Why is cooking such a big deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is cooking such a big deal?

I wasn't aware till I came on this forum of how big of a deal cooking is as a requirement when finding a wife, till I came on this forum. Is this an eastern thing. By cooking do you guys mean like plates of biryani and full meals like that.

Honestly, i didn't ask my wife about cooking before we got married, but guess we're simple in that I might just eat some cereal and bagel in the morning and a sandwhich for lunch or dinner.

How many of you find cooking a major requirement? And aren't you worried about getting overweight from having 3 or more full meals a day?
    unconditional love for all of mankind.

Re: Why is cooking such a big deal?

I don't get it as a requirement tbh. Yea it would be nice if she was was an amazing cook, but worst case scenario you can just get take away...

Comment

because someone has to do it
      The Prophet (saw) advised to: “Take benefit of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

Comment

i love seeing couples who gone a bit chubby after 2-3 months of marriage. :inlove:

Comment

Originally posted by Akhūka View Post
          I don't get it as a requirement tbh. Yea it would be nice if she was was an amazing cook, but worst case scenario you can just get take away...
          But you can't survive on take aways daily.

Failing that learn to cook yourselves also
          82. Verily, when He intends a thing, His Command is, "be", and it is! 83. So glory to Him in Whose hands is the dominion of all things: and to Him will you be all brought back. Quran surah 36: Ya-sin

Comment

Because they're use to their mummy cooking & serving them right up until their mid-20s when they feel like settling down. I've noticed the men who have had to live on their own for work/ studies aren't that fussy about the cooking thing.

Comment

How can u eat a sandwich for dinner?
              Narrated by Anas ibn Malik RA: Allah's Messenger :saw: said. "When a woman observes the five times of prayer, fasts during Ramadan, preserves her chastity and obeys her husband, she may enter by any of the gates of Paradise she wishes."

Comment

What I don't get is why you don't think cooking is a big deal lol

I really couldn't deal with take aways more than a few times a year

And it's usually 1 or 2 full hot meals a day. At least in my house. No one eats breakfast and lunch together coz of school or work but we always have at least 1 meal a day as a family
                Ya Rab! When you give me wealth, do not take away my happiness. When you give me strength, do not take away my intelligence. When you give me victory, do not take away my humility. When you give me humility, do not take away my dignity.

Comment

Originally posted by SpreadTheHaqq View Post
                  How can u eat a sandwich for dinner?
                  Idk sometimes turkey, chicken, or tuna. What am I supposed to eat lol.
                  unconditional love for all of mankind.

Comment

Originally posted by shann View Post
                    Idk sometimes turkey, chicken, or tuna. What am I supposed to eat lol.
                    Do you enjoy eating?
                    Narrated by Anas ibn Malik RA: Allah's Messenger :saw: said. "When a woman observes the five times of prayer, fasts during Ramadan, preserves her chastity and obeys her husband, she may enter by any of the gates of Paradise she wishes."

Comment

I can't cook am I screwed..? :(

Comment

You gotta cook to make good food. Food is good so cooking is good. Except when you're tired and hungry then you can pretty much eat whatever.
                        "O mankind, indeed the promise of Allāh is truth, so let not the worldly life delude you..."

• [Al-Qur'ān, 35:5]

Comment

Originally posted by Pink123 View Post
                          It's pretty easy to learn sis dw
                          "O mankind, indeed the promise of Allāh is truth, so let not the worldly life delude you..."

• [Al-Qur'ān, 35:5]

Comment

Originally posted by Pink123 View Post
                            Do you like suffer from constant amnesia ? I think it means loss of memory.
                            “You don't need anybody to tell you who you are or what you are. You are what you are!”

Comment

Originally posted by Aaliyah_h View Post
                              It's pretty easy to learn sis dw
                              That's good. Cuz I can only make a sandwich....

Originally posted by I See You View Post
                              Do you like suffer from constant amnesia ? I think it means loss of memory.
                              huh

Comment

Working...
                              X