Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm counting down the days until I meet my beloved....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fragile
    replied
    Re: My mother says she'll disown me if I marry my cousin....

Why banned?

Leave a comment:

• Lila
    replied

Aww why did he get banned? Did it really come to that?!

Leave a comment:

• Stoic Believer
    replied

Dang, OP was banned. Did he really deserve that?

Leave a comment:

• MuslimTX
    replied

Originally posted by Nomadicforumer View Post
    It depends on how suitable your cousin is. If she's really the whole package, don't let her go easily. Your mum is at the end of the day a mum and she will give you her blessings. ft.
    not true, an obstinate parent can refuse todo that, just not to lose "face"

there are some really stubborn people out there, with personality disorders, they are very good ppl otherwise, may even be god fearing,

Leave a comment:

• MuslimTX
    replied

This is emotional blackmail, but i would advise the OP to give in, not because mother is right but because, there are other girls out there as well.

But the "you have one parent but can marry wives" line is wrong to be used in such case

Parents sometimes use it to push a child to divorce, the alternative being effective disowning .....

unfortunately south asian societies in particular do not recognize parental abuse, all is fair game for a parent to do because Islam in their belief has not forbidden parents from doing anything

Leave a comment:

• Aloo
    replied
    Re: I'm desperate....

when i was your age i obsessed over Sega and Nintendo. didn't want no girl getting in between me and my gaming. my how times have changed. find a hobby bro.

Leave a comment:

• Comrox
    replied

Marriage isn't as wonderful as you seem to think it is.

Sure, it does have wonderful moments, but it's not all perfect and love and happy times, especially in the beginning.

Good things happen to those who are patient. Good things happen when we are not expecting them. When you stop thinking about marriage, praying for marriage, waiting for marriage, etc.... You will find the person you're waiting for, Insha'Allah.

You're desperate for a wife, but maybe try to come to terms with the fact that you need to wait for a reason? You need more time to work on yourself brother. :) These are crucial years in your development, both in character and in deen.

Leave a comment:

• Romero123
    replied

Aaaaawww cute boy :o

Leave a comment:

• Plumeria
    replied

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
    if you're desperate, you aren't ready
    ///thread closed////

Leave a comment:

• Harun1004
    replied

If you truly love them, then don't put anything online that they'd dislike. If Nurgul read this, it'd be over for your chances.

Leave a comment:

• patient believer
    replied

I think you fall very easily, this is a major weakness that can lead to your doom.Be cautious my little bro, it is not worth it at all in the end.
    They have beautiful names

Leave a comment:

• RaNdOm
    replied

Originally posted by Striving for Janna View Post
    I'm desperate for a wife lol. I wrote down that list of memories of my childhood crush, friend, and playmate Nurgul like I told you guys.......I stay up all night every night so I can pray 10 rakats of tahajjud prayer, and I pray it in the last third of the time between isha and fajr, and at the end I ask Allah to let me marry her (before it was my cousin, but my mom said she'd disown me if I married her).......although tonight i did 20 rakats....and I make dua while bowing (sajda?), and I think constantly about what to do in college and work to maximize my chances of getting married and at the same time doing what I love (ie, working in a field that doesn't bore me).....I also have looked from time to time at Serra and Nurgul's Instagram photos, wrote poetry about them, and cuddle with my pillow, kiss it, and talk to it, pretending it's one of them.....My question to you is, is this too strange? should I be concerned? if so, how do I stop obsessing?
    if you're desperate, you aren't ready

Leave a comment:

• ~Umar~
    replied

:salams

Right.....

Akhi, I'll just echo what others have said very quickly.

"Please try to focus on your relationship with Allah swt".

I am focused on other things.....like studying social sciences, funny videos on YouTube, memes, SpongeBob, horror (like urban legends), etc
    What you have stated here is not productive in anyway and will not help you. Try and replace those things with more Islamic acts that will benefit you in this World and more importantly in the hereafter.
    For example, instead of wasting 30 minutes of watching Spongebob, you could be reading the Quran and contemplating on it's meaning, making dhikr or Istighfar. That way not only are you being productive (Islamically), But you are also doing a huge favour for yourself by accumulating good deeds (which will help in the hereafter).

Think about it, say you made Istighfar for 30 mins. You would be doing something much more beneficial as your asking Allah swt to forgive you for your previous sins, which in turn will help in the hereafter if He swt does forgive you.
    Now compare this to you watching spongebob for 30 minutes or youtube vids which are not related to Islam in anyway etc etc... Is it really benefiting you? Are you really taking full advantage of your time and your young age (Especially in this blessed month)???

Especially in this month, we are encouraged to do more acts of worship! So I urge you my brother, to replace those "other things" which you have stated, with acts that will improve your relation with Allah swt. You still have time to take advantage of Ramadan, So don't waste it :)

The rest will come in to place, So don't worry about it and remain patient.

Leave a comment:

• aabdall 79
    replied

In truth, we are all desperate.

Isn't that why we are here? ;)

Leave a comment:

• Lila
    replied

Brother, I know how you feel I really do. And like others have said, just keep remembering Allah and keep up with your prayers. When the time is right you'll know.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X