Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you stay with your spouse if they became deformed?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you stay with your spouse if they became deformed?

I have thought of this a lot. There is no answer for this
    “Have you seen he who has taken as his god his [own] desire, and Allah has sent him astray due to knowledge and has set a seal upon his hearing and his heart and put over his vision a veil? So who will guide him after Allah ? Then will you not be reminded? And they say, “There is not but our worldly life; we die and live, and nothing destroys us except time.” And they have of that no knowledge; they are only assuming.” Quran 45:23-24

Comment

Re: Would you stay with your spouse if they became deformed?

Originally posted by Mutant View Post
      Marrying for beauty is not wrong. Also, a man( and a woman) has biological needs. How am I gonna get intimate when my spouse looks like a burnt demon from the flames of hell?
      Gosh what a disgusting thing to say. Says a lot about you as a person
      82. Verily, when He intends a thing, His Command is, "be", and it is! 83. So glory to Him in Whose hands is the dominion of all things: and to Him will you be all brought back. Quran surah 36: Ya-sin

Comment

Originally posted by Sis_Asiya View Post
        Gosh what a disgusting thing to say. Says a lot about you as a person
        Yes. I am a very disgustinggggg person

Comment

Yeah I'd stay. This is a person you love and live with. How could you leave them when they're at their lowest?
          Ya Rab! When you give me wealth, do not take away my happiness. When you give me strength, do not take away my intelligence. When you give me victory, do not take away my humility. When you give me humility, do not take away my dignity.

Comment

Yes. I am a very disgustinggggg person
            May Allah guide you
            82. Verily, when He intends a thing, His Command is, "be", and it is! 83. So glory to Him in Whose hands is the dominion of all things: and to Him will you be all brought back. Quran surah 36: Ya-sin

Comment

Marrying for beauty is not wrong. Also, a man( and a woman) has biological needs. How am I gonna get intimate when my spouse looks like a burnt demon from the flames of hell?
              Well if she has 60% of her body burnt, 2 missing hands, 1 missing ear, a broken nose, half an eye, bald burnt head..that definitely can pass for something from the movie The Conjouring
              That's an extremely insensitive thing to say.

How would you feel if you were deformed (May Allah protect you from that), and people spoke about you this way? This is a sensitive topic so the last thing that's needed is to use hurtful language towards individuals with deformities.
              “And We have already created man and know what his soul whispers to him, and We are closer to him than (his) jugular vein.” (Quran 50:16)

Comment

Originally posted by The Poet View Post
                That's an extremely insensitive thing to say.

How would you feel if you were deformed (May Allah protect you from that), and people spoke about you this way? This is a sensitive topic so the last thing that's needed is to use hurtful language towards individuals with deformities.
                I am sorry I triggered deformedkind

Comment

I don't care if you people see me as some devil for me saying what I would do in such a situation. Most people would do what I would do. Stop trying to romanticise deformity. No one would wanna live a life with someone that has become hideously deformed.

Comment

No. I would beg her to leave me. I never wanna be a burden on those I love.
                    That's what you say now... But if it happens you will need those you love to support you and stand by you because that's what family is meant to do...
                    I know a brother who was 17 at the time of his accident... He owned a motorbike and a week after his purchase he had a really bad accident.. Paralysed from the neck down, his brain was half removed and we can clearly see the hole and he can not speak so he blinks instead... He still has all his senses but he can not move... That accident happened 20 years ago and he's still alive even though doctors confirmed that he will not last a few months.. You know why? Because his family love him and supported him from day one.. His brothers change his nappies and bath him, their wives cook and keep his cloths clean, they speak to him and wait patiently as he replies.. That's what family is meant to be.. If they threw him I'm sure he will not be here today.

We all need family support..
                    Last edited by Fragile; 19-06-16, 01:44 PM.
                    I love you, cherish you and worship you,
                    Guide me on your path to your janna,
                    Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

Originally posted by Fragile View Post
                      That's what you say now... But if it happens you will need those you love to support you and stand by you because that's what family is meant to do...
                      I know a brother who was 17 at the time of his accident... He owned a motorbike and a week after his purchase he had a really bad accident.. Paralysed from the neck down, his brain was half removed and we can clearly see the hole and he can not speak so he blinks instead... He still has all his senses but he can not move... That accident happened 20 years ago and he's still alive even though doctors confirmed that he will not last a few months.. You know why? Because his family love him and supported him from day one.. His brothers change his nappies and bath him, their wives cook and keep his cloths clean, they speak to him and wait patiently as he replies.. That's what family is meant to be.. If they threw him I'm sure he will not be here today.

We all need family support..
                      That's irrelevant to intimacy with a spouse.

Comment

Becarful [MENTION=136911]Mutant[/MENTION]... You sound like you think you're "almighty" when in fact you're just as weak and frail as everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Fragile View Post
                          Becarful [MENTION=136911]Mutant[/MENTION]... You sound like you think you're "almighty" when in fact you're just as weak and frail as everyone else.
                          Is that you wishing some bad omen on me? Perhaps you can make dua in your prayers so Allah can break my back or have my eyes pulled out in some freak accident. It will make you feel better about your existence I'm sure

Comment

I admire the man who said in the article that it's her soul and character that he's in love with.

I on the other hand can't say what I would do. I like to think I'm the sort of person who would stay with my husband if something happened to him.
                            Last edited by Lila; 19-06-16, 01:58 PM.

Comment

That's irrelevant to intimacy with a spouse.
                              Don't mind me... I can't bare it, truely can't. You sound very childish, I presume you're still young and naive so I won't be too bothered by what you say however take it from someone who has done and achieved so much in her life.. The world goes round in circles and how you are with others, some day someone will treat you the same.. It may be harsh or tender but it's your doing that conflicted it.

I sure hope who ever you will marry one day, has the opportunity to find out what your views are considering this sad matter... I'm sure no sister will accept such ignorance, for her sake.

Comment

Is that you wishing some bad omen on me? Perhaps you can make dua in your prayers so Allah can break my back or have my eyes pulled out in some freak accident. It will make you feel better about your existence I'm sure
                                You're in denial and truely unexperienced in life... Your views are very narrow. Have you not noticed?

Comment

Working...
                                X