Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you stay with your spouse if they became deformed?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunderstorm
    replied
    Re: Would you stay with your spouse if they became deformed?

[MENTION=136911]Mutant[/MENTION] Had you seen your wife in such a state, and see her break down when she sees you cringe, I think you'd change your mind.

That said, I wouldn't leave over that. I won't ever have to make the decision for that matter, if I get married it'll be a miracle.

Leave a comment:

• ibzy
    replied

Originally posted by F_R View Post
    And yours is you

Has it? In a good or bad way? Or were your expectations of how I "should" behave made from the clouds?

At least it stopped the argument
    Yhh I don't think it has stopped the arguments actually

Leave a comment:

• Fragile
    replied

Originally posted by F_R View Post
    Ooooh shots fired
    [MENTION=122588]Fragile[/MENTION] what's your comeback gonna be?
    He's been closed... He's Just having an unusual tantrum Over it.. I'm sure some quiet time on the naughty step would do him good

Leave a comment:

• Fragile
    replied

Originally posted by Mutant View Post
    Read your posts above. FYI I am the same in every month. I don't need to put on an act during ramadan. You should drop the act yourself.
    Prove it or walk away silently... You made an assumption now act like a grown up and provide your evidence.. Or stay quiet.. Cause I closed you little boy.

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    replied

peeps would actually leave?

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
    True... Like your accent f_r, it's so you.
    And yours is you

Originally posted by ibzy View Post
    Ramadans changed you
    Has it? In a good or bad way? Or were your expectations of how I "should" behave made from the clouds?

At least it stopped the argument

Leave a comment:

• EenieMeanie
    replied

I read a book called Face by Benjamin Zephaniah in my teens about a young, good-looking man who lost everything - his model gf, his friends, future career - after sustaining significant burn injuries to his face. I remember being really sad for the character who gradually saw the people in his life, that he thought were his true friends, abandon him.

That book really had an impact on me. I like to think I wouldn't leave my husband over something like a deformity. I think other illnesses - the ones affecting the intellect or mobility - would be harder for me to adjust to.

Leave a comment:

• bhshawon
    replied

Must you use example of kuffar who are in haram relationship?

Leave a comment:

• Stoic Believer
    replied
    Originally posted by Strive View Post
    The brothers who are saying yes, is that because you'd get a second wife lol?
    I thought about it, but I don't think I would. Her being deformed would not make having a second wife any easier.

Leave a comment:

• AbulUthman
    replied

Originally posted by Strive View Post
    no

Leave a comment:

• AbulUthman
    replied

Originally posted by Deeni Akh View Post
    Of course I would stay!

Is that even a question
    +1000

Leave a comment:

• Strive
    replied

Leave a comment:

• neelu
    replied

Oddly enough this is a question I've asked myself many times when it has come to rishtas. I think to myself is he someone I'd want to stay with even if something terrible like this caused him to lose his looks and that sort of thing? It depends on the guy. Some have so much good in them that I think I'd accept a lot more compromises for them including not being deterred over hardships like this. If I come across a guy who seems okay but not so great in certain areas, then I'd feel like I couldn't commit to him and I'd probably turn him down.

Also I think if a guy is open and accepting of my condition then the least I can do is be cool about his difficulties. The one thing I think I couldn't accept is if our relationship is good, then this calamity happens and he starts pushing me away, becoming withdrawn and shutting me out- I'd hate that. I need some level of connection and communication and worry that a relationship would not survive without it. If he shut me out emotionally for long enough I'd start off being patient and giving him time but after that I'd consider leaving. If on the other hand he doesn't let that happen then that's cool.

Leave a comment:

• Stoic Believer
    replied
    Would you stay with your spouse if they became deformed?

If I'm in love with her, yes.

But it'll cause problems with intimacy.

Leave a comment:

• shezad
    replied

Yes I would, Allah's blessings come in many forms. Allah tests people in different ways. We as Muslims need to make constant Dua to Allah and ask that whatever he gives us or whatever decisions he makes for us that we're happy with it all.
    Last edited by shezad; 19-06-16, 04:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X