant
    replied
    Re: Would you stay with your spouse if they became deformed?

Marrying for beauty is not wrong. Also, a man( and a woman) has biological needs. How am I gonna get intimate when my spouse looks like a burnt demon from the flames of hell?

Leave a comment:

• Strive
    replied

Originally posted by DaughterOfAdam View Post
    I think it's easy to tell which guys are shallow and which ones are not. The shallow type would normally go on about wanting to marry a beautiful woman.

I would advise to maintain proper hijab and abaya (look as dull and plain as possible), no makeup etc. and then that deters the shallow guys.
    You mean they'd keep harping on about it?

Leave a comment:

• Strive
    replied

Originally posted by bismillaah View Post
    I remember at my last masjid, i used to see this handsome brother pushing a wheel chair every friday. This is why u shud always marry a practising man, because he fears allaah concerning you.
    Exactly! Masha'Allah may Allah reward that brother.

Leave a comment:

• bismillaah
    replied

I remember at my last masjid, i used to see this handsome brother pushing a wheel chair every friday. This is why u shud always marry a practising man, because he fears allaah concerning you.

Leave a comment:

• DaughterOfAdam
    replied

Originally posted by Strive View Post
    That's one of my worries, marrying a shallow guy.
    I think it's easy to tell which guys are shallow and which ones are not. The shallow type would normally go on about wanting to marry a beautiful woman.

I would advise to maintain proper hijab and abaya (look as dull and plain as possible), no makeup etc. and then that deters the shallow guys.

Leave a comment:

• patient believer
    replied

If you married him for reasons other than looks i don't think you would leave .

Leave a comment:

• Strive
    replied

I feel like the guys who married for non-shallow reasons are more likely to stay and true love their wives.

Dumb shallow guys might leave.
    That's one of my worries, marrying a shallow guy.

Leave a comment:

• nudgetheputri
    replied

I feel like the guys who married for non-shallow reasons are more likely to stay and true love their wives.

Sure

Leave a comment:

• The Poet
    replied

^ This

Leave a comment:

• DaughterOfAdam
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Muslima London
    replied

Originally posted by Strive View Post
    The other day I was reading the following post on instagram and it made me think. Not sure how many Muslim men would do this tbh :/

“A little different to what we usually post, but an amazing story! A True Gentlemen - The Australian ex-model Turia Pitt suffered burns to 65 per cent of her body, lost her fingers and thumb on her right hand and spent five months in hospital after she was trapped by a grassfire in a 100 kilometre ultra-marathon in the Kimberley. Her boyfriend decided to quit his job to care for her recovery. Days ago, in an interview for CNN they asked him: "Did you at any moment think about leaving her and hiring someone to take care of her and moving on with your life?" His reply touched the world: "I married her soul, her character, and she's the only woman that will continue to fulfill my dreams." True love is unconditional love”
    that is the difference betwewen a marriage based on looks and one based on character, deen and personality

Leave a comment:

• aynina
    replied

You cant really know how you would feel when that happens

Leave a comment:

• Sabertooth
    replied

Muslim women might also might do this so I don't know why you just aimed it at men.

Leave a comment:

• bismillaah
    replied

hmm, what a difficult q

Leave a comment:

• Sis_Asiya
    replied

Who can see into the future? Why make hypothetical threads? Also ask yourself if after marriage you became ill say terminal illness or disabled or whatever how would you feel if your spouse whom you love then left you?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X