Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you support friend marrying without parents permission?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Would you support friend marrying without parents permission?

Originally posted by In my Opinion View Post
    Firstly, manners is what defines a good Muslim... You man child, have none. Since its Ramadan, I will refrain from putting you back to the gutters. Also, marriage isn't just about sex. I'm quite sure that's not her sole reason for wanting to marry!

Where I live, there used to be no Mosque. There are areas here where I know, very few Muslims live, and guess what? Yep, no Mosques. So, let's get back down to earth, shall we? What are they to do, if they have crazy parents?

Your analogy with the poor men is still ridiculous because they men are providers. If they can't provide and want to marry, they are clearly irresponsible men... Why would the prophet tell them to marry?

Did you know that even pig meat would become halal if it came to survival?

This case is an exception. We are talking about a grown woman who has been trying to marry the halal way with no help from her parents. She's not 10 years old, she's mature and a doctor. Whilst I would also encourage parental involvement or even a relatives... Not all have such luxury. I still have my reservations about the guy as she or her family don't know him well. However, if she does know him and believe him to be a good enough husband... And does find an Imam to marry them and the Imam knows her family don't agree... What is the issue?
    Heh. Resorting to the last trap card. You are being mean!

Here is a commandment from the quran

O you who have believed, obey Allah and obey the Messenger. Clear cut as it can get. But my word, I am bad muslim for pointing the inconvienient truth about you and those who want to marry without a wali. The prophet of Islam's uncle was a kaffir. And yet the prophet tried his best to convince him to be a muslim. To the end. He failed but it didn't stop him from trying. Whereas you are telling muslim girls here to abandon their parents even calling them crazies simply because they do not agree with who they would get married to. I get the feeling you are a rebel. You chaff a lot and if I were to surmise you are just projecting your own frustrations because you are not married yet. Now I couldn't care less like I said before that you break your parents or marry without a wali or live the rest of your life as a zani in the eyes of allah.

What angers me is when you try and give your worthless unislamic law breaking advice to sisters here. And yeah pig meat is halal when there is no food but men are not pig food and there are plenty of men out there if you are patient enough and actually work with your parents to get them. Lot better than working against them. I don't know about you but I rather get into a marriage with barakah from my parents than against. Even for someone like me who needs no permission to marry the woman I want.

Finally a man can fully provide for his wife without a dowry. Pre Islamic arabs used to do that. Its only when islam came about that the prophet said men had to pay dowry to their wives. No ifs no buts. And mashallah those people accepted it. No excuses put forth by anyone. And today we have people like trying to weasel out from the prophet's commandments. Like I said. I really don't care about you. But I do care about the genuine people here looking for advice

Comment

Re: Would you support friend marrying without parents permission?

Just wanted to give update because I am happy. Alhamdulilah, Allah has answered my friends prayer during month of Ramadan. Her parents just came on board a week before the wedding. They will be giving her away & taking care of everything.

*what a relief, now I will be a guest at the wedding instead of trying to fulfill her family role*

Comment

Originally posted by Kya View Post
        Just wanted to give update because I am happy. Alhamdulilah, Allah has answered my friends prayer during month of Ramadan. Her parents just came on board a week before the wedding. They will be giving her away & taking care of everything.

*what a relief, now I will be a guest at the wedding instead of trying to fulfill her family role*
        Alhamdulillah.

Comment

Working...
        X