Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you stay with your spouse if they became deformed?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Would you stay with your spouse if they became deformed?

Originally posted by bismillaah View Post
    I remember at my last masjid, i used to see this handsome brother pushing a wheel chair every friday. This is why u shud always marry a practising man, because he fears allaah concerning you.
    Exactly! Masha'Allah may Allah reward that brother.
    And strive because the sweetness of life lies in the struggle - Imam al-Shafi'i

Comment

Originally posted by DaughterOfAdam View Post
      I think it's easy to tell which guys are shallow and which ones are not. The shallow type would normally go on about wanting to marry a beautiful woman.

I would advise to maintain proper hijab and abaya (look as dull and plain as possible), no makeup etc. and then that deters the shallow guys.
      You mean they'd keep harping on about it?

Comment

Marrying for beauty is not wrong. Also, a man( and a woman) has biological needs. How am I gonna get intimate when my spouse looks like a burnt demon from the flames of hell?

Comment

Originally posted by mutant View Post
          marrying for beauty is not wrong. Also, a man( and a woman) has biological needs. How am i gonna get intimate when my spouse looks like a burnt demon from the flames of hell?
          Last edited by ابن مرة; 19-06-16, 01:18 PM. Reason: nvm
          اللهم يا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبي على دينك

Comment

Originally posted by Mutant View Post
            Marrying for beauty is not wrong. Also, a man( and a woman) has biological needs. How am I gonna get intimate when my spouse looks like a burnt demon from the flames of hell?
            So people who have been burnt in fires are burnt demons? Astagfirullah

Comment

Originally posted by Strive View Post
              So people who have been burnt in fires are burnt demons? Astagfirullah
              Well if she has 60% of her body burnt, 2 missing hands, 1 missing ear, a broken nose, half an eye, bald burnt head..that definitely can pass for something from the movie The Conjouring

Comment

Comment

Allah forbid and may he remain in the best of health, United beside me Ameen..

Yes I would
                  I love you, cherish you and worship you,
                  Guide me on your path to your janna,
                  Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

Well if she has 60% of her body burnt, 2 missing hands, 1 missing ear, a broken nose, half an eye, bald burnt head..that definitely can pass for something from the movie The Conjouring
                    It's Ramadan so I don't want to say something I regret.

Comment

Originally posted by Fragile View Post
                      Allah forbid and may he remain in the best of health, United beside me Ameen..

Yes I would
                      Ameen

Comment

No way
                        What if you were the one deformed... How would you feel if your wife left you? Surely you will rethink your answer today and say "I need to have mercy" because we all are prone to this fate, it happens every day as we speak... You're human aren't you.. So becarful how you go about things in life, Allah Swt might test you with what you dislike
                        I love you, cherish you and worship you,
                        Guide me on your path to your janna,
                        Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

Originally posted by Fragile View Post
                          What if you were the one deformed... How would you feel if your wife left you? Surely you will rethink your answer today and say "I need to have mercy" because we all are prone to this fate, it happens every day as we speak... You're human aren't you.. So becarful how you go about things in life, Allah Swt might test you with what you dislike
                          No. I would beg her to leave me. I never wanna be a burden on those I love.

Comment

:salams

I don't think there is unconditional love. To a certain degree yes, but not completely. There is a limit. But to answer your question. yes.

There is somewhere in the Qur'an (as far as I know)

4:19
                            O you who have believed, it is not lawful for you to inherit women by compulsion. And do not make difficulties for them in order to take [back] part of what you gave them unless they commit a clear immorality. And live with them in kindness. For if you dislike them - perhaps you dislike a thing and Allah makes therein much good.

And Allah (SWT) knows best.
                            La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
                            (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'
                            Do not say about Allah but Truth.

Comment

Thats cruel to say so...This could ve been the other way round...
                              ".......He giveth and spendeth (of His bounty) as He pleaseth. But the revelation that cometh to thee from Allah increaseth in most of them (kuffar) their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy.Amongst them we have placed enmity and hatred till the Day of Judgment. Every time they kindle the fire of war, Allah doth extinguish it;but they (ever) strive to do mischief on earth. And Allah loveth not those who do mischief."(5:64)

Comment

No. I would beg her to leave me. I never wanna be a burden on those I love.
                                It d put more burden of guilt on the partner s part...more than you being a burden on her...
                                ".......He giveth and spendeth (of His bounty) as He pleaseth. But the revelation that cometh to thee from Allah increaseth in most of them (kuffar) their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy.Amongst them we have placed enmity and hatred till the Day of Judgment. Every time they kindle the fire of war, Allah doth extinguish it;but they (ever) strive to do mischief on earth. And Allah loveth not those who do mischief."(5:64)

Comment

Working...
                                X