Why is cooking such a big deal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Taking divorce lightly

Firstly regarding what my lovely sis patient believer posted, hmmm well.. I don't have any comments, because for someone to divorce over this could say so many things about the person, situation etc, but we are mere spectators, we don't know anything about their actual marriage, and why this truly occurred. And as crazy as things seem, when you remember that it's all written and destined, then you realise that what is meant to be, will come your way

Okay regarding the food thing.. I really wish I was one of those people who ate just to survive, and could just eat fruit and salads, or stay the day without eating/thinking about food.. some people are genuinely like this, and it's cool. But I am a foodie, undeniably a foodie. I can't imagine marrying a husband who is atleast not slightly into food.. I don't mean obsessed with food lol, and actually I don't mind if he's not, but not someone who just ate like salad all day and spent hours at the gym. By all means eat healthy and go to the gym.. we all should try, but when you let it take over your life. So I guess both are extremes..

I honestly don't know how to cook at all. But obviously I would tell a potential in the meeting and be upfront straight away.. I do want to learn how to cook and want to cook because I love food, the occasional times I cook I do really enjoy it, and I'd want to know for myself, hubby kids, family etc. I don't want to work after marriage, so I would be happy cooking. Like I would not expect my husband to come from a long day of work.. and start cooking, I mean he will be tired.. he deserves to relax, and if you don't work, it just kinda makes sense.. But it's totally fine to now know and follow recipes and learn, because at some point the food will start tasting okay lol.. and then maybe even great ;)

Cooking healthy is very important. And very underestimated especially in south Asian culture. You can cook delicious yet healthy food.. like curries, leave out the ghee, oil butter cream etc.. use lean meat/chicken, cut off the fat, use yoghurt and spices, have it with brown rice. Bake samosas rather than fry them.. etc :)
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
    [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
      Who eats beans on toast? Lol.

I'm not a gourmet chef nor do I need to be. All I need is some rice, some meat, and some vegetables. Pretty easy to put together.
      Fam why u hatin on beans and toast.

masha'Allah that's good, your wife will be one happy woman insha'Allah.

Comment

I think being a relatively reasonable cook for both genders is important.

My reasoning is that God forbid if your wife/husband falls sick, and cannot do much house work, then someone has to be able to step up and take charge.
        Also you can't eat out all the time, as others have said, its unhealthy.
        If you're having children, you want to able to cook them nice meals so that they can grow up well.

I think the OP means some people expecting their wife to be an excellent cook, who knows everything, and will always make them meals.

Comment

It is a basic life skill, and if you don't know how to do it, male or female, you need to seriously get yourself together.

Comment

I am feel hungry, didnt had breakfast and ur asking y is cooking such a big deal. :(

Comment

I hate men who marry women only because they need someone who can cook, it's clear the only value he saw in her was cooking otherwise he wouldn't have divorced her. It reminds of my childhood when my mum used to say "if you can't cook, he will divorce you and send you back, don't bring shame on the family and embarrass me nayaa" lol

Also bringing over a bunch of men hardly one week into the marriage and expecting you to cook for all of them is a no no.
              Crisps and cucumber lol how cute! this is my kind of girl, we could be best friends, I probably would have done the same thing if I ever found out cooking skills were the only thing he valued :rotfl:
              this is the kind of thing you laugh about, not divorce over. These men need to chill and understand that this is a woman, you can't just ruin her life over something that can be easily fixed.

but in all seriousness, it's clear deen was not a deciding factor in the marriage process.
              Last edited by Rumaysah~; 19-03-17, 02:48 PM.
              شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
              فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
              وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
              ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

• Re: Why is cooking such a big deal?

Cooking ain't such a big deal.

You can buy those 5-min microwave meals. Just pop one of those in the microwave, and voila! Done.

Comment

Originally posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
                  I hate men who marry women only because they need someone who can cook, it's clear the only value he saw in her was cooking otherwise he wouldn't have divorced her. It reminds of my childhood when my mum used to say "if you can't cook, he will divorce you and send you back, don't bring shame on the family and embarrass me nayaa" lol

Also bringing over a bunch of men hardly one week into the marriage and expecting you to cook for all of them is a no no.
                  Crisps and cucumber lol how cute! this is my kind of girl, we could be best friends, I probably would have done the same thing if I ever found out cooking skills were the only thing he valued :rotfl:
                  this is the kind of thing you laugh about, not divorce over. These men need to chill and understand that this is a woman, you can't just ruin her life over something that can be easily fixed.

but in all seriousness, it's clear deen was not a deciding factor in the marriage process.
                  She lied to him, perhaps he thought what other skeletons are in the closet. Moral of the sorry tale is tell the truth.

Comment

Working...
                  X